Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Free Money Betting Superthread 2011/12

• 02-09-2011 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭

New season, new beginning, more opportunities to finance the bookmakers!

Odds for Outright Winner of World Cup.

France could well be the value there, they're in form after the warmups and certainties to make it out of their pool. As we discovered in 07, they can beat anyone anytime when they decide to turn up. Might be worth a sly fiver as an outsider bet.

Won't touch the ABs at those odds so I might back Australia to win also.

This weekend I'm backing Munster -10 at 10/11 at home to Dragons.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

How about Ospreys vs Leinster tonight. Looks like a lethal Leinster backline and I reckon Leinster to win at 10/11 is easy money. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,815 ✭✭✭✭emmet02

Don't like the HC bet on Munster, and don't like the win bet on Leinster either.

Gl though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

How about Ospreys vs Leinster tonight. Looks like a lethal Leinster backline and I reckon Leinster to win at 10/11 is easy money. :D

Leinster -9 @ 11/4 to make it exciting :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

France could well be the value there, they're in form after the warmups and certainties to make it out of their pool. .

France are likely to meet England in the QF though aren't they? I'd fancy England to take that game tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Podge_irl wrote: »
    France are likely to meet England in the QF though aren't they? I'd fancy England to take that game tbh.

Good point, that's why I would keep a bet on France to a fiver. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Got a tenner on Oz at 6/1 nearly a year ago. *smug*

Alternative handicap accums on PP for me in the early stages of the WC, with the €130 I won on Leinster winning the Heineken Cup.

Have a fiver on the the following accum for this weekend: Munster -4, Ulster -6, Leinster -5, Scarlets -6. As well as the customary couple of quid on Dave Kearney to score a try.

Ulster vs Glasgow. Weather cloudy and dry.
    More than 17.5 points in 1st half @ 5/6

Ospreys vs Leinster. Weather sunny/cloudy and dry.
    More than 19.5 points in the 1st half @ 5/6
    Leinster to win - evens.
    Leinster to win by more than 8 @ 11/4
    Isa Nacewa a try @ 16/5
    Fionn Carr a try @ 23/10

God loves a tryer!

Now what odds on finding a pub that will be showing the Leinster game instead of 'dirt' football as my local barman refers to it. :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Now what odds on finding a pub that will be showing the Leinster game instead of 'dirt' football as my local barman refers to it. :D

Sounds like your local would be a good bet :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Gracelessly Tom

I'll put my ante post RWC bets up here for good measure.....

Samoa to reach the quarters @ 7/1
    Samoa to reach the semi's @35/1
    Ireland to win RWC @ 25/1 (got it before the two home warm ups)
    Ireland to reach the final @9/1

Will have a few more before next Friday, wouldn't be a world cup without a top scorer and tryscorer bet!

For tonight I've gone with Leinster -5 @ 2/1. C'mon Leinster....

New season off and running!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Will have a few more before next Friday, wouldn't be a world cup without a top scorer and tryscorer bet!

The two New Zealand wingers are favourites but it doesn't seem right to me. Neither have a great try scoring record.

The two New Zealand wingers are favourites but it doesn't seem right to me. Neither have a great try scoring record.

I know what you mean. I think you're better off going for a sub winger for NZ or Aus as they could run in 4 or 5 tries against a group minnow. Ashley-Cooper v Russia for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

I know what you mean. I think you're better off going for a sub winger for NZ or Aus as they could run in 4 or 5 tries against a group minnow. Ashley-Cooper v Russia for example.
    The problem with this is that Adam Ashley Cooper probably won't play against the likes of Russia, they will be rested for the bigger games.

Just went on to Paddy Power to check the top tryscorer odds and Alesana Tuilagi is 500/1!! With 4 places he's got to be e/w value. If Samoa do manage to get through he could easily score a few tries and grab a place.

Am I missing something (is he injured) or are they actually crazy odds?

The problem with this is that Adam Ashley Cooper probably won't play against the likes of Russia, they will be rested for the bigger games.

