Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I can haz general discussion?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Also, last person to post in this thread will get an honorary modship*!
    *Last poser may not get an honorary modship, this modship is subject to the current moderators discretion. I love saying modship =P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

*cue this thread remaining at 9993 posts forever*

I know, no-one want's to join team evil; I mean cool...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

*cue this thread remaining at 9993 posts forever*

Nobody wants to get other people closer to their modship
    (which is a fun word).

It's like some sort of strategy game!

TBH I had expected more of these...
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNyOO0kdHuiRUnkOnp29HDjolsn4AdF7G_tvx9hlJbq1JCuAdY5FID10OU

Except I guess reaching post limit is a different matter altogether!

• Advertisement

What happens? Does it just lock itself? Or disappear? Or what? Do you know?

I have no idea, I've never seen it before. We could make up all kinds of hypotheses and turn it into a religion?

REPENT, THE END IS NIGH!!

Perhaps it'll crash the whole board. We should stop here, for fear we'll lose all our Boards-ie goodness!

Indeed.

=O

• Advertisement

The afterlife!!

Now I'm confused. That was 10,001. This is 3...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Got some free hugs today. Didn't cringe as much as I thought I would. Nice folks.

I met Your Text Here for the first time this week, at the MHS stand. It was extremely thrilling. =)

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

It seems the thread doesn't lock after 10k posts...

in other news... stuff eh?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I know a few of ye are wondering about the new General discussion thread.

You can merge the first post from this thread into a new thread if you so wished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Post #10008... What an anti-climax!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

No the thread doesn't lock itself. The mods are just supposed to lock any thread that reaches 10000 posts as it's bad for the boards database if there are too many big threads. Although, I have seen a few threads that have gone significantly over the limit, even ones that were created after it came in (e.g. the Liveline one in the radio forum). And it will always be here, just locked :)

Haha, thanks How so Joe :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Haha, thanks How so Joe :D

Were you hanging around there all day? I got hugged at around 2:10pm... Were you involved? :pac:

No, I had to go home to Sligo so wasn't there today! Will be there tomorrow though for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

Do The Print have a copy editor? I don't mean for that to sound rude. I'd really like to help out with it. I read it a lot and I always notice little things out of place. Despite those I really do think it's a pretty good student paper. Does anyone have any details about it?

Email editor@theprint.ie and Broni will sort you out :) there are sectional editors, but sometimes little things are missed! Do get involved though, it's great.

E-mail sent!

CaoimH_in wrote: »
    E-mail sent!
    I've always wanted to do that, but I'm too busy... on boards... and eating biscuits.
    Yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I'm eating chocolate-covered marzipan sweets. Far too busy to be emailing people.

I do enjoy these emails,
    May I again draw your attention to the overflow parking facilities available at Maynooth GAA Club (76 spaces) and the Newtown Inn (54 spaces).
    See Traffic Management website http://campusservices.nuim.ie/traffic/locations.shtml for full details.

Overflow facilities are just a short walk from campus.

The GAA Carpark is next to the north campus so its no big deal, but maybe the Newtown Inn is a tad far... as the crow flies its about a kilometre to the gate of the South Campus, with a nice bridge on the way. It seems less practical.

They really shouldn't be on that road, though. It's extremely tight and they block a cycle lane. One of these days someone will be knocked from their bike by a car pulling out or by someone opening their car door. It's just not safe.

They really shouldn't be on that road, though. It's extremely tight and they block a cycle lane. One of these days someone will be knocked from their bike by a car pulling out or by someone opening their car door. It's just not safe.
    It depends where on the road they are - beyond the roundabout (in the Kilcock direction) there's loads of space for cars on both sides.
    Or at least, from what I can see, there is. But I've never gone down there on a bike.

I'm not condoning parking on the Kilcock road for one second, but the parking issue seems to continue to get worse.

Maybe it was always this bad and the permits only made it worse, since they forced people to pay for a facility which they got for free before and has no tangible benefits over the previous regime.

it really ticks me off getting all these emails telling me where I can and can't park my non-existent car :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Jellytotsx

That road is so nerve-wracking to drive on, you're afraid of catching someone's wing mirror or a door swinging open or someone stepping out from in between cars, and I know people have nowhere else to park but i'll be glad to see those cars gone to be honest!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement