Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the next big android phone coming out and when can we expect it?

• 07-02-2013 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

Is there a successor to the galaxy s3 or something similar in the pipeline?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

We'll probably find out in a few weeks at http://www.mobileworldcongress.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Is there a successor to the galaxy s3 or something similar in the pipeline?

15th March for the S4 apparently.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/smart-phone-focus/3424892/samsung-galaxy-s4-gets-new-launch-date/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

6.3" Samsung Note 3 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Sony Xperia Z - Arrival Imminent. Looks pretty good, specs will probably match or wont be too far off the Galaxy S IV. Not so sure about the screen, crap viewing angles would put me off. Waterproof though!

HTC M7 - Probably available by late March. Plenty leaks on this. Honestly, can;t see what more this offers over the One X+. Never design possibly. I expect this handset to continue to be in the shadow of the Galaxy S IV

Samsung Galaxy S IV - Probably April/May until availability or even unveiling. Samsung doing a pretty very good job on keeping this big one under wraps. Non one really knows anything other that its due in a few months. Expect an octo-core chip and 2Gb of RAM, 5" Full HD screen. Expected to be similar in specs to the HTC but then again, the ONE X and S3 had similar specs and one vastly outsold the other. I expect this to tear the others asunder again this year in terms of sales.

Theyre the big three anyway. Some of the latest offering from the likes of Huawei look good too but not a lot of market penetration here.. Likewise with Motorola, under their new Google overlords..

My honest advice to anyone wanting to buy would be to get a Nexus 4 16Gb right away, or hold off for the three above

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Motorola X phone at Google I/O, May 15th, running Key Lime Pie 5.0

I think that's the next exciting thing to look forward to when it comes to Android and its devices.

5 inch screen, Quad core, Sony camera, huge battery life, apparently shatterproof, running vanilla Android if you buy it off Google, not part of the nexus range though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,962 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Rumours of a Samsung with a flexible screen has me interested, even for just the novelty of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Have to agree with draffodx on the Motorola X. It's Googles first real Motorola phone since they bought the company and you know they'll have just thrown money at this. Expect the best of everything and a new vanilla Android 5.0.

As it's a Motorola phone and not a Nexus some are saying it will have an SD slot unlike all other Nexus phones. I expect this to follow Google's other recent Nexus devices though in terms of price and be cheap in comparison to others of a similar spec while also available unlocked through the play store.

I think this is going to be the phone to beat in the next 6 months and the one I'm really eager to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Motorola X Phone, Samsung Galaxy SIV, HTC M7 and personally... the Huawei Ascend P2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

The Oppo Find 5 looks quite impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭pedatron

BopNiblets wrote: »
    The Oppo Find 5 looks quite impressive

I'm subscribed to this fella on youtube and he had a note 2 previous to this. Looks a nice phone now. Hardly see the light of day in Ireland though!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I'd love to know if HTC consciously changed their model names from the more feminine Dream, Desire, Sensation, ChaCha to the manlier numbers and letters combos and if it's had a significant impact on sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,693 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I'd love to know if HTC consciously changed their model names from the more feminine Dream, Desire, Sensation, ChaCha to the manlier numbers and letters combos and if it's had a significant impact on sales.
    HTC one will be released on 18 Feb. Expect awesome new camera functions and innovative interface and functions in the sense ui. I'm using a HTC butterfly right now and if the one is even slightly improved it will be awesome.

Advertisement