I think he could play against them, I'd imagine they'll go with O'Connor and Ioane on the wings. He is so versatile that he could be benched for the big games and play the smaller ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Maybe. With only 3 wingers in the squad he's likely to play there a bit. The other issue is Mitchell. I think he's played a bit of club rugby since his return but I doubt he can have done enough to get his starting spot back. But he could easily be starting come the knockout stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

tolosenc wrote: »
    Got a tenner on Oz at 6/1 nearly a year ago. *smug*

Oz were a minimum of 10/1 a year ago in most places.

Leinster +3 are Dragons +12 are my bets in the Celtic Magners Rabo Direct Pro12 for the weekend.

How soon before we can just call it the Pro12?

Maybe. With only 3 wingers in the squad he's likely to play there a bit. The other issue is Mitchell. I think he's played a bit of club rugby since his return but I doubt he can have done enough to get his starting spot back. But he could easily be starting come the knockout stages.

I hope he is. I think Mitchell is a cracking player, often under rated but he's like Keith Earls with a brain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Just went on to Paddy Power to check the top tryscorer odds and Alesana Tuilagi is 500/1!! With 4 places he's got to be e/w value. If Samoa do manage to get through he could easily score a few tries and grab a place.

those odds are mad, i backed him last month for same bet he and was 50/1 ??
    have heard nothing about him being injured

I'll put my ante post RWC bets up here for good measure.....

Samoa to reach the quarters @ 7/1
    Samoa to reach the semi's @35/1
    Ireland to win RWC @ 25/1 (got it before the two home warm ups)
    Ireland to reach the final @9/1

:D
    very like me i have a fairly large amount on soma to reach q/fs at 7/1 , was very upset to see wales playing well recently and SA playing crap.

Also went for ireland 25/1 frogs 16/1 and aussies at 5/1

only a week to go :)

• Advertisement

duckysauce wrote: »
    those odds are mad, i backed them last month for same bet he and was 50/1 ??
    have heard nothing about him being injured

I threw a fiver each way on it @ 500/1. If he's injured so be it but couldn't refuse those odds!:D

Hahaha, he's now 80/1! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

On PP so odds could be better elsewhere.

Name the 8 quarter finalists.

New Zealand, France, England, Argentina, Australia, Ireland, South Africa & Wales @ 13/8

Name the quarter finals.

Australia vs Wales, England vs France, South Africa vs Ireland, & New Zealand vs Argentina @ 9/2

Be very surprised the quarters looked any different than that.

:D
    very like me i have a fairly large amount on soma to reach q/fs at 7/1 , was very upset to see wales playing well recently and SA playing crap.

Also went for ireland 25/1 frogs 16/1 and aussies at 5/1

only a week to go :)

I'm going to take a stab and say you only bet with Paddy?

I'm going to take a stab and say you only bet with Paddy?

lol yeah i know i should look around but am a lazy sod

Hahaha, he's now 80/1! :D

got him before it changed owe you a beer if he comes in.

lol yeah i know i should look around but am a lazy sod

Ireland 50/1 on Betfair, sorry to be the rubbing salt in the wounds guy

Ireland 50/1 on Betfair, sorry to be the rubbing salt in the wounds guy

yep they are out to 40/1 with pp now , backed them end of July before their bizarre performances in August.

Ulster vs Glasgow. Weather cloudy and dry.
    More than 17.5 points in 1st half @ 5/6 15-11 HT then it rained..:D

Ospreys vs Leinster. Weather sunny/cloudy and dry.
    More than 19.5 points in the 1st half @ 5/6 27-3 HT :D
    Leinster to win - evens. 27-3 FT :(
    Leinster to win by more than 8 @ 11/4 :(
    Isa Nacewa a try @ 16/5 :(
    Fionn Carr a try @ 23/10

God loves a tryer!

Plus I had to abandon my usual local for the 'dirt' football just before half time and the #2 pub only had BBC NI - Ulster vs Glasgow - which was obviously a damn sight more exciting than the Leinster debacle. Only €4 down and there's tomorrow to come. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

How about Connacht @ 2/1? They have almost a full team against Treviso who are missing 12 players.

Advertisement