Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

There was one who just said hello the other night, was tempted to reply back "Is it you I'm looking for?" but didn't.

:D Oh you should have! Maybe she was a big fan of Lionel and thought you might be too. Could be missing your chance!

• Administrators Posts: 53,127 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• There was one who just said hello the other night, was tempted to reply back "Is it you I'm looking for?" but didn't.

Haha. You really should have.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

awec wrote: »
    pof or okc?

pof... deleted the okc one!

• Advertisement

ack I would help but I don't have pof.

I think you can still view the profile from a link if you don't have an account.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,358 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Larianne wrote: »
    :D Oh you should have! Maybe she was a big fan of Lionel and thought you might be too. Could be missing your chance!
    Haha. You really should have.

Ah, the joke would of been lost on someone I wasnt interested in at all.

• I updated my headline on POF to "WYLD STALLYNS!", but alas nobody seems to have picked up on the reference.

I updated my headline on POF to "WYLD STALLYNS!", but alas nobody seems to have picked up on the reference.

hehe I just pasted into google, cos I didn't know either :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Do people, girls mainly I imagine, date more than one guy at the same time?
    I don't know how comfortable I'd be with that, either seeing more than one person at the same time or the person I'm dating doing it.

When I was dating I did, I don't see it as an issue. One of the guys I went on a date with was doing the same!

• As a child, it was my mission in life to be like Bill & Ted.

Pembily wrote: »
    When I was dating I did, I don't see it as an issue. One of the guys I went on a date with was doing the same!

One of my friends went on a date with a guy one Sat night, all good so far. they were texting on the Sun, then about half 7 he texts her Hey (insert another girl's name), sorry I'm running late for meeting you see you at 8... stung :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

missbelle wrote: »
    One of my friends went on a date with a guy one Sat night, all good so far. they were texting on the Sun, then about half 7 he texts her Hey (insert another girl's name), sorry I'm running late for meeting you see you at 8... stung :D

OUCH! Yeah it can be confusing!!! You have to be on the ball... I generally wouldn't tell other guys, but some assume and if the asked I would say it. The guy I was most recently seeing had no clue and didn't question as we didn't meet online!

I did it once, was meeting one guy on a Fri night for drinks, and a diff one Sat for lunch, was watching what I said during the dates :)
    Neither transpired to a 2nd date though :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

I know somone who is dating 3 girls at moment he has met online and being out ever week on date with each one for the past 3wks. He is texting them all at one, not sure how he hasn't slipped up yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

I'd get so confused doing that, I barely remember my own name never mind trying to remember multiple peoples!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

You should probably seek help about that. :pac:

Couldn't do it myself but just cause I'd feel bad about it.

Don't you start now :D

I wouldn't feel bad exactly, I just know I'd manage to mess it up brilliantly :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

any one want to review my profile with advice? be nice... :o

Yeah send me a link and I will have a look

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

any one want to review my profile with advice? be nice... :o

Ill offer if you want another opinion.

Yeah send me a link and I will have a look
    c - 13 wrote: »
    Ill offer if you want another opinion.

pm's sent -thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Profiles coming down :-P

oeb wrote: »

Spill..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Spill..

Not much to spill really. It's a girl I met offline. We have decided to give it a lash :-D

Aw thought it might have been an online success. But Yay for you. :)

Not much to spill really. It's a girl I met offline. We have decided to give it a lash :-D

get outta here with your offline success :p

nah, good stuff, best of luck ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Do people look at how others answer those questions? Defo couldn't be arsed doing that now.

I would spend a good deal of time reading through them to try and see if she would be worth messaging/the type that might want to message me back.

I'm not the type to spam off messages to girls with a nice pic and one line that says nothing about them. Would like to get an idea of the type of person first.
    Well I've been on match.com, POF & OKC one week now and it's a tad slow to put it mildly. I've gotten around 8 messages in total from the free sites, most with no photos and all very short like 'Hi, how are you?'. I've sent our around 60 messages over the 2 sites (haven't paid for match.com yet) but got very little response.

One thing that really gets under my skin is if a woman is even remotely attractive they will have a list of demands. Here is a rather mild example that I cut and pasted off POF:

This girl was okay looking, nothing really special, the type of girl that would be painfully bland in any other country yet she is online acting like she is gods gift to mankind. I really don't get it.

Has anyone else noticed the worrying trend of this sort of behaviour on these sites?

Yeah, mainly POF though , I stay away from that the women seem well not my type anyway. As someone else said , flicking through its profiles pics is like walking through coppers or barcode or something.

From what I can see so far with online dating over here at least is the ratio of men to women looks wise is much different compared to an offline settings. Ie there's far more decent looking guys online compared to women, the average looking women will have the pick of much better looking guys and guys will have aim for less attractive women to even get a response.

Its definitely unbalanced.

Whats match.com like anyway? Is it more like POF or OKC?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Well I've been on match.com, POF & OKC one week now and it's a tad slow to put it mildly. I've gotten around 8 messages in total from the free sites, most with no photos and all very short like 'Hi, how are you?'. I've sent our around 60 messages over the 2 sites (haven't paid for match.com yet) but got very little response.

One thing that really gets under my skin is if a woman is even remotely attractive they will have a list of demands. Here is a rather mild example that I cut and pasted off POF:

Bit of a closed book, kinda iffy on this online dating stuff but willing to give it a chance....
    P.s I WILL NOT REPLY IF U JUST WRITE HI HOW ARE U!!!! Some imagination pls people ;)
    ** may be coming across a bit high maintenance or up myself or whatever else..im just a straight talker, knows what i want kinda gal :) more ppl on this should try the same! lol

I enjoy...
    Randomness
    Lil adventures
    Cocktails
    Travelling
    Good films/music
    Eating out
    Fun chats with exciting people

I def know what I dont want ha so feel free to write if you're..
    Genuine
    Have a good sense of humour
    Spontaneous, romantic
    A bit old school
    Know how to look after yourself, i.e not too much of a Mammys boy!
    Basically not a weirdo haha

Definitely don't write if u...
    Are nice onscreen but a creep behind it...u know who u are! Lol
    Smoke
    Have a long history on this website
    Smell
    Get VIP tables in clubs to lure girls
    Lurk in the corner of Coppers

This girl was okay looking, nothing really special, the type of girl that would be painfully bland in any other country yet she is online acting like she is gods gift to mankind. I really don't get it.

Has anyone else noticed the worrying trend of this sort of behaviour on these sites?

If you don't like the sound of a girl simply don't contact her.

And stating that you want to meet someone 'Genuine' or a non smoker is hardly demanding!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

I close both of my POF and okcupid accounts over a week ago and probably won't set either one up again for a long while yet to come.
    That's horrible! She must have felt really gutted after that.:o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement