Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Coupon Chat Only]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

gremha, brian_t and donnacha- do what i do- ignore that yolk!

Works well for me!

Lets get back on track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭gremha

It's not character assassination if he/she openly admits to theft/fraud, it's now fact.

And I agree with you, we are supposed to help each other, but the likes of him/her defrauding companies is not going to help anyone, all frowzy is doing is giving them & others a reason not to issue coupons. Does that help you or me or any of the other more honest couponers on here?

If you can honestly tell me that his/her behaviour or others defrauding companies by fraudulently redeeming coupons & openly boasting of it benefits us in our cause, then I'll honestly & humbly apologise directly & publicly.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Frowzy

Isn't there a saying about people in glasshouses?

I wonder if this is the same grehma who thanked a poster and admitted that they were indeed going to use a Woolite coupon against an already discounted product.

#justwondering

Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer....

QED

Now back on topic

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭stirliz

Woolite Coupon doesn't say anything about using it with an on offer :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

17839328.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

*clicking unfollow thread

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭purplestar77

Thought I'd provide some light relief ......

I'm heading to America at the end of the month for a fortnight with the family, and I can't wait to coupon over there!

I'm already subscribed to a load of email newsletters from shops I want to visit, and just seeing the coupon offers in my email each week, has me so excited. I'm even contemplating offering to do my Auntie's food shopping for her just so I can clip coupons and bring them to the supermarket, but she's very bargain-savvy so I'm sure she'll be teaching this Irish Cailin a thing or two :D

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

I've always thought I was weird for wanting to do exactly what you described above. Now I know I'm not alone. :D

stirliz wrote: »
    Woolite Coupon doesn't say anything about using it with an on offer :P

This is quite correct & I checked before using it.

Thought I'd provide some light relief ......

I'm heading to America at the end of the month for a fortnight with the family, and I can't wait to coupon over there!

I've done it over there, amazing. Other half got a load of Max Factor Infinity for $4 each, I think they're about €12 here, food was half nothing, even beer - 20 pack of Miller for $7.50 with coupon & another coupon in the box for $5 off the next box, combined the two of them & got the next box for $2.50 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭brian_t

Frowzy wrote: »
    I've gone back through Brian's posts and I don't agree with his views on abusing Tesco's double the difference policy, but to each their own.

I'm happy to stand by my view on that Tesco policy.
    Here's the link.
    brian_t wrote: »
    To refund double the difference if you have been overcharged on an item is Tescos own stated policy.
    It is not "technically" stealing to accept it.
    It would be technically stupid not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ann873

just want to say hi:) i'm new to couponig, started just few days ago and sure we'll see how it goes:) but to be honest i'm quite exciting bout it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

ann873 wrote: »
    just want to say hi:) i'm new to couponig, started just few days ago and sure we'll see how it goes:) but to be honest i'm quite exciting bout it:)

Welcome ann873. I hope you find lots of useful info on here to help you coupon. :) I certainly did.

i tried to use comfort coupon today in tesco in limerick nd it said i can't use it yet...don't quite get it...

i tried to use comfort coupon today in tesco in limerick nd it said i can't use it yet...don't quite get it...

Are you talking about the pigsback coupon? There is no start date on these, only an expiry date. Was it refused by a checkout person? If so you might have one of those awkward tesco branches that make it difficult for people. If it's the pigsback coupon you have, there is a support area on their site where you can report it and pigsback will contact tesco.

Binka wrote: »
    Are you talking about the pigsback coupon? There is no start date on these, only an expiry date. Was it refused by a checkout person? If so you might have one of those awkward tesco branches that make it difficult for people. If it's the pigsback coupon you have, there is a support area on their site where you can report it and pigsback will contact tesco.

that was pigsback coupon but i went to the quick checkout that u operate urself. the comfort was 1,50 nd i tried to use a 1 euro off coupon but on the till it said i can't use it yet so i don't know...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Binka wrote: »

that was pigsback coupon but i went to the quick checkout that u operate urself. the comfort was 1,50 nd i tried to use a 1 euro off coupon but on the till it said i can't use it yet so i don't know...

I know what you did wrong . You tried to scan the coupon after the product so the till says you can't use it yet. You can't scan coupons while activley scanning groceries.

First go to finish and pay . Then hit the coupon button then scan the coupon

Irishchick wrote: »
    I know what you did wrong . You tried to scan the coupon after the product so the till says you can't use it yet. You can't scan coupons while activley scanning groceries.

First go to finish and pay . Then hit the coupon button then scan the coupon

oh..ok..:) thanks:) i'm completely new to that so i'll give it a go next time:)

Just so as you know, you can only use 2 coupons without the assistance of the self scan supervisor. If you use more they have to input them manually.

i tried today once again nd it's all working so thanks so much for ur help:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bogtreader

I have just started couponing in the last few weeks and you have to keep an eye on the small print and dont let them fob you off.I get the usual are these photocopies i say no i
    dont have a colour printer and then its i have to talk to my supervisor.
    They go off talk to their supervisor then come back all is fine and scan in the vouchers all fine.Do not mind the queue behind you if you are saving money its all good.
    I saved 6 euro today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Are there any other good sites for getting coupons apart from pigs back - I've tried the bubblegum site but it's not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

deelite wrote: »
    Are there any other good sites for getting coupons apart from pigs back - I've tried the bubblegum site but it's not great.

unfortunately not. We have a serious lack of coupons and couponing sites in this country. If you email companies directly sometimes they will send you a coupon or a free product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 binkerland1000

Hi All

Just getting started on couponing myself.

Are there any other resourses like newspapers or other sites just using pigsback at the mo.

I'am already addicted but been kept back because i dont know where to get more coupons.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭perri winkles

Hi guys just tried to print some pigsback vouchers and there is a grey box covering most of the coupon so that you can't see it. Very strange and hard to explain but basically wont let me see the whole coupon only part of the barcode :confused:

Anyone experienced this!?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭brian_t

Hi guys just tried to print some pigsback vouchers and there is a grey box covering most of the coupon so that you can't see it. Very strange and hard to explain but basically wont let me see the whole coupon only part of the barcode :confused:

It works ok for me now but they have introduced a kind of light grey watermark (Pigsback.com) in the background of the top half of the coupon.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Yeah i did when i was printing them to pdf(reason for this is to print multiple pages per sheet) So when saved as pdf and printed from there the pdf file has a distorted(funny looking markings all over coupon)watermark all over the coupon...So just have to print directly to printer now and all is fine when doing this.....

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭sparklespark

Hi,

This is change of topic but I emailed Manufactuers of Green Giant Sweetcorn asking for Coupons/ Vouchers for their product. And got this reply

""We welcome your comments and are pleased that you are interested in our products. As a result of the numerous requests we receive for vouchers or samples we are unable to fulfill your request.

We do, however, appreciate your enthusiastic endorsement and hope you will continue to use and enjoy our products""

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭paddycakes

Came across the couponing forum yesterday...been reading it since! Have printed of my pigsback coupons and will be hitting tesco during the week.

Great thread...thanks a million!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 DEBBIE41

hi all new to boards.ie and coupons ,was just wondering if there is a limit on how many coupons you can print on pigsback and other sites
    :)

Advertisement