Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Are you going to pay the household charge? [Part 1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

dvpower wrote: »
    But you posted it here like it was a fact anyway

You didn't hear her saying what you said you did.

No if about it. You are wrong

20 pages - what are you on about?

Talk about exaggeration

its painfully obvious this is an obsession to you.

i dont know whether your wage depends on it or you actually in the employ of phil and co but you are going above and beyone the level of just random poster .

anyone reading this thread for any lenght of time can see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

No...I don't believe one cent of my money will go towards "local services". I believe it will go towards the next payment to bondholders!

also, I already pay for my local services...I pay my bin charges, i pay my income levi and Im sure i'll soon be paying water charges. Don't pay! this is just the tip of the iceberg..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

its painfully obvious this is an obsession to you.
    Just passing the evening ... .. F5 F5 F5
    [...] you are going above and beyone the level of just random poster .
    Ah, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

I live in a half pub half house and I pay commercial rates. Am I still liable for the household charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

Take the cotton wool out of your ears.
    He said he didn't think 90% would pay by the deadline.

Jesus wept, Leo V. is one serious cabbage. No matter what way you interpret what he said his figures are up his arse. According to figures today (at 5pm) 420K had paid up, plus another 20K of postal receipts to go through. Now seeing as there are 1.6 million eligible homes his figures are all over the place (I myself reckon between 30 or 40% will register by Saturday). A lot more than 10% he claims have paid and no where near the 90% he expects/doesn't expect by the deadline (depending on what you heard on the report).

This man should not be allowed out without supervision. He is a liability to FG and feels the need to give his 2 cents worth on every topic de jour. An absolute prune.

heffo500 wrote: »
    I live in a half pub half house and I pay commercial rates. Am I still liable for the household charge?
    Interesting question, to which I don't know the answer. The nearest example that I can see on the website is what they say about subdivided properties. This might suggest that you are liable, but it would be worth ringing them.
    The household charge is payable by the owner of the building in respect of each unit of residential accommodation. Where a building is divided into a number of flats or bedsits, the charge applies to each flat or bedsit e.g. if the dwelling is divided into four bedsits, four household charges are payable i.e. €100 x 4 = €400.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

=dvpower;77831320]It is silly to ask. It has been asked and answered multiple times on various threads. Its silly imo to even feel it reasonable to think that politicians would be exempt.

Imagine that. Backing up what I say by referring to the actual legislation on the matter. :rolleyes:

Yes but how about a link? to any specific part you are referring to
    I must have missed that post. For the record, I didn't say that the NPPR was defunct. You must be confused.

That is correct, i mixed another poster up for you, he never responded

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

.....its a renters market. Haar haar haar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Just announced on tv3 news that "more than 426,000 have paid the controversial house hold charge"

not a great number tbf. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,426 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Ghandee wrote: »
    Just announced on tv3 news that "more than 426,000 have paid the controversial house hold charge"

Yes they must have opened more bags :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭geetar

cursai wrote: »
    .....its a renters market. Haar haar haar

most landlords will be passing on the charges in some shape or form..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Show me the evidence for this please?

When you can't answer a simple question (are you a civil servant), i see no need in providing proof that was already outlined in this thread for you. You're man who likes to beat around the bush alright. You should stick to "yes" and "no" answers. Everything else you say is pure sh!te imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

goz83 wrote: »
    When you can't answer a simple question (are you a civil servant), i see no need in providing proof that was already outlined in this thread for you. You're man who likes to beat around the bush alright. You should stick to "yes" and "no" answers. Everything else you say is pure sh!te imo.

Why is it relevant if he is a civil servant or not?

I'll take that as a 'No' then.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

gerryo777 wrote: »
    Just to add that this tax is discrimination in it's purest form.

It's supposed to be for local services used by everyone, yet only people who own a property have to pay.

Renters get off scott free!

That, right there is pure, unadulterated discrimination.

