Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Studying in the USA on full financial scholarship

Options
  • 27-09-2015 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Anybody studying in the USA preferably NYU or UChicago ?
    test wise what is needed like do i have to sit the sats or the acts ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭S_Barry3011

Hey Ally,
    I'm currently in 6th Year and I'm applying to NYU. They have a flexible standardized testing policy which means they accept both the SAT and the ACT. If your planning on applying for the Fall 2016 semester I'd suggest you take them as soon as possible because the application deadline is January 1st.
    I did a ton of research on applying to the States so let me know if you have any other questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭meganob

Hey Ally,
    I'm currently in 6th Year and I'm applying to NYU. They have a flexible standardized testing policy which means they accept both the SAT and the ACT. If your planning on applying for the Fall 2016 semester I'd suggest you take them as soon as possible because the application deadline is January 1st.
    I did a ton of research on applying to the States so let me know if you have any other questions.

Hey, I would be v.interested in the research you found.
    Such as scholarships available, where to take SAT's or the ACT's, application process for college and major/minor thing-What is the point of the minor-can you get a career with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭S_Barry3011

Scholarships mostly depend on the colleges as far as I know. You can look on the specific college's website for info on financial aid.
    I took the SAT in St. Andrews in South Dublin and I think the ACT is done out of DCU (most colleges let you choose between the two). I would recommend taking them during the summer so you don't have juggle homework and SAT prep.
    For the application process it again depends on the college, some colleges use the Common App while you have to apply to others directly.
    I don't really know that much about majors and minors but I think you pick a major usually at the end of your second year (eg. Finance) and then you can take minors on top of this (eg. Art History). The workload for a minor obviously isn't as much work as a major but it is more about giving you a chance to study something you really enjoy. I would assume most people would look to enter a career to do with their major and not their minor but again I'm not so sure about it.
    If you have any other questions let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Graham_Focker

Scholarships mostly depend on the colleges as far as I know. You can look on the specific college's website for info on financial aid.
    I took the SAT in St. Andrews in South Dublin and I think the ACT is done out of DCU (most colleges let you choose between the two). I would recommend taking them during the summer so you don't have juggle homework and SAT prep.
    For the application process it again depends on the college, some colleges use the Common App while you have to apply to others directly.
    I don't really know that much about majors and minors but I think you pick a major usually at the end of your second year (eg. Finance) and then you can take minors on top of this (eg. Art History). The workload for a minor obviously isn't as much work as a major but it is more about giving you a chance to study something you really enjoy. I would assume most people would look to enter a career to do with their major and not their minor but again I'm not so sure about it.
    If you have any other questions let me know.

Is much prep needed for the SAT? If i took the SAT this summer, arent i too late to apply to the colleges??as their close date is like January?

Advertisement