Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

eShop Release List (Updated Every Thursday)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Jaunty = accent agony...
    still, I've heard worse in TV programs and movies...

Most disturbing things in the game:
    The creepy twisted music box music in the Asylum, and the crazy laughter and music as you chased the Home Improvement Killer through the derilect building...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

This week its
    1080 snowboarding...N64
    Riot Zone...Turbografx.

1080 ftw!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭Shred

Jaunty = accent agony...

The creepy twisted music box music in the Asylum, and the crazy laughter and music as you chased the Home Improvement Killer through the derilect building...

Whoa, someone else who loves Shadowman as much as I do! There's very few of us, most people don't remember it or have never even heard of it! What a massively underrated game that was, it was absolutely dripping with atmosphere. I would absolutely love for it to come out on the VC even though I still have the cart with my N64 upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

Shadowman gets my vote as well. It wasn't without its problems, but still a great game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

Jaunty = accent agony...

Or the screaming baby noise that came out of nowhere as you were going through the asylum...*shudder*

Loved that game, I recall it had a pretty strange way for unlocking secrets, did you have to stand on a particular part of the level or something?

• Advertisement

Seems to be just one.
    Yet another Street Fighter 2 spin off.
    Street Fighter II:The New challengers
    for anyone who is interested.

How many times are they gonna release it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

which is the best version of street fighter 2?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They really need to start releasing more games each week. We've had only 1 or 2 games the past few weeks. Really frustrating when you consider the catalogue of games on each of the systems represented. Still SSF2 is a great game, shame you need a third party controller to make it playable and it's not the arcade version.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Meh... another dull week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

Niall0 wrote: »
    which is the best version of street fighter 2?

I also wonder... The New Challengers or Turbo? Or regular?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Street Fighter 2 turbo and Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo are by far the best versions. The new challengers (which is this release) is quite unbalanced and was said to be rushed by capcom. T hawk is far too powerful in this version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Street Fighter 2 Special Championship Edition on the Mega Drive was the best.

That speed at the time!!! OMFG, it made me a street fighter king. Every other version felt so slow in comparison, you could do 6/7 hit combos with Ken, before combos were even part of the game, because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

crap week again

Street Fighter 2 Special Championship Edition on the Mega Drive was the best.

That speed at the time!!! OMFG, it made me a street fighter king. Every other version felt so slow in comparison, you could do 6/7 hit combos with Ken, before combos were even part of the game, because of it.

It was until street fighter 2 turbo on the SNES came out which was a much superior version of the megadrive game.

Looks like Nintendo have slipped into a once a week habit.......

Adventures of Lolo 2 (NES)

Is the well running dry after 14 months? :rolleyes:

(Updating the Mii Contest channel with parental controls does not count as a release, or even as an interesting Wii update)

Mr E wrote: »

Is the well running dry after 14 months? :rolleyes:

somehow i think the makers of the old console games are starting to see a bit of a cash cow and probobly are unwilling to release now without looking for more money or a cut etc. etc.

methinks everyone underestimated the popularity of the Wii

stevoman wrote: »
    somehow i think the makers of the old console games are starting to see a bit of a cash cow and probobly are unwilling to release now without looking for more money or a cut etc. etc.

methinks everyone underestimated the popularity of the Wii

Havent they thousands of Nintendo developed games with nothing more to pay for?
    1 game a week is simply not good enough...unless its Smash 64, Majora's mask, Banjo, Conker or something of that calibre

Havent they thousands of Nintendo developed games with nothing more to pay for?
    1 game a week is simply not good enough...unless its Smash 64, Majora's mask, Banjo, Conker or something of that calibre

Yes but some of the big game company's - sega, electronic arts etc may be putting up a bit of a fence for them. I dot know its just a guess im no expert nor do i claim to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Not many n64 games out , there was some real gems there, id love to be albe to play wcw/nwo revenge and wwf no mercy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

stevoman wrote: »
    Yes but some of the big game company's - sega, electronic arts etc may be putting up a bit of a fence for them. I dot know its just a guess im no expert nor do i claim to be.

I doubt that Sega would be holding them back

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

lords of thunder ??? hardly a show stopper.

god help us tisnt like they dont have an amazing back catalog to pull from , where is starfox and mario kart

horgan_p wrote: »
    lords of thunder ??? hardly a show stopper.

And you would be very much wrong. Lords of Thunder is regarded as one of the greatest games ever in it's genre and far and away the best shmup on the Turbografx-16, a console filled to the brim with excellent shmups. I've played it on an emulator, it rocks. I for one will be downloading this immediately after I get home, what a great hangover cure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Fook it.

I want California Games and Marble Madness on the NES.

It ain't fair goddammit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭radioactiveman

Got the wii there about 3 weeks ago
    Very first game I downloaded was R-type & haven't downloaded anything since. The graphics were a bit disappointing a first but they seem to be the exact graphics used in the arcade version (circa 1990...!)
    Would definitely recommend it, still can't get past the ship on level 3 though........
    probably better entertainment wiggling in between bombs than call of duty 3 (at times anyway:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

I want Smash Bros and Majora's mask so bad... Imagine Perfect Dark or Jet Force Gemini! Sigh... There hasn't been a game out I want in ages... Will they start on Gameboy games maybe? Or ever update a game to wii controls? Dyis think...

Eternal Champions and Phantasy Star II for the megadrive....

Mr E wrote: »
    Eternal Champions and Phantasy Star II for the megadrive....

Not bad, eternal champions is a bit crap but phantasy star 2 is supposedly great if a little old school and really tough. I'll pick it up, finished phantasy star 1 recently and need an excuse to play PS2.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Not many n64 games out , there was some real gems there, id love to be albe to play wcw/nwo revenge and wwf no mercy

oh yeah, those games kicked ass! the recent onces the developers have gotten lazy, i used to be able to play those games for hours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

oh yeah, those games kicked ass! the recent onces the developers have gotten lazy, i used to be able to play those games for hours!

The only regret I have about that game is that I never did get enough cash to buy the 'ho...

And with regards releases, I want Sparkster.

• Advertisement

Gizzle wrote: »
    And with regards releases, I want Sparkster.

I hope you mean the snes version which was amazing and not the crappy megadrive game. Still think Rocket Knight Adventures is way better than the snes sparkster.

Advertisement