Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Gonna have a nice day ! I have to work at two but meh!!

Thinking to raise some extra cash I'm going to have to sell some of my stuff. I hopefully will get stuff cleared out of my wardrobe as well as pay towards my new phone!!

I know my boyfriend is giving me something towards it instead of a valentines day. :)

Have a nice day ladies, hoping the tit fairy comes to you all! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I heard my granny singing this last night for the first time and I just thought the chorus was so lovely. It's funny how she can remember a song from 1934 and yet most of the time can't remember that her children are her children or where things are in her own house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

bluewolf wrote: »
    i was a teen with my grandparents so i dont remember :)

just make him a card or something :confused:

these muffins are in the oven
    hope they are nice

Just bought him a couple of t-shirts on hairybaby, he loves the Irish ones :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,339 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Dara O'Briain was brillant last night!!!

I'm feeling a bit nervous as I have a pre-test later. I wish I had my own car so that I could get more practice in and not wait for lessons. Dreading reversing around a corner as I haven't done it in months and I am not confident when it comes to parking between cars!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Dara O'Briain was brillant last night!!!

I'm feeling a bit nervous as I have a pre-test later. I wish I had my own car so that I could get more practice in and not wait for lessons. Dreading reversing around a corner as I haven't done it in months and I am not confident when it comes to parking between cars!

after a few lessons i was told to get a car for progress
    you can pass without one though good luck

i dont think the muffins turned out right and they sank a bit but they tasted nice

im thoroughly sick of the choc nut flavour though, id prefer plain choc or strawberry now
    i'll see what deals they have on

oil is arriving on monday :rolleyes:
    fire is on and back boiler is on so maybe hot water later :rolleyes:
    im so broke, i couldnt afford that oil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Morning, or should I say good afternoon! :o

Was able to roll over in bed this morning, great feeling!! Heading to Cork in a while to go dress shopping - have one for the ball on Wednesday, but not too sure is it dressy enough for it, so gonna go and have a look, but if I don't get one, I'll be happy enough wearing that one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

I'm not really an animal person but babies make me squeeeeeee. even though I see and work with them every day :o

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I was very small too until about 18/19, now I'm average sized at 34B/C (depends on the brand of bra). Strangely, with pregnancy, my boobs have not changed AT ALL (I'm still wearing the same bras I wore before). I was hoping the titfairy would have paid me a wee visit but unfortunately not! :)

Same here - still wearing the pre-pregnancy bras since Titfairy passed by this house.:( I'm looking at em wondering if my kid is gonna starve.

But on the plus side, my ribs are sore cos I'm running out of tummy space and I think they are stretching or something so being able to go braless for the evening is pure bliss.

According to babyapp, I'm 27 weeks today and baby is approx 2lbs and size of a cauliflour! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Neyite wrote: »
    According to babyapp, I'm 27 weeks today and baby is approx 2lbs and size of a cauliflour! :D

Awwwwhhh that is so CUTE!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Truley wrote: »
    I'm not really an animal person but babies make me squeeeeeee. even though I see and work with them every day :o

Oh my God I love that clip, so nice to see babies playing on the ground and with animals and not instantly dying from infections/diseases as Western society would like for us to believe. Love the guy blowing dust in his own face mid tantrum.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

bluewolf wrote: »
    i've been to stockholm and it was lovely but i would pick oslo or vienna
    Thanks for this, was Stockholm expensive?

Will say it to the boy and see what he thinks. He'd love to go Skiing, but it is damn expensive.
    Haha Ivy, the tit fairy.... Love it:D
    +1.

I'm a 30B, fricking tiny, though I'm used to it now, kinda had to get used to it :pac: I don't mind though, I like not having massive boobs though I wouldn't mind being a wee bit bigger than I am now.

My parents went to Stockholm and I know that they found it quite expensive

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Husband is shouting angrily at the telly. Raised voices give me the willies, still can't get used to the football red-mist! I keep hopping out of my skin here.

