Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Help! Heat Rash on New Tattoo and it's ITCHY

Options
  • 07-07-2014 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I got a new tattoo on Friday, it's pretty big and covers most of my upper, inner arm (bicep).
    It's a colour tattoo and has vibrant pinks and reds.
    I've been using the Pegasus Tattoo Cream that I bought in the shop but I've found when cleaning the tattoo I can never get the excess off and end up covering old cream with new cream even though I've cleaned it.

Anyway, now I have a heat rash and it's very itchy and sore. Can anybody recommend what I should do from here?
    I've stopped using the Pegasus, had a shower and left the tattoo to breathe for a half an hour before applying a thin layer of Bepanthen. Should I still be covering the tattoo or just applying cream?
    Also could anyone recommend a less thick and greasy cream that won't effect the colour?

It's my third tattoo and usually I've only ever used Bepanthen but this time it's just so awkward.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Put the Bepanthen tube in warm water for a few minutes and it will thin out and be much easier to apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Have you been covering it in cling film?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 babz

dinorebel wrote: »
    Put the Bepanthen tube in warm water for a few minutes and it will thin out and be much easier to apply.

Genius, thank you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 babz

Adiboo wrote: »
    Have you been covering it in cling film?

For the first 3 days yes, it's what the artist told me to do but a lot of people are saying it should only be wrapped in cling film right after getting it and then removed. I'd say that's what has caused the rash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

babz wrote: »
    For the first 3 days yes, it's what the artist told me to do but a lot of people are saying it should only be wrapped in cling film right after getting it and then removed. I'd say that's what has caused the rash.

That's more than likely what caused the rash. 3 hours of film is fine, then forget about it.

You could try Johnson's Baby Lotion. Much thinner than Bepanthen, but needs more frequent applications.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I was getting a heat rash type reaction 6 months after I got my tattoo.

It healed perfectly.

I found that after the initial week of healing Bepanthen made it worse.

Advertisement