Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Getting ears re-pierced

Options
  • 18-03-2015 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Just wondering if anyone could shed some light please! Usual craic, had my ears pierced when I was about 7, let them close up. Fast forward eleven years a friend re-pierced them, they got infected and I had to let them heal and close up, since then I've been terrified to get anything done, however, I really would like them re-pierced for my wedding in just over 3 months as mum is letting me wear her favourite pair of earrings - any advice?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Post moved to piercings forum, should get good advice here!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭osaurus

Don't let your mates pierce your ears and go to a proper studio to get them done :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

<Snip> Don't back-seat mod </snip>

OP - If you really want to get your ears re-pierced pop into your local piercing studio, they'll be able to advice you if it can be done again. There may be a build up of scar tissue that means it cannot be done and it's more than likely you will not be able to swap them out so soon after for another pair of earrings as they'll still be healing.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

As stated above, just pop into any reputable piercer and they'll be able to do it for you, and give you aftercare advice. Follow the aftercare properly to avoid getting infection.

Do not let friends pierce your ears, do not get it done in a jewellers or "Clares", as they use those piercing 'guns' that cannot be properly sterilized and use blunt force to push a blunt stud through your ear, so it tears it's way through, rather than cleanly cutting like a proper piercer will do with a needle.

To everyone else:
    Don't post just to slag off someone looking for help. And don't back-seat moderate, report a post if you think it's inappropriate or it shouldn't be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

3 months is plenty of time to heal. Chances are, since they were done at 7yo. the ear will have grown and changed shape in the prevailing years, which means the new piercing probably won't be in exactly the same spot, so scar tissue shouldn't present any problems. Find a decent studio and talk to them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement