Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Midweek 5 aside - Coolmine - sign up!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fredzer

great game lads, what was the final score ? pretty even for a 5 v 6 , think the yellows just snook it !! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

fredzer wrote: »
    pretty even for a 5 v 6 , think the yellows just snook it !! :)

Nah I think the oranges just scraped it... ;)

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭clap-for-trap

kenon wrote: »
    Yeh it was enjoyable. I'm already starting to notice my fitness getting better because of these matches. The hour really flew in.

ye i have to say i can realy feel my fitness coming on aswell! and i could not believe it when ben said there was only 10 minutes left! haha! oh and ken really had some sweet shots!

Long shots were the order of the day.

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Forgot to say guys - I have booked the pitch indefinitely. We can cancel whenever we want, but that slot is ours until we don't want it anymore. Ive also asked them to let me know if an 8pm or 9pm slot became available on a Wednesday or Thursday evening, as I presume that would be preferable ?

Last game before the festivities is the 18th (3 more games), and we start up again on the 8th, if everyone is still up for it after Christmas.

• Advertisement

Thats excellent.

I'm available from 6pm on Wednesday and Thursday so any time after that doesn't really matter to me. That might change the end of January due to different hours in college.

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

yeanim pretty much in the same boat as ken. i cant play till 6 on wednesdays and 9 on thursdays and it could end up changing after christmas! i amnt sure what way the timetable changes! what college are you going to ken??

what college are you going to ken??

Blanch IT.

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MYP82

im the same i play in dcu on thu till 6 but am back by 7. i quite like playing late to be honest, gives me all evening to get stuff done- only thing is im having lot of trouble trying to sleep after it! looking forward to it again this week tho!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fredzer

Tusky wrote: »
    Forgot to say guys - I have booked the pitch indefinitely. We can cancel whenever we want, but that slot is ours until we don't want it anymore. Ive also asked them to let me know if an 8pm or 9pm slot became available on a Wednesday or Thursday evening, as I presume that would be preferable ?

Last game before the festivities is the 18th (3 more games), and we start up again on the 8th, if everyone is still up for it after Christmas.

Fair play, great to have a slot secured, would be good to get a slightly earlier kick off time on the Thursday but we're up an running!!! Wednesday would be out for me, have college that night!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

I originally accepted for thursday but unfortunately have to drop out for a couple of weeks. Was at the physio this morning for an injury I picked up a few weeks back that was niggling at me, and gotten progressively worse, and he's told me to lay off for a while. Really enjoying the games so far though, and hoping to be back soon! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Kaldorn

id like to play on thursdays, is that when you play ill put myself on thelist for the odd wednesday too..can i be put on a cancelation list or something.i can pm my details

Like gareth said i rather like playing late! it gives me time to get a bit of a rest after college on the thursday and have something to eat and that. i dont get home from college till about half 6 or 7 ya see.

I originally accepted for thursday but unfortunately have to drop out for a couple of weeks. Was at the physio this morning for an injury I picked up a few weeks back that was niggling at me, and gotten progressively worse, and he's told me to lay off for a while. Really enjoying the games so far though, and hoping to be back soon! :(

Sorry to hear it. Cheers for letting us know.
    Kaldorn wrote: »
    id like to play on thursdays, is that when you play ill put myself on thelist for the odd wednesday too..can i be put on a cancelation list or something.i can pm my details

Theres still a couple of places for this Thursdays game. PM me your full name, phone number and email and I'll get you set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

I'd be interested in a game too, however I've got a banjaxed foot so I mightn't be able to play until the new year. Just letting yiz know.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭dubdec99

What are the general fitness levels like anyway - are most of you under 30? Myself and my mate are available from next week but we're pushing 40.....maybe we'll just do the line!! :D

The age range is probably 18-30+. Fitness levels vary as well. Some are comfortable at running for the 60mins, some work in bursts etc. Im sure you's would be able to slot in somewhere!

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MYP82

dubdec99 wrote: »
    What are the general fitness levels like anyway - are most of you under 30? Myself and my mate are available from next week but we're pushing 40.....maybe we'll just do the line!! :D

you'd be fine dont worry. no question about that!

dubdec99 wrote: »

Age and fitness varies, but yea would both be very welcome!

I think at this stage, anyone who joins will have to put on a reserve list as we have 16 players on teamer as it is. Having said that, we only have 10 confirmed thus far for tomorrow night, so theres a good chance there will be room for extras each week.

We have 11 (10 on teamer, 1 off teamer) so need one more. Anyone know of anyone looking for a game ?

• Advertisement

Tusky wrote: »
    We have 11 (10 on teamer, 1 off teamer) so need one more. Anyone know of anyone looking for a game ?

What about ciarans mate??;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

Got a question: does everyone wear runners and astro boots? Absolutely hate studs, I always get hurt by them.

Astro boots. I used to wear blades up to recently as I think they are excellent on the coolmine pitches.

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

What about ciarans mate??;)

I'll send him a text now.
    quank wrote: »
    Got a question: does everyone wear runners and astro boots? Absolutely hate studs, I always get hurt by them.

Astro boots.

i wear blades, there doesn be many risky challenges anyway.the chances of you gettin hurt more than something you`ll walk off are slim in my opinion! you would be grand.

Any reply from him Ben?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Yeah just got a text he can play so we should have 12 then.

Great stuff. Good to finally have a game of 6v6.

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Yeah just got a text he can play so we should have 12 then.

great!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

My bro is up for a game as well if you's still need an extra player.

Looking foward to tonight!!

Wasnt the best after the game last week, Dehidrated a bit but drinking plenty of fluids today and will be taking it easy tonight :P

• Advertisement

i think we have enough now, chris do you work in pc world? i was in there last friday!thought i saw you:confused:

Advertisement