Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Golf Society - Outings 2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

shane 007 wrote: »
    That's all booked for 11.10am. I did as Stevie said & phoned. No need for credit card details & only had to give them my name.
    Bank balanced untouched, always a good thing!

enjoy lads, don't dig it up to much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭paulos53

shane 007 wrote: »
    So ballyk, paulos53 & recycled & myself.

I can book when I get home later this evening. I can pay for everyone on my credit card if it suits.
    Can everyone PM me names & handicaps if required?
    What time suits everyone?

Having seen the latest reports in the "How did you score in your last round" thread, the sooner this game comes around the better. I just hope we haven't all peaked too soon. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Any list of GOTY standings points ? :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Rikand wrote: »
    Any list of GOTY standings points ? :D

there is indeed my good man..............who'll be off 1.5 for Portumna!!

Well lads, the race to Mount Juliet has well and truly started with Reganovski taking the early lead & scrubber and rikand completing the top 3. In what turned out to be a very tight scoring event there is a lot of us out there regretting that missed putt or that wayward chip and the loss of valuable GOTY points.

Onwards towards Portumna in a weeks time and a few lads who missed the first event now playing its looking like the leaderboard will get another shakeup!

You'll all notice that we have revised the GOTY points to tighten it up a small bit. This way means that it rewards consistent good play throughout the year. Game on.

I like the points revision. That should make Ben a bit more catch-able by more people going into the last event this year :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭shane 007

I think I prefer the list from Esker. I had a 2 against my name :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

I like the points revision. That should make Ben a bit more catch-able by more people going into the last event this year :D

To be fair, last year was totally based on the Fedex system without the bonus points at the end of the year. Also we have about 40 events less than the PGA Tour:D

I think the tweaking this year will mean that both the GOTY and Ryder Jug will go right down to the wire.........who knows we might even get television money:P

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

I won't be even close to the top this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Sorry for the delay in posting these lads, had a few loose ends to tie up before I wanted to post anything.

So without further delay, the courses for this year..................

Esker Hills 22nd February @ 10:00am
    Portumna GC 22nd March @ 12:23pm
    Carlow GC 12th April @ 12:30pm
    Ballykisteen GC 24th May @ 12:00pm
    Dunmurry Springs 21st June @ 10:30am
    Gowran Park 19th July @10:00 (to accommodate all the Garth Brooks fans!!)
    Roscrea GC 23rd August @ 10:00am

Captains day is 90% sorted in a marquee club, we're just waiting on final confirmation and to pay the deposit before making the announcement. It WILL be worth the wait though!!

Good spread of courses with value / travel times taken into account.

Lets see ye out there!!

Get earning the brownie points for Carlow lads ;) only around the corner.

(Hope you don't mind Charlie)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

And I'm not going to be able to make this. I'll hopefully make at least one this year!

• Advertisement

Updated GOTY points table after portumna ?

want to see how much ground i lost, lol

Updated GOTY points table after portumna ?

want to see how much ground i lost, lol

snap.... :(

Patient lot!!

Here you go lads...........

Scrubber has raced into an early lead with Macker1's win elevating him to second place. Golfgraffix has also shown that a top 3 finish was good enough to bring him right into the early contention and 3rd place.

I really really need to get the finger out!!!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Top of the table. Now before i gloat and get a temp ban i won't be making Carlow so i should plummet down the table. Probably only make ballykisteen and roscrea too. My wedding anniversary is on the weekend of captains but the missus reckons we can make a weekend of it. So hopefully make ryder jug team. Now back to the gloating........

• Registered Users Posts: 20,740 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Jaysus - this is going to be hard to make team.

Stevieob , myself and Tigerwood had a tough battle last year. Going to be even harder this year.

Going to miss a few this year - so need a top 3 a least at some stage. Cool that it looks like there will be 20 + lads in mix for team.

Rikand - what yo doing hanging around with us mid table lads ;)

Top 10 is all I need and off my handicap, that's all I'm aiming for :D

Surprised I stayed inside top 10 after last Sat.

Looks like I won't be making Dunmurray Springs again this year as plans are afoot to be heading to Cork for the Irish Open

stevieob wrote: »
    Looks like I won't be making Dunmurray Springs again this year as plans are afoot to be heading to Cork for the Irish Open

You are more than welcome in the "Real Capital", planning on going the Thurs and Fri myself but have a wedding on the Sat so that rules out both Dunmurry and the Irish Open.....

ssbob wrote: »
    You are more than welcome in the "Real Capital", planning on going the Thurs and Fri myself but have a wedding on the Sat so that rules out both Dunmurry and the Irish Open.....

sure we will just have to make up the Ryder jug points in other events.... might see you in Fota so :)

hey, sorry if this is in wrong place but out of interest how do i sign up for this society

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

ronnoco13 wrote: »
    hey, sorry if this is in wrong place but out of interest how do i sign up for this society

Just send CharlieIRL a PM with your details, phone number and email address and he will set you up on Teamer (sends notifications out about the events)

There's a €30 annual joining fee or if you can only make a few events then you have to pay a fiver (I think) on top of the green fee for each event and you'll be considered a "visitor". Visitors cant claim any of the prizes.

PARlance wrote: »
    Visitors cant claim any of the prizes.

There is a visitors prize though, isnt there ?

There is a visitors prize though, isnt there ?

Depends on numbers. No guests present in Portumna!

Hey lads / ladies,
    I was just checking numbers there on Teamer for Saturday and checked the attendances from all the events since we started. I have 36 names here that have not replied to notifications or declined the notifications for the last 8 or more events. We've 86 names on the list in total so if anyone who hasn't attended the last while or hasn't replied and wish to attend future events please let me know ASAP as I'll be doing a cull on the list this week.

Cause I had nothing better to do, and now I have to review and rank courses, I did a list of what I have played. Thought it might of been about 50, but actually my list of Irish golf courses played curently stands at 99.

This means, unless I play a new one between now and the Gowran outing, it will be no 100 on my list, that's 1 quarter of all the golf courses in Ireland :) roll on the next 100 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭ballyk

That's impressive stevieob. I think I'm at about 80-90. Given you thought you had only played 50 there must have been a fair few forgettable ones in there :D

ballyk wrote: »
    That's impressive stevieob. I think I'm at about 80-90. Given you thought you had only played 50 there must have been a fair few forgettable ones in there :D

yea, played some dump down on the border of Tipp & Limerick last year, had forgotten about that one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭ballyk

stevieob wrote: »
    yea, played some dump down on the border of Tipp & Limerick last year, had forgotten about that one :)

Were you planning on playing the next boards outing?.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Just been told we have a nieces communion on the 24th of May. Gutted as I really enjoyed Ballykisteen 2 years ago out with the society. How the hell am I ment to get into the top 10 for the Ryder Jug this year?

• Advertisement

Ben1977 wrote: »
    Just been told we have a nieces communion on the 24th of May. Gutted as I really enjoyed Ballykisteen 2 years ago out with the society. How the hell am I ment to get into the top 10 for the Ryder Jug this year?

just win the rest.... you know you can do it :)

Advertisement