*searches for earphones*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Husband is shouting angrily at the telly. Raised voices give me the willies, still can't get used to the football red-mist! I keep hopping out of my skin here.

*searches for earphones*

Tell him to stop shouting!

Tell him to stop shouting!

Nah, I love that he cares so much about it. I just come from a house where shouting meant that someone was going to get a lash and I still flinch.

Seriously, even if I hear people on the telly shouting I flinch.

Off to the bf's now.. Might be back on. But if not, have a good weekend loungers and I'll catch up soon. :D xx

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

Das Kitty wrote: »

*searches for earphones*
    I also hate raised voices.....I always feel like running to a cupboard and hiding. Think it comes from hating confrontation or something, but whatever, it gets me every time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Woke up this morning feeling lovely and alert and at ease with life. So nice to know I don't have any more public transport this week...
    Work is quiet, but nice, able to chat properly (and catch up on boards...), and I had such a nice lunch with my collegebestie... No word from boybestie, kinda confused there... May have accidentally asked another guy to go for a coffee date on Tuesday and he said yes, then I realised it was Valentines day...should be interesting!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I'm wondering if I'll ever have the guts to tell him how I feel before he leaves. Thing is, he isn't leaving until January (and maybe not even until next June if he decides to push it back further, which he is seriously considering so he can travel a bit) but once college is over he's going travelling so I basically have until April/May.
    But I know pretty much for a fact that he isn't interested in me in that way and it's hopeless. And yet I still want him to know, just in case. And there's something weird about this whole thing, I just want to tell him how fantastic he is even if it's pointless in a sense, because he deserves to hear it and I'd love to have the experience of telling him. Gah, I'm not explaining this well. It makes slightly more sense in my head.

Really wish I could hug him right now, too. Feeling crampy and generally miserable, tomorrow-Tuesday or so will be hell. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Boyfriend has gone to Tesco for me 4 times today. He's the bestest unpaid assistant ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

:D Fruit scones! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Feel so worn outttt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Just made a bit of a balls of my failsafe biscuits and I keep dropping/losing things...think I might need to step out of the kitchen before I stab someone in the eye with a very sharp knife.

I like trains. :D Tell you what I don't like? Fare increases and the ignorant pr**k that works in the booking office. :rolleyes:

Happy that United won! :D Majorly dislike Suarez though. :mad:

Watching Fringe, it's hurting my heart. Great episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

I never got into Fringe. Sounds like there are a few fans on here. Must check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Not a man in sight :o

rainbow kirby
    bluewolf
    rebel_girl_15
    Ickle Magoo
    Acoshla
    almostnever
    Lola92
    CathyMoran
    Chinafoot
    Novella
    Dolorus

http://www.boards.ie/love.php

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭rainshowers82

tomissex wrote: »
    Morning everyone!

My brother is 21 today, so weird!! Really looking forward to the festivities and giving him his present!

There's a new Primark opening in Madrid and I'm thinking about applying to go and help set it up. It'd mean being over there for 6 weeks but I love Madrid and I'd love a chance like this to use my Spanish. The boy was a bit weird when I first mentioned it but I think he's on board now :)

Great idea - And great experience !!!

Spent wayyyy too much today ... Penneys is my achilles(sp ?!) heel :P Bought loads of tshirts and jeans and shoes and scarfs ... i LOVE scarfs !!!

Going to have lunch and then pretty myself up for a party later :D Going to see a house Monday .. rent soo cheap near my family hope its nice!!

I'm going to sound like a shill but they completely deserve it. Just got out of my massage by Elaine Doran at the Blue Heron Clinic in Galway and it was amazing. Completely recommend them/her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Ooooh I did this too and funnily it came up with a list of posters whose posts Im very fond of and would love to meet. Hahaha sounds like Im writing a lonely hearts ad

Ickle Magoo
    Miss Fluff
    bluewolf
    Acoshla
    Neyite
    pixiebean22
    sunflower27
    Das Kitty
    Lola92
    MissFlitworth
    Jane_LS_88

• Advertisement