I agree that it's an unfair tax but I don't think renters should pay this charge as well as rent, electric, bins, gas etc. whilst the landlord of said property earns in excess of €10000 a year (D.C.C) and pays nothing. I see my rent as payment for a service provided by the landlord, it's in their interests surely for the local amenities to be improved/sustained. Whilst property prices in Dublin have plummeted I can assure you that rental prices have not. I'm not sure if my landlord intends to pay or not. I'm not sure they even know about it as they live abroad. Not my problem !!!

I wonder how many landlords will increase the monthly rent on the back of this household charge. Would you have the nerve to raise rent by a tenner a month - would be so obvious? no - so they'll raise it by 20 or even 50 to make it look like an inflation based increase - hence profiting from this. Good god, when will the ripples end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

If there was proof we are not getting our spending under control.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0328/teachers-claimed-500m-allowances.html

Get our spending under control before we have more taxes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

hondasam wrote: »

Because Civil "Servants" have a vested interested in maximizing all taxes.

Pretty obvious really.

Out of what are they paid? :D

Wild Bill wrote: »
    Because Civil "Servants" have a vested interested in maximizing all taxes.

Pretty obvious really.

Out of what are they paid? :D

That's a bit unfair imo. Is the household charge going to be used to pay wages?

That's a bit unfair imo. Is the household charge going to be used to pay wages?

It's to be spent by local authorities and I suspect part of the wage bill.

• Advertisement

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    It's to be spent by local authorities and I suspect part of the wage bill.

You think it will be used to pay council wages?

You think it will be used to pay council wages?

It will be used by LAs to carry out work in their area either by employing their own staff or private subcontractors. Some of it will be wages as well as materials and other services like paying for public lighting etc. That is what we are being told by Phil Hogan. Wages will form a major part of the budget.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

@ DV Power......

You really are some piece of work.

You are having a go at another person here,over not answering a question of yours or showing proof??

Sure arent you the one here that is in complete denial of Labour/FG U-Turns and that Phil Hogan doesnt do u-turns.

So that would mean Enda Kenny,Eamon Gilmore,Ruari Quinn,Joan Burton and Phil Hogan all havent done massive u-turns on policies in the last 4-5 months??

You still deny this??

Every question I have asked you about goverment U-Turns,you have avoided me at all costs.

Ive shown you all the u-turns and climb downs that have been done so far.

You got hung out by the balls on everything that I said to you and asked you.

And why did you get hung out by the balls???

Because you couldnt answer me back on my questions,as you knew you were wrong.

Didn't you decide a month ago that you wouldn't be paying? :rolleyes:

And he decided every day since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Didn't you decide a month ago that you wouldn't be paying? :rolleyes:
    yes, but the p1ssy little cap doffer within me was wobbling under the onslaught by Big Phil. That greasy little feeling in the pit of my stomach, born from long experience tells me "this is Ireland, somehow, the feckers will get me for this, one way or another". I have decided to ignore that p1ssy little cap doffer and let them go f*ck themselves.

Just passing the evening ... .. F5 F5 F5

Ah, thanks.

Evening? LOL. Looks like your passing the months away on here. You seem to have alot of spare time. Your certainly Philling up the thread with selective responses (aka ... crap)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Evening? LOL. Looks like your passing the months away on here. You seem to have alot of spare time. Your certainly Philling up the thread with selective responses (aka ... crap)

Being a government shill must pay well. Lol @ "Philling"

Ghandee wrote: »

Paid, or registered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

gerryo777 wrote: »
    Renters get off scott free!

That, right there is pure, unadulterated discrimination.

No, it's standard in a lease contract between landlord and tenant to have the tenant pay charges like this. Same way if a bin charge or water charge came in the tenner would have to pay. I reckon the odd landlord might absorb it themselves for this year, but most will pass it on. And when it goes up, they'll definitely pass it on.

• Advertisement

Self preservation? Personally I don't give a damn. I actually believe he is unemployed, because he spends so much of his time on here. He did not have to answer of course, but instead, he chose to stretch out the questioning, maybe for more attention. Lonely man perhaps.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement