Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32 gr 6 cartridge review

• 04-05-2012 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭

been using winchester universal 32gr 6s for crows for the last while have to say i find them great, planning on using them for pigeons come JUNE, been getting them for six euro a box im in the southeast and just wondering if anyone knows somewhere to get them cheaper and what do ye think of them like a catridge review what do you think is the best 32 gr 6 or your best pigeon cartridge best price and where you get them idealy id like to use rc sipe but they are to expensive for pigeons me thinks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭rabbit assassin

snipe02 wrote: »
    been using winchester universal 32gr 6s for crows for the last while have to say i find them great, planning on using them for pigeons come JUNE, been getting them for six euro a box im in the southeast and just wondering if anyone knows somewhere to get them cheaper and what do ye think of them like a catridge review what do you think is the best 32 gr 6 or your best pigeon cartridge best price and where you get them idealy id like to use rc sipe but they are to expensive for pigeons me thinks

€6 a box :eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Where ???????????? I highly doubt youll find anywhere cheaper than €6 a box ! Id love to try some out where did you pick them up?

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Longranger

+1
    That's a hell of a bargain.
    I wouldn't mind a case at that price:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭snipe02

ive been getting them from ger smith in kilkenny 24 euro for 4 boxes 7 euro for single boxes

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Farmlife

Would be great if there was a thread of good offers on ammo from different dealers, know courtlough do 1000 ely clay rounds for 180, but with the season coming in it might be worth while stocking up on some game rounds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭EPointer=Birdss

Have you contact info for the chap in Kilkenny? Are they WC also?

• Advertisement

not at the min ill post his number up here tomorrow .

i dont get the wc question

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Mr.Woodcock

Does anyone no where you can get Winchester cartridges, in the Meath/Louth/north Dublin area? Many people use Remington cartridges? Was using 34g 8's for woodcock, where fantastic, but bit pricey at 11e a box!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Invincible

087 9508634 as available on another forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Bamanlou

try Ger smith , beside o'loughlin gaels handball club on the hebron road , 087 9508634.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Rc sipe 32g 6 are my fav cartrige, €9 a box so not too bad

• Advertisement

Rc sipe 32g 6 are my fav cartrige, €9 a box so not too bad
    think they are only 7.50 in redmills goresbridge 15 euro saving on a slab

€9 is for a single box which is all i tend to buy for the shottie unless im goin shootin clays, reckon i could get them cheaper if i bought a slab but that sounds like a great price! Didnt mind anyway because i got 60 winchester 55gr softpoints for €45!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭EPointer=Birdss

snipe02 wrote: »
    not at the min ill post his number up here tomorrow .

i dont get the wc question

Winchester

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

What type of winchester cartridges are they? Are they the ones with the long brass part on the cas?

pugw wrote: »
    What type of winchester cartridges are they? Are they the ones with the long brass part on the cas?
    they are winchester universal short brass its actually a silver colour there not the westerns but ive found them very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭rabbit assassin

Remember the red ones with long brass that came in boxes of 10 ?? Havent seen them in a long long time. Best cartridges I ever bought I reckon :)

Remember the red ones with long brass that came in boxes of 10 ?? Havent seen them in a long long time. Best cartridges I ever bought I reckon :)
    got a box from a farmer last year no. 4s, he had em years

http://www.semperfisupply.com/main/winchester36.jpg

Winchester Superspeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭lb1981

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

I use eley supergame 32g six last year on phessies and found them good.
    USed them on a few crows too.

I'm going to try and get a 32g 7 for next season to give more of a spread for the first shot.

32g 7 32g 6 and if it comes to it 34g 5 is what i hope to be using next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

I nkow there was a thread on them a while back, but what is the deal can they be got anymore, havent used them for years i remember they were good but tricky to get into the belt though!

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭ferrete

I use 32g 7s (velox) I think brilliant but use 36 r 38g 5 r 4 for ducks

ferrete wrote: »
    I use 32g 7s (velox) I think brilliant but use 36 r 38g 5 r 4 for ducks
    Are they not a bit overkill? I find 34g 5 more than enough

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭rsole1

Remington shureshot 32gm 7's at 3 cartons (750) €90. No it's no joke that's the sort of deal you'll get at Scully's Athlone. Wednesday or Thursday is best as the fella on those days is keen to deal. The only reason I'm telling you is I don't want / need anymore.

Fairly sure the place is closing down - even though they deny it - but why would you sell for lees than you're buying it in?

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭richiedel123

rsole1 wrote: »
    Remington shureshot 32gm 7's at 3 cartons (750) €90. No it's no joke that's the sort of deal you'll get at Scully's Athlone. Wednesday or Thursday is best as the fella on those days is keen to deal. The only reason I'm telling you is I don't want / need anymore.

Fairly sure the place is closing down - even though they deny it - but why would you sell for lees than you're buying it in?
    Was it lately you bought these? I was there last week looking for bullets and never taught about asking about shells

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭terminator2

Remmington 32g no6 best cartridge.......fact:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Gamebore or Sipe 32g 6's for all my shotgun shooting. They're grand for pigeons, pheasant, rabbit, crows etc etc. I don't really bother with any heavier stuff unless it's on the off chance of encountering a fox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭steyrman2

hi winchester western was the shells the were some of the best ever for bird shooting

steyrman2 wrote: »

hi winchester western was the shells the were some of the best ever for bird shooting

No, they weren't,he said the ones with the long brass,which were Superspeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Hunter21

Only use B&P shells, I think there the cream of the crop :)

Advertisement