Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NFL DRAFT 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

not a huge fan of the eagles pick but if anyone can develop a qb its andy reid

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Miller needs surgery after the draft, hence the reluctance from anyone to pick him.

Makes sense... Explosive talent though, would be a nice bit of business at this stage in the draft. Raiders actually suit him though with Bush gone. Even the Pats, dare i say it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Neveeeermind..

Just picked up my laptop and after looking through this whole thread wondering how Coby Fleener was still on the board.. then copped that my NFL Network link was about 3 hours behind because I closed down the laptop.. Anyways, what have been the picks/reach of the round?

Hold on, Coby Fleener is still on the board? Was he not projected much higher?

no hes not went to the colts early 2nd round

Neveeeermind..

beat me to it :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Jesus, a Canadian college football player.

Even the punter who was picked is laughing.

i can see someone taking a flyer on burfick tomorow night

Jesus, a Canadian college football player.

Even the punter who was picked is laughing.

Canadian college football players are people to:D

sorry im gona be doing this a lot

That's a nice pick from Bill. He lit up the three cone drill too.

nerd69 wrote: »
    i can see someone taking a flyer on burfick tomorow night

Rams, Detroit or Oakland. Followed by Jail.

• Advertisement

who in the name of god is derek wolfe missed the first few picks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

That's a nice pick from Bill. He lit up the three cone drill too.

Really working the starting defense with these picks and considering Bill could work with pretty much any offensive options, (well even at that you got Gronk, Hernandez and Welker.. oh and Brady) if they manage to work these guys into the team early then the Pats are going to be unreal next year.

who in the name of god is derek wolfe missed the first few picks

Solid but unspectacular DT, was projected at the bottom of the second rather than the top. Hard worker though and an every down player. Should be a like for like replacement for Bunkley imo

spiralism wrote: »
    Solid but unspectacular DT, was projected at the bottom of the second rather than the top. Hard worker though and an every down player. Should be a like for like replacement for Bunkley imo

thanks dont know how i missed him never even herd the name

Really working the starting defense with these picks and considering Bill could work with pretty much any offensive options, (well even at that you got Gronk, Hernandez and Welker.. oh and Brady) if they manage to work these guys into the team early then the Pats are going to be unreal next year.

Don't forget a certain Brandon Lloyd too :)

Such an exciting team for next year, I can't bloody wait.

Bengals take Thompson. They've had some draft in fairness to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Just for the record.
    Stephen Hill will be a stud. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

The Ravens got Osemele. Can he play left guard?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

matthew8 wrote: »
    The Ravens got Osemele. Can he play left guard?

No more a right guard with potential to play right tackle. Absolute monster of a man

Do GM's, coaches etc. start to lose interest in the draft process?

I only ask as its difficult to explain the Pats taking a safety on-one has heard of, Falcons taking a tackle most ppl had in the 7th round/undrafted.

The Jags taking a punter in the 3rd, do they think 1 wide-out is all Gabbert needs, sure he wouldnt say no to another weapon/o-lineman, someone should tell the Jags to take a look at what the Colts are doing for Andrew luck.

Baffling some of the picks? :confused:

Not that high on Reuben Randle to the Giants. Think he is bit of a bust candidate but really like the pick of Jayron Hosley in the 3rd.

• Advertisement

Just going through last nights picks as fell asleep.

If your a Bengals man you must be delighted. Thats a cracking draft in my opinion. Maybe they could picked a running back but i'm sure they'll get one.

An already good yound D has really been made an awful lot better.

Sanu, Green and Gresham are exciting

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Grow up.

Hillman is a very good running back.

After watching his video he's doesn't look like a bad pick.
    He's very agile, quick vision, well balanced and has a burst of speed to make short yardage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Hard not to love the Bucs Draft.

I'd have preferred Claiborne to Barron, but at the end of the day you have serious potential at Saftey coming in, where the Bucs had nothing.

Martin gives the Bucs a 3 down back, who can catch and pass protect, while having the big gain potential in Blount as RB #2. If they work in unison, then we might have a Running game to worry teams into believing some play action plays unlike last year.

Finally Lavonte David upgrades our very weak LB corps, meaning the Bucs look more solid against the Run and Pass.

In these players the Bucs have got 3 starters from Day 1. Throught the Draft and FA, the Bucs have gotton better at WR, RB, G, CB, LB and S. Our young DL now have another year under their belts and we could see big things out of McCoy, Price, Clayborne and Bowers this year. They all have the potential. All 4 were 1st/2nd round picks.

Won't make playoffs this year but give this young team 1 more year and I think we can trouble the likes of Atlanta, NO and Carolina and come out on top of the NFC South once again.

The more i check out Ronnie Hillman (admittedly didn't know a lot about him, hence thinking of it as a reach), the more i like the pick. Kinda fits the mold of the traditional Broncos RB, the 1 cut and run guy that makes fellas miss. More importantly, hes' a sproles-esque scat back threat, can't be any harm giving him to Manning! Worst job he's at least better than Moreno and nowhere near as expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

HigginsJ wrote: »

I only ask as its difficult to explain the Pats taking a safety on-one has heard of, Falcons taking a tackle most ppl had in the 7th round/undrafted.

The Jags taking a punter in the 3rd, do they think 1 wide-out is all Gabbert needs, sure he wouldnt say no to another weapon/o-lineman, someone should tell the Jags to take a look at what the Colts are doing for Andrew luck.

Not that high on Reuben Randle to the Giants. Think he is bit of a bust candidate but really like the pick of Jayron Hosley in the 3rd.

I think MJD, one of the best back-up RBs in the league in Rashad Jennings, Justin Blackmon, Mike Thomas in the slot, Laurent Robinson and Lee Evans as #2 or #3, or whatever suits, and Marcedes Lewis at tight end is more weapons than most QBs have. If Gabbert fails again it won't be because he hasn't anyone to give the ball to.

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Hard not to love the Bucs Draft.

I'd have preferred Claiborne to Barron, but at the end of the day you have serious potential at Saftey coming in, where the Bucs had nothing.

Martin gives the Bucs a 3 down back, who can catch and pass protect, while having the big gain potential in Blount as RB #2. If they work in unison, then we might have a Running game to worry teams into believing some play action plays unlike last year.

Finally Lavonte David upgrades our very weak LB corps, meaning the Bucs look more solid against the Run and Pass.

In these players the Bucs have got 3 starters from Day 1. Throught the Draft and FA, the Bucs have gotton better at WR, RB, G, CB, LB and S. Our young DL now have another year under their belts and we could see big things out of McCoy, Price, Clayborne and Bowers this year. They all have the potential. All 4 were 1st/2nd round picks.

Won't make playoffs this year but give this young team 1 more year and I think we can trouble the likes of Atlanta, NO and Carolina and come out on top of the NFC South once again.

i wouldnt say that 2 years ago ye where the best young team in the league that talent didnt just disappear if talib is back i think ye are at least wildcard

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

i wouldnt say that 2 years ago ye where the best young team in the league that talent didnt just disappear if talib is back i think ye are at least wildcard
    Im looking at the schedule as well.

2 vs Panthers, Saints, Falcons!!!

Have Redskins, Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, Broncos, Raiders, Chiefs, Chargers!

And the Rams and Vikings.

Could easily see a 2 win season only!

If I was being positive, I'd say wins against: Rams, Vikings, Chiefs, Panthers, Saints and Falcons (at Home) and 1 or 2 upsets (Cowboys or maybe Redskins with a Rookie QB early in the season)

A lot of the 10 win season was down to an easy schedule and a team that got confidence from a good run of early form. This year the Bucs start with Panthers who walked all over us last year, Giants SB champions, Cowboys who are strong all over the field and Redskins who may or may not have a Stud at QB. 0-4 start is a distinct possibilty, and we saw what happened last year when results started to slip away.

Anyway I'd rather be a pessimist and be surprised then an optimist and be disappointed like last season. :(

Go Bucs!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,499 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

HigginsJ wrote: »

Randle is one thats very hard to project because LSU didn't throw the ball enough to get a good handle on just how good he can be. I like him I have to admit and think he could be a good one.

Only thing I can think of with the Pats pick is that they felt they had a real good one and were afraid they had competition for the pick. If they had had him very high on their board then I suppose you take the guy asap. If you rank him that highly then why gamble on losing him?

The lowest ranked player by draftniks was Derek Wolfe. He was ranked lower than Wilson by most.

I never even looked at what teams might want a punter. Certainly Anger was one of the best in recent years in college so its not a bad move if he can be that good in the NFL. Again like the Patriots pick, we would be guessing that you would get this guy much later. It may be a reach but we don't know for sure.

Good article here by the always reliable Mike Reiss on why Wilson may have went as high as he did.
    But others might look closer and learn that Wilson had seven teams that brought him in for visits (Buccaneers, Texans, Cardinals, Falcons, Colts, Ravens, Chargers), while Patriots director of player personnel Nick Caserio and director of college scouting Jon Robinson -- along with another club -- worked him out privately.

• Advertisement

Chris Givens is a very nice pick for St. Louis, as is Omar Bolden for Denver.

Advertisement