Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Beers,Saturday February 18th,Cassidys Westmoreland Street,All Welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Generally people start arriving between 8 and 9 Kev.For the last few myself or Drav have been the first ones there,as beacons to alcoholism one might say.

Cool. You shouldn't say that about yourself and Dravokivich though, sounds bad. If anyone asks just say ye go early to sample the quality of the drink, and get the fresh stuff drawn into the lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Kev.OC wrote: »
    Cool. You shouldn't say that about yourself and Dravokivich though, sounds bad.awesomely kind. If anyone asks just say ye go early to sample the quality of the drink, and get the fresh stuff drawn into the lines. make sure they're two pints ahead of everybody else at all times. To be more awesomer.

fyp
    :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Generally people start arriving between 8 and 9 Kev.For the last few myself or Drav have been the first ones there,as beacons to alcoholism one might say.

Cool. You shouldn't say that about yourself and Dravokivich though, sounds bad. If anyone asks just say ye go early to sample the quality of the drink, and get the fresh stuff drawn into the lines.

Generally its becuase most people me know i'm sound and just up to share a few laughs. New folks tend to arrive sporadically so could be kinda nerve wrecking when meeting strangers from the internet at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

Sauve wrote: »
    Galen can I've a lift? I'll wear me bleedin' hotpants wha :p

Fixed your post there.

G-Money wrote: »
    Galen can I've a lift? I'll wear me bleedin' hotpants wha :p

Fixed your post there.

Why'd you make me sound like a Dub?! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Larianne wrote: »
    Totally! Haven't had proper bants in ages on the bus. Oh, except at Christmas week when some American dude wanted a kiss.

Well... did you? :pac:
    What time is this shindig on at? I'm curious to know how much time I might have to kill before it.

And no, drinking isn't the answer to occupy me while I wait. I'm a lightweight. If I go to the pub early I'll be ready to go home by the time ye're arriving.

If you like you can PM me your phone number and we can show up together (holding hands optional), I won't be drinking at all so you will have no worries about getting into quickfire rounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

Galen can I've a lift? I'll wear me hotpants :p
    Why'd you make me sound like a Dub?! :mad:

It already did sound a wee bit that way :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

I went ice skating and split my chin open.... so I can safely say anything involving attaching something to my shoes for mobility isn't safe... even walking without tripping up is a bit of a challenge at the best of times :)

• Hmmmmmmm.

I might just attend this..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Hmmmmmmm.

At previous beers all the non-dubs booked into the same hostel as Tuddle and had a blast before and after the official beers, might be worth looking into and arranging again if ye can folks.

Word of warning just don't play Kings with Tuddle and her dodgy Donegal rules. She destroyed many a boardsie with it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

coco_lola wrote: »
    I went ice skating and split my chin open.... so I can safely say anything involving attaching something to my shoes for mobility isn't safe... even walking without tripping up is a bit of a challenge at the best of times :)

But, you can still sit at a bar right? ;)

• Maguined wrote: »
    Hmmmmmmm.

At previous beers all the non-dubs booked into the same hostel as Tuddle and had a blast before and after the official beers, might be worth looking into and arranging again if ye can folks.

Word of warning just don't play Kings with Tuddle and her dodgy Donegal rules. She destroyed many a boardsie with it.

Ah I met Tuddle when she came to the AH beer in Galway. No guarantees though, it all depends on my money situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

But, you can still sit at a bar right? ;)

It's what I'm best at! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Daisies wrote: »
    You better be there, haven't seen you in AGES!
    True that! Then again, I wasnt the one halfway around the world...or was I? :pac:
    bluewolf wrote: »
    any chance of a daquiri at this place
    that barman in the picture doesnt look too promising :pac::pac:
    Is it the creepy smile? It must be :p
    I think it just might be mandatory, young Frodo.
    Why do you think Otis is mod of this forum? Not for his wisdom and fair hand, surely? :pac:
    It is, mandatory at best, obliged at worst :pac:
    awec wrote: »
    New and vulnerable. :o
    Oh no...someone said vulnerable...not good:pac:
    ToniTuddle wrote: »
    I'll deal with you two on the night if I make it!! :mad::p
    Sweet! Looking forward to it ha!

Maguined wrote: »
    If you like you can PM me your phone number and we can show up together (holding hands optional), I won't be drinking at all so you will have no worries about getting into quickfire rounds.

Sounds good. Once I figure out how to PM people I'll get right on that. :o

In the mean time though, I think I'll get a few practice sessions in. That tolerance isn't going to raise itself. :D

In the mean time though, I think I'll get a few practice sessions in. That tolerance isn't going to raise itself. :D

That's the style ;)
    Click on a persons' username and the option to PM should appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Well... did you? :pac:

Not that particular time, no. :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Hmmmmmmm.

Another traveller from Galway!
    True that! Then again, I wasnt the one halfway around the world...or was I? :pac:

Ah don't hold that against me!:pac:

Slightly worried you might not make it out alive of the pub after these beers!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Tip: No practise session the night before! :P

• Advertisement

Slightly worried you might not make it out alive of the pub after these beers!
    Tip: No practise session the night before! :P

I'm not going to lie, I feel very popular with ye looking out for my well-being. :)

As long as I stay away from spirits I'll be grand. I don't know what these Beers are like, but I'll tell ye now, I am not doing shots!

I'm not going to lie, I feel very popular with ye looking out for my well-being. :)

As long as I stay away from spirits I'll be grand. I don't know what these Beers are like, but I'll tell ye now, I am not doing shots!

You're funny! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Jagerbomb isn't a shot...

Ha ha ha, good one. I'm sure on the night you will have an elastic elbow!
    Galvasean wrote: »

It's practically a health food shot, like wheatgrass but tastier

Mmmmmm jager benylin.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

It's practically a health food shot, like wheatgrass but tastier

E numbers means there's Vitamin E in them, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Okies,I reckon its a good shout,looks decent from their site

www.cassidysbar.ie

Its dead central and is within close distance to our usual end point and the scene of many a Drav rug cutting in Doyles.

Any objections just shout otherwise I will amend the thread title tomorrow.

where do ye normally end up?
    bluewolf wrote: »
    i love monopoly but nobody will ever play it

same here cos i kick they asses
    Hmmm...more than likely I'll be there for a few hours anyway, and probably sober...RAG week starts the night after :p I did promise Otis I'd be at the next beers though, gotta show my face!

Der de ler de ler de ler hai! (dont dare mock my translation of the above:p)

ah yes rag week :D
    I won two awards on Boards today and now Otis declares his love for me....this is just the best day EVER :cool::p

Have the gig the week before in Dublin so that's already alot of money between the bus down to dub, hostel, taxis to and from gig, bitta food in me belly too! :(

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut would have enough money in me account to book the hostel now and worry about the rest later...oooooohhhhh what to doooooooo

tuds my dear did you book into abigails again? i am booking hostel on tue - much the same as yerself book now worry later, and i wanna be in a hostel that a few others are in yakno
    If you come Ive a naggin of Morgans with your name on it.

for me too pls :D hug
    Ohhhh if I did land up we could have a repeat of my card game in the hostel. But promise not to let them drink as much this time round so there should be nobody getting sick or going home early :D

I'd need to recieve the nagin before the pub as it will need to be transferred into the appropriate "sneaky sneaky" containers. :pac:

more about these sneaky sneakys and sharzies
    The lot of ye will turn me into an alcoholic again :p

Hostel has been booked! \o/

whooop

someone splain this game to me. i do not know it :D

also peoples. firstly YAY i am most deffoly coming to this beers, can't wait to meet ye all. i shall be in dub already that day.

i am doing the operation transformation 5k in the phoenix park that morning and would love people to come support me :D more cheering = more likely to finish :o

You're funny! :pac:
    Galvasean wrote: »
    Ha ha ha, good one. I'm sure on the night you will have an elastic elbow!

Sorry folks, not going to happen. If I go on spirits, moderation goes out the window. I would have to be carried out of the place, literally. :o Also, I'd like to be able to drive home on Sunday.
    hdowney wrote: »
    someone splain this game to me. i do not know it :D

From what I've been told, you're better off. I played once, and it wasn't too bad, but it can get seriously messy.
    hdowney wrote: »
    am doing the operation transformation 5k in the phoenix park that morning and would love people to come support me :D more cheering = more likely to finish :o

Best of luck with the 5k! I'll be coming up from Clare, so I won't be there early enough to cheer you on. Hope you win! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Sorry folks, not going to happen. If I go on spirits, moderation goes out the window. I would have to be carried out of the place, literally. :o Also, I'd like to be able to drive home on Sunday.

From what I've been told, you're better off. I played once, and it wasn't too bad, but it can get seriously messy.

Best of luck with the 5k! I'll be coming up from Clare, so I won't be there early enough to cheer you on. Hope you win! :)

cheers. i just hope i finish!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭johnr1

Looks like I'll be around that weekend too, and this time there'll be no bailing out early. :rolleyes: :o

Any theme ideas for this one ? Cough; Suits? :cool:

Advertisement