Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

OTB 4.0 - Banter rebooted!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Tattooist sent me a text at 8am to cancel...he has tonsilitis!!?? Gutted!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

So its World Cup time!!!! :D
    Not the biggest football fan have to say but i do enjoy the world cup! :)
    And i have next week off!!!!! :cool: pure fluke too haha

However i am predicting weeks upon weeks of this:

Us rugby guys will never understand :pac::p;):rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Won't lie as a football fan the diving is the one element I fcuking hate about it drives me nuts think there should be bans dished out, that said I've never warmed to rugby I've tried going to games etc but bores me to death find the atmosphere horrendous :o.

Plus all the recent fair weather fans drive me mad if I was a life long rugby fan I'm sure it would grate.

Missing the opening match in work tonight :( will be watching on my phone, football fan or not most enjoy the spectacle of the whole thing.

In other news herself is now 32 weeks pregnant :eek: jasus time flies. Can't wait :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Won't lie as a football fan the diving is the one element I fcuking hate about it drives me nuts think there should be bans dished out, that said I've never warmed to rugby I've tried going to games etc but bores me to death find the atmosphere horrendous :o.

Plus all the recent fair weather fans drive me mad if I was a life long rugby fan I'm sure it would grate.

Missing the opening match in work tonight :( will be watching on my phone, football fan or not most enjoy the spectacle of the whole thing.

In other news herself is now 32 weeks pregnant :eek: jasus time flies. Can't wait :).

Listening to fairweather fans talking at matches, who haven't a clue what they're talking about, is quite funny.

Wow, didn't realise she was that far gone! Not long left now :) is her back any better?

Listening to fairweather fans talking at matches, who haven't a clue what they're talking about, is quite funny.

Wow, didn't realise she was that far gone! Not long left now :) is her back any better?

I'd imagine so, get the same in football with a lot of United fans no dig at United they just accumulated a lot of fair weather fans over they years and you know after two minutes of talking to them they couldn't even name half the players on the squad.

Yea not long left at all she is dying to finish up work, back is still bad comes and goes just has to be very careful with it really and not push it other than that she's had what could be described as a perfect pregnancy no getting sick or anything, thrid trimester she is feeling the pinch a bit tiredness and shortness of breath at times but ok.

Going to be surreal I reckon :o.

• Advertisement

I'd imagine so, get the same in football with a lot of United fans no dig at United they just accumulated a lot of fair weather fans over they years and you know after two minutes of talking to them they couldn't even name half the players on the squad.

Yea not long left at all she is dying to finish up work, back is still bad comes and goes just has to be very careful with it really and not push it other than that she's had what could be described as a perfect pregnancy no getting sick or anything, thrid trimester she is feeling the pinch a bit tiredness and shortness of breath at times but ok.

Going to be surreal I reckon :o.

I know people who watch rugby purely to drool over one player. :pac:

Jesus, lucky woman. The back pain is obviously a bad thing, but it sounds as though she's had it easier than a lot of women.

You gonna be in the delivery room? Tenner says you faint :pac:

I know people who watch rugby purely to drool over one player. :pac:

Jesus, lucky woman. The back pain is obviously a bad thing, but it sounds as though she's had it easier than a lot of women.

You gonna be in the delivery room? Tenner says you faint :pac:

Leo Cullen is it?

Yea back pain has been bad has had to keep going the physio troughout but most women hate the sickness.

:pac: yea ill be in the delivery room and I bet ya I wont faint :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

World cup eh?
    tumblr_lq6fsbWspA1r1rhh2o1_500.gif

Leo Cullen is it?

Yea back pain has been bad has had to keep going the physio troughout but most women hate the sickness.

:pac: Leo is a minger. Nah, Jimmy Gopperth. Good looking man, but I wouldn't fawn over a rugby team because of him.

Tbh back pain has to be better than vomiting. Regular physio is a pain in the arse (or back) though. Ah sure, nearly over :)

:pac: i expect to know the truth after you faint!

:pac: Leo is a minger. Nah, Jimmy Gopperth. Good looking man, but I wouldn't fawn over a rugby team because of him.

Tbh back pain has to be better than vomiting. Regular physio is a pain in the arse (or back) though. Ah sure, nearly over :)

:pac: i expect to know the truth after you faint!

I'll just nod and smile I have no idea who Jimmy Gopperth is.

Don't worry I have no shame if I faint I will let it be known :).

• Advertisement

I'll just nod and smile I have no idea who Jimmy Gopperth is.

Don't worry I have no shame if I faint I will let it be known :).

He plays at number 10 sometimes. Either him or a guy called Ian Madigan. :)

:pac: You'll be too delighted with your gorgeous baby to care enough to have any shame :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Keep your eyes north of the waist and you should be fine... :pac:

Keep your eyes north of the waist and you should be fine... :pac:

:pac: that's the plan and I have informed her of this too, for both our sakes I don't want to be seeing that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Ah lads, I can count on one hand the number of fella's I've heard of fainting at the birth of their kids. You'll be fine Marty :) It's actually mad, himself would be squeamish and he cannot stand needles and said he'd leave the room etc if I was getting an epidural but each time he stood there holding me while I got it done and not a bother on him. Just do what she tells you, and don't question it because she could want something (say you rubbing her back) one minute and then hate it the next!

January wrote: »
    Ah lads, I can count on one hand the number of fella's I've heard of fainting at the birth of their kids. You'll be fine Marty :) It's actually mad, himself would be squeamish and he cannot stand needles and said he'd leave the room etc if I was getting an epidural but each time he stood there holding me while I got it done and not a bother on him. Just do what she tells you, and don't question it because she could want something (say you rubbing her back) one minute and then hate it the next!

That's exactly the plan just be there and do what I'm told, was talking to an old friend the other day who just had a kid and he said he didnt know what to be doing just kept asking her if she was ok, and she reckons she was fit to kill him after a while.

My plan just be there shut up and do what I'm told, because as a man not much ya can do and I'd say ya do feel a bit helpless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭dinorebel

:) is her back any better?
    I'd imagine so, :o.
    This is how I read it:D

dinorebel wrote: »
    This is how I read it:D

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Thought you guys might appreciate seeing this. A tattoo artist helps women with breast cancer /cancer survivors reclaim their bodies following surgery. It's quite feel good and positive. Somewhat NSFW due to breasts, though.

How're you all this fine evening?
    I'm melting from the heat! About go pop on a face mask and get into my jammies with a nice cold beer. I'll be going to Dublin Zoo on Monday so expect photo spam if my damn camera works. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Working in catering can be hell sometimes but if you have a good shift you're ****ing buzzing after it. I didn't even notice I never took a break 'til someone told me.

Still not sure if they'll take me on after this or not but had a few people tell me I was doing well and 'on it' tonight and one of the managers (who if I get this I'll be taking over for when he leaves in September) said he was quite impressed with how quickly I seemed to have adapted to the job so that's got be a good sign?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Sounds like a good sign alright KB! :)

I'm finally flying the nest this weekend! Moving into Limerick near work. It's a house share but only sharing with one other woman. She seems really sound and laid back, and the house is gorgeous! Also I'm allowed to bring my pet rabbits :D

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Awesome that you get to keep the bunnies! I'll be moving soon-ish too and I'm worried about bringing my bunny with me. He hates moving house :o (nearly as much as I do!).

jenizzle wrote: »
    Awesome that you get to keep the bunnies! I'll be moving soon-ish too and I'm worried about bringing my bunny with me. He hates moving house :o (nearly as much as I do!).

I can imagine they'll be a bit upset alright! I need to sort out a new hutch for them first though, cause the current one has seen better days. My dad has kindly agreed to look after them until I'm ready to move them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

So after seeing raze's suspension pictures I got the idea into my head of doing a suspension to raise money for Crumlin children's hospital and heart children Ireland... I haven't looked into it in much detail yet but we'll see...

I've always loved the thought of doing a suspension but am such a chicken and would like to do something other than the usual sky dive or head shave etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Tattoo Day!!!!! Woohoo!! Sitting here in Allstar while Paul draws it up for me!!!

Nice way to start 9 days off work :D

Out for a few drinks for my sister's leaving do last night. Didn't get drunk, but my god, I'm tired in work now.

Back out tonight for my other sister's birthday. This will be interesting. Going to some dump of a club that I can't stand. But, guest list, so free entry, and a free bottle of 'champagne' (fizzy wine I'd imagine).

All moved in, mostly unpacked. Am wrecked now! Definitely ordering pizza tonight :D

Just home from work. Absolutely fcuking exhausted. Have to go out to some club for my sister's birthday, and I REALLY don't want to. I just want to get dinner and sleep.

Definately want to get my nipple pierced and have been scouring the webs for aftercare information. Salt baths seem to be the order of the day so that shouldn't be difficult. I'm just baulking at the potential pain. :/
    It's €40 in Swords Ink and they do regular half-price offers from time to time. Been chatting to Wayne and he says he can apply some Amythl Chlorite (sp) to the nipple to take the worst of the pain out of the piercing. I'm a total wimp- dreading this moreso than the pain of getting a tat!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,577 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

McChubbin wrote: »
    Definately want to get my nipple pierced and have been scouring the webs for aftercare information. Salt baths seem to be the order of the day so that shouldn't be difficult. I'm just baulking at the potential pain. :/
    It's €40 in Swords Ink and they do regular half-price offers from time to time. Been chatting to Wayne and he says he can apply some Amythl Chlorite (sp) to the nipple to take the worst of the pain out of the piercing. I'm a total wimp- dreading this moreso than the pain of getting a tat!

Youll be grand.Nipple is easy to be honest.

• Advertisement

I'll take your word for it. Going to go down to Swords Ink during the week and have a chat with their piercer for more info.
    Nervous and excited! :D

Advertisement