Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

• Registered Users Posts: 34,367 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

WHY IS EVERYONE SELLING EVERYTHING?!!?!?

Is doomsday on the way or something? Did I miss a memo?!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »

Making way for the next generation of retro collectors. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

EnterNow wrote: »
    Thats how you do business, a fair asking price & a fair offer. Deal done cool.png

Sweet. Cheers EN. I've been after a nice Vectrex for bloody ages but, after reading and seeing some of the horror stories here with people buying from overseas, albeit as close as the UK, it really put me off so, I've been waiting for something local to pop up.
    Andrew76 wrote: »
    :D

Relikk is a quality buyer. No messing about. :cool:

Quality goods deserve proper treatment, good sir! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »

It looks like I've been selling off half my collection :D But I havn't really. I'm selling my console doubles, & simply changing my pal snes stuff to ntsc.

As for the Veccie, I really never ever use it. And havn't done since I got it, it's collecting dust here & taking up shelf space too. I can picture a nice Famicom in its place though ;)
    Relikk wrote: »
    Sweet. Cheers EN. I've been after a nice Vectrex for bloody ages but, after reading and seeing some of the horror stories here with people buying from overseas, albeit as close as the UK, it really put me off so, I've been waiting for something local to pop up.

Not a bother, as I said, I'm chuffed its going to a good home & staying in the 'boards family' per se.
    Quality goods deserve proper treatment, good sir! ;)

Indeed! I tip my hate good sir :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Damn, I turned people onto the Veccy and now they are all leaving, party over.... I feel saddened....

I'll never be selling mine though, we've been through too much together.
    Then again, I did trade my Nuon for a PS3......

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Incredible deal here, just sold.
    A boxed GBA, boxed Mariokart Super Circuit and boxed Zelda Links Awakening, plus a charger, battery pack and carrying pouch.... for €25!
    http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/gameboy-advance-with-2-games/2210922
    Had I spotted it I would have bought it and sold it in pieces, sure the boxed GBA is worth more than the €25 alone, as is the CIB Zelda.
    A nice little earner, so I hope it's gone to someone who'll play it rather than asset strip it, like me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Haha, the buyer's picture is appropriate

• Registered Users Posts: 10,532 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Incredible deal here, just sold.
    A boxed GBA, boxed Mariokart Super Circuit and boxed Zelda Links Awakening, plus a charger, battery pack and carrying pouch.... for €25!
    http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/gameboy-advance-with-2-games/2210922
    Had I spotted it I would have bought it and sold it in pieces, sure the boxed GBA is worth more than the €25 alone, as is the CIB Zelda.
    A nice little earner, so I hope it's gone to someone who'll play it rather than asset strip it, like me!

Crap! Didn't realise the Zelda game was boxed and it only up the road from since I moved!
    Tried the auld next in line bit there, no dealing with pm though just hoping.

HMV Swords have for Pandora's Tower for 22.99, probably the lowest you'll get it before it disappears.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Poo, missed out on that vectrex

Andrew if your selling that Wily Wars, let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

HMV Swords have for Pandora's Tower for 22.99, probably the lowest you'll get it before it disappears.

Is it the limited edition big box version?

Is it the limited edition big box version?

The box was black, that's all I got...

Master of the Universe

Weird looking PS1 Pepsi kiosk, apparantly really rare.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271082334943

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭RNB

Master of the Universe

RNB wrote: »

Oh god, do want!

Price drop.

RNB wrote: »

Ah, I remember those.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,847 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I posted this a while back. The guy who made it is now selling.
    Tis a beautiful ugly monster :)

$(KGrHqRHJDQFBo6qHoS2BQf1wnCi3w~~60_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Sega-Fusion-All-in-1-Genesis-SegaCD-32X-Custom-Console-/321004410960

I think he did a fantastic job on the fabrication of it, yeah its ugly but its damned cool :cool:

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

The build quality is really professional. Bidding has gone mental on it. Can't wait to see what that ends on.

Here's a funky one, ever want to dress like a vault dweller from Fallout?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Fallout-3-Vault-Boy-108-Jumpsuit-Costume-w-Ammo-Utility-Cartridge-Belt-/300796891197

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Another mini clearout
    http://www.adverts.ie/2222831 PS1 D (Warp)

A few boxed SNES/meg NES games , unboxed FFVII , etc
    http://www.adverts.ie/2222860

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

great pressie for someone (like from me to me), would need to use Parcel Motel though or else the postage is crazy

31tpxGroObL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mario-Cherry-Sours-Super-Mushroom/dp/B005AGO30C/ref=lh_ni_t

they also do Green Mushroom (Apple Flavoured), Super Star (Lemon), and Coin Box designs

Save yourself some money and look in Claire's Accessories, there's a branch in the Pavilion in Swords, I was in there some months ago, with the wife... against my will, when my attention was distracted by Mario Bros sweets in Ninty themed tin containers, much like the one you posted.

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/nintendo-nes-bundle-mario-turtles-donkey-kong-simpsons-etc/2224182

Some NES game y'all.
    Donkey Kong is in top notch condition, apart from the tear which is a major pity. Would of kept it otherwise.
    Carts are very nice.

Have a massive SNES bundle of games to go up as well.

Enjoyed the last link?
    Wait, there's more!
    http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/super-nintendo-snes-game-bundle-some-actual-r-re-games-l-k-megaman-terranigma-sunset-riders-kirby-etc/2224245

Feast yours eyes on that!

Seriously though I expect that lot to sell my Sunday afternoon for the full asking price and that's no word of a lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I love how the chap didn't feel as though he was lowballing you quite enough, in the space of about 2 minutes.

Well, if I had 500 I'd give it to you for them, it's a lovely collection, why on earth would you be parted from them?

Yeah don't envy you having to sell those snes carts man, the lowballing has already begun! Why are you selling?

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Well, if I had 500 I'd give it to you for them, it's a lovely collection, why on earth would you be parted from them?
    EnterNow wrote: »
    Yeah don't envy you having to sell those snes carts man, the lowballing has already begun! Why are you selling?

I'd be suprized if I actually will get them sold through adverts but I thought I'd try. Have a bit of a soft spot for that nuthouse.
    Thinking of going all NTSC on my Snes stuff and trying to go fully boxed for everything I can.
    I've not listed everything, as I've that many and more again boxed for the Snes and I don't know what to do with them. Keep and have boxed pal and NTSC or sell and forever regret it.
    I know the boxes aren't a big concern for a lot around here but I try and get as good a condition box as possible and with Snes it can be a bit of a trial.
    Also better to try and get them now before the spiral even dither out of control price wise.
    Ill come clean and say, that I am also considering still collecting boxed pal titles, boxes are nicer as opposed to the black trimmed US ones, and cart only for US unless its a American exclusive.
    Also will be looking at super famicom games that aren't too text heavy.

The worse thing I did was to get a US Snes. I was happy in my pal ignorance, damn it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement