Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »
    Trying to sell that as a lot is pretty much a way of not selling it

Agreed, nobody is gonna hand him 5k for everything.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Offered him a fair €80 for the Transformers Multicart, looks like a nice collection and I really don't have the room to collect loads of Jamma PCBs, although there will be a spot for a Namco collection board, someday...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

o1s1n wrote: »
    Holy crap!

Trying to sell that as a lot is pretty much a way of not selling it. Maybe wifey said it all had to go so he put it up 'for sale'.

I hate ads that say "not splitting" or job lots. Best way to sell it would be sell the cabs and large items locally and then split everything else. Then stick everything unsold on ebay.

I want all of it though! Think the bank would approve a 5k loan?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭ondafly

I have cash waiting for that cab ! Been actively searching for a atomiswave for ages now and being let down by sellers not replying etc and here one pops up down the road from me ! Hopefully the seller has a change of heart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

what would be a reasonable price to pay for this all in?
    was considering bidding, but the £38.90 postage they quoted me (registered, insured,etc) is a bit offputting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Ask them if you can do the courier yourself (usually about £20, up to £20 insurance)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Flogging a Sidewinder Force feedback joystick, price is very negotiable would probably swap for a few Megadrive/Snes/NES carts.

http://www.adverts.ie/accessories/microsoft-sidewinder-2-force-feedback-joystick/1569686

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

OwaynOTT wrote: »

Holy smokes! Would each neo geo game be worth £80 each on average?

That's pretty much what the current bid is clocking.

I know each game has a different value and what not.

Edit: Jaysus just saw the shipping price there, and the fact there's a full 9 days left! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

I see now the shipping price is just a placeholder:

"I haven't checked the exact price for postage in the UK or Worldwide but will add that later. I can't see it being cheap though. It would have to be fully insured to protect all parties.
    Postage listed isn't correct but eBay forces you to add it."

Some auction though!

waveform wrote: »
    I see now the shipping price is just a placeholder:

"I haven't checked the exact price for postage in the UK or Worldwide but will add that later. I can't see it being cheap though. It would have to be fully insured to protect all parties.
    Postage listed isn't correct but eBay forces you to add it."

Some auction though!

I can drive over and collect for £800 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,426 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Simple answer - you're not! Only drug lords and IT related billionares collect for the AES.

The rest of us buy one of these -

superneoconvertorblue.jpg

And use MVS carts!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Get yourself a proper MVS board and do it properly, pantry peasant!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Get yourself a proper MVS board and do it properly, pantry peasant!

He has a 4 or 6 slot one iirc. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Andrew76 wrote: »

Touche!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Touche!

4 is excessive and well 6 is just compensating.. :D

Yeah was looking at a converter but pricey enough as well. Think I might just become a drug lord be handier, just call me EscobarOTT from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,426 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »

Unfortunately for me, a 6 slot. Was grand when I had a woody cab (6 MVS games at the touch of a button was rather cool), not so useful anymore though.

Sold off my 1 slot when I got it. Should have kept the thing. :(

Might be worth sticking on your watch list if your're looking to kick start a Sega Megadrive collection. Shipping a bit steep though..

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/ULTIMATE-SEGA-BUNDLE-SEGA-MEGA-CD-2-SEGA-MEGA-DRIVE-32X-RARE-/300700929639?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameConsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item46032c0e67#ht_1402wt_1054

• Advertisement

Might be worth sticking on your watch list if your're looking to kick start a Sega Megadrive collection. Shipping a bit steep though..

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/ULTIMATE-SEGA-BUNDLE-SEGA-MEGA-CD-2-SEGA-MEGA-DRIVE-32X-RARE-/300700929639?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameConsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item46032c0e67#ht_1402wt_1054

That shipping isn't that bad, considering. It's a heavy enough trilogy of consoles that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

EnterNow wrote: »
    That shipping isn't that bad, considering. It's a heavy enough trilogy of consoles that :)
    I can ship a pool table to the UK for €20 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

pool-table-16.jpg

€40 for three consoles? Seriously, I've seen worse. Much worse.

€40 for three consoles? Seriously, I've seen worse. Much worse.

I've paid worse for shipping a single console !!

I've paid worse for shipping a single console !!

There you go, I think it's a reasonable enough postal cost given the package.

UK post is set to rise in May, god knows what we'll be facing :rolleyes:

There you go, I think it's a reasonable enough postal cost given the package.

UK post is set to rise in May, god knows what we'll be facing :rolleyes:

Ya but I was stupid to pay that much for postage !!

On a side note, just got refunded £1.20 cus the guy quoted me too much in postage for a SNES cart :)

Ya but I was stupid to pay that much for postage !!

On a side note, just got refunded £1.20 cus the guy quoted me too much in postage for a SNES cart :)

Unexpected refunds are the ebay equivalent of finding a fiver in an old jacket.

After I got that neo geo I found 25 euro in an coat left in the car. Made me feel a little less remorse and I also got a batter burger.

Neo Geo, free wheelie bag, 25euro in my coat pocket and a batter burger. That was a great day.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

After I got that neo geo I found 25 euro in an coat left in the car. Made me feel a little less remorse and I also got a batter burger.

Neo Geo, free wheelie bag, 25euro in my coat pocket and a batter burger. That was a great day.

That does sound like a great day! Mmmmmm batter burger, mmmmmmmmm batter burger with curry sauce... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

You should never eat a batter burger found in a car, in fact never eat a found batter burger, actually best off to just not eat batter burgers.:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement