Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GBA JRPGS

• 24-02-2013 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

Having rediscovered the joys of the GBA SP (and Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones!) I was wondering what would be considered the best JRPGs for it?

I have the Fire Emblems and Golden Sun. Was thinking of Shining Force or Breath of Fire next?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,772 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If you like Fire Emblem then Shining Force is a good one to go for. It's a lot more simplistic than Fire Emblem but still a lot of fun.

Both Golden Sun games are a lot of fun as well.

I'd highly recommend Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga. It's a great RPG with really funny writing.

I'd advise against the first Breath of Fire. It's a not a good game and I didn't enjoy it at all. The second game is a lot better but the GBA port retains the god awful SNES translation.

I'd also advise against FF Tactics Advance. It's a game that really drags on, there's no challenge and the user interface is dreadful.

Some others I'd recommend:

Riviera
    Yggdra Union
    Tactics Ogre: Knights of Lodis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Cheers for that. Looks like Shining Force is next on the list so.

Couldn't agree more about FFTA. Got it when it came out and it's an absolute trudge of a game. I stuck with it for ages hoping it would eventually get better but it didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭megaten

Summon Night: Swordcraft Story is really good. Make sure you pick the female main character and Sugar as your Gaurdian Beast if you play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Earthbound 3 has an excellent fan translation if you are using roms.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,772 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Earthbound 3 has an excellent fan translation if you are using roms.

Actually how the hell did I forget this. Mother 3 is quite simply one of the best games you will ever play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Perkinstock

Golden sun is a great game and also Riviera! i love those 2. FF tactics advance is a good one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Perkinstock

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Actually how the hell did I forget this. Mother 3 is quite simply one of the best games you will ever play.

I agree, but i just played it on an emulator for smart phones, and it suck because there is a glitch on it that's why i did not finish it. as far as i remember i'm stuck on a castle thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Try Super Robot Wars Original Generation 1 & 2 if you want more SRPGs and if you like those give Zone of the Enders: Fist of Mars a go, just be sure to turn off the aiming thing

Advertisement