Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New in Waterford

• 09-12-2014 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi everyone! My wife and I have just moved to Waterford. As we're looking to make some new friends quickly we decided to start a meetup. - "New in Waterford" (seems I cant post link as I'm a new user, but you can find it fairly easily from the homepage of Meetup website) or just google "meetups near Waterford".

It's now titled "New and Not so New in Waterford" as we want it open to anyone who wants wants to make some new friends/expand their social circle. Our first meetup is on the 19th at the Munster pub (no idea if this is a decent place?) and there's a few people going. If you havent used Meetup before you will need to register before you can join the group (just need an email address). Anyway, hope to see a few people there - it should be a fun time! (Hopefully our first proper night out in Ireland!)

PS:I play the trumpet - well I try - and my wife has just purchased an accordion, so anyone interested in some jamming in the near/distant future be sure to join The Group.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Is this a swinging club?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    Is this a swinging club?
    Was waiting for that one.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Half Past Human

I think playing the trumpet could be code words.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

I like to bang the base drum meself.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Despot Dan

I enjoy tickling the ivories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,542 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Nothing like a bit of rusty trumpet.....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,014 ✭✭✭✭looksee

OP, don't mind the smart-arses, this is (possibly) the Waterford sense of humour :eek: Fair play to you making the effort to get something going. Don't be put off if it takes a while to build up interest, these things can be slow.

Can I suggest that you 'have an angle' ready to discuss when you meet? You probably have it in mind, but you need to be ready to discuss things that you can do as a group (theatre, cinema, visits to places, discussions, whatever). You are also a bit close to Christmas to get a lot of interest, keep pushing it through January and February when things ave gone quiet again. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

Is your wife a looker ,and game ?My wife is Thai .Maybe we could hook up lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,542 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

looksee wrote: »
    OP, don't mind the smart-arses, this is (possibly) the Waterford sense of humour :eek:

Sarcasm or naivety......:confused:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,014 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Sarcasm or naivety......:confused:

:D

oh naive, definitely. *looks innocent*.

• Advertisement
Advertisement