Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Waterford City Restaurants (2010 - Present)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

73Cat wrote: »
    If anyone is looking for an Indian, I can highly recommend Blue Mango opposite the Peoples Park. Lovely food and staff, and little one friendly..:)

Their takeaways are lovely anyway

madfcuker wrote: »
    It's called The Olive Tree Tapas & Wine Bar.

The guy opening this place will do a super job, cant wait to get in there and sample everything

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

KevIRL wrote: »
    The guy opening this place will do a super job, cant wait to get in there and sample everything

I'll be going in showing my support to Trev. He will do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I would never go back to No 9 Cafe again. The staff were friendly enough, albeit a bit much in numbers, its the very limited menu that puts me off. Now I have a simple enough appetite and I dont think its unreasonable to want a sandwich for lunch. After all, that is what a huge majority of people who grab lunch want to eat. But No. 9 dont do sandwiches, in fact your only sandwich option is a melted ham and cheese ciabatta which was average at best. Very disappointed that the former Brunch (which also had a poor sandwich range) havent improved on this.

To add to the above, their chips are little needles which make McDonalds chips look like wedges, the food is overpriced (they have Gourmet Burgers on for a lunch menu at 14euro!) and the menu is too limited for the lunch time crowd. Maybe people have become more sophisticated with their tastes in recent years but if im having lunch, I want options for rolls, paninis, sandwiches and in Waterford Blaas. No. 9 have NONE of these, and too many staff running around looking confused. Would not recommend at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Who is opening it?

• Advertisement

tonc76 wrote: »
    Who is opening it?

Trev Prendergast

• Registered Users Posts: 23 muffino

Ate in Greene's this evening. Lovely food, a bit slow on service and our knives and forks were forgotten for the main course, luckily it was burgers and chips we went for but they were quick to get them to us when we asked, now in fairness they were very busy, but the presentation and quality of the food made up for it. Great value too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

madfcuker wrote: »
    It's called The Olive Tree Tapas & Wine Bar.

This is an ideal location for something like this and if the guy knows what he is doing, it will do well. That area has massive potential and when the Reg re-opens it's going to be a busy spot. Hope it's going to be an price friendly place - some of these so called tapas/wine bars are ridiculously overpriced for what they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭rohe

Just wondering has anyone tried the new Thai restaurant on the quay?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭poppies2

rohe wrote: »

Hi, I know someone who was there on the opening night and they thought it was fab, said the food was really good.

Have been to Kafe Karma a few times recently and can say the food is just delicious and super value. You can bring your own wine too for €4 corkage fee.

Has anyone any recent reports of Greenes and/or Morzio Singapore restaurants?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jennygirl

poppies2 wrote: »

Has anyone any recent reports of Greenes and/or Morzio Singapore restaurants?

i love greens --- food is a bit left of centre - good veggie stuff, now serving beer, cocktails and wine - lovely rib steak there last week --- but they insist on serving everything on boards - dosent really work with sauces! overall excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Where is Greene's?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Where the old Cafe Lucia/Poppy's was.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

rohe wrote: »
    poppies2 wrote: »
    Hi, I know someone who was there on the opening night and they thought it was fab, said the food was really good.

I'm looking to try out this new Thai place. What's it called? Anyone got a link to their website or contact details?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

fricatus wrote: »
    I'm looking to try out this new Thai place. What's it called? Anyone got a link to their website or contact details?

Its called Chiang Mai and i dont think they have a website but are on facebook and just eat heres their fb page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chiang-Mai-Thai-Cuisine/200025136843833?ref=br_tf

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

I went to the Kashmir Tandoori on High Street the other night. €9.95 for an early bird. Until seven. Fantastic food, and the place was packed. Staff were really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Fancied some Thai last night. Would normally go with Sabai, but thought we'd try Chiang Mai and see what it's like.
    The only number I could find online turned out to be the one to Treacy's hotel. The receptionist transferred the call for me, but there was no answer. Eventually got answered by a different receptionist who took my number and said the restaurant would ring me back.
    I'm still waiting for it!

I would have thought that a new business would be trying to get as much new customers as they can?
    Has anyone eaten there yet? What's it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

I didn't realise the new Thai place was part of Treacys. It's probably the same owners as the Thai restaurant in their Enniscorthy hotel which I've eaten in twice and thought the food was decent but overpriced for the portion sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Fancied some Thai last night. Would normally go with Sabai, but thought we'd try Chiang Mai and see what it's like.
    The only number I could find online turned out to be the one to Treacy's hotel. The receptionist transferred the call for me, but there was no answer. Eventually got answered by a different receptionist who took my number and said the restaurant would ring me back.
    I'm still waiting for it!

I would have thought that a new business would be trying to get as much new customers as they can?
    Has anyone eaten there yet? What's it like?

I heard a couple of horror stories about the customer service there over the weekend so it's interesting to read what you just posted. Not the best way for a new business to get off the ground!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I heard a couple of horror stories about the customer service there over the weekend so it's interesting to read what you just posted. Not the best way for a new business to get off the ground!
    What's kinda interesting is that I was talking to a friend since I posted, who was eating in there at the time when I tried ringing. He said that there was about 6 people in there, so it wasn't like they were too busy.
    He did say the food was nice though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

i wonder is it the same thai place that's in treacy's enniscorthy, which is delish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Deise67

nice grub ! but not cheap either , is it better than sabai well my perference would be sabai but hey that's me ! worth try !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Chiang Mai has a deal on diningroom.ie today for anyone who wants to try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

any news on opening of olive tree or olive garden (whatever its called) , The Mall????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

sillysocks wrote: »
    Chiang Mai has a deal on diningroom.ie today for anyone who wants to try it out.

One of the horror stories I was told concerned them dealing with people with vouchers. They were trying to charge supplements for almost everything, despite this not being mentioned anywhere on the vouchers.

Hopefully they have this one worded correctly.

Max Powers wrote: »
    any news on opening of olive tree or olive garden (whatever its called) , The Mall????

Early to mid November

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kilkennygirl

Had tea and tosat in No 9 yesterday. €4.50. way overpriced. Give me Debenhams any day

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

Had tea and tosat in No 9 yesterday. €4.50. way overpriced. Give me Debenhams any day

No. 9?

• Advertisement

Max Powers wrote: »
    Early to mid November

This opens today, hope it goes well for them. Very positive reviews from a friends and family pre-launch last night

Advertisement