Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Louth

Options
  • 29-01-2004 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

ok, i dont live in a backward place, it may be in the country, but still, this area deserves broadband as much as the next, so i ask.... will these lines ever be upgraded to incoporate broadband facilities. i live 9 miles from dundalk, 6 from ardee and 5 from carrick, 3/4 from louth village.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by wild_eyed
    ok, i dont live in a backward place, it may be in the country, but still, this area deserves broadband as much as the next, so i ask.... will these lines ever be upgraded to incoporate broadband facilities. i live 9 miles from dundalk, 6 from ardee and 5 from carrick, 3/4 from louth village.

never hahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

F*ck Eircom, I live in Ardee and I'm on wireless broadband with Net1.

www.net1.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭wild_eyed

what are net1 like? are the speeds consistant? gimme the low down, i was looking at their site earlier, im already paying more than 50 euros a month on dialup. i hate those startup fees? do u own the equipment by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Does anyone know if dere's a wireless broadband transmitter on mt. oriel (to the north of Collon? I can see the hill directly from my house and i live about 4 miles from it. Is there any non-profit nodes in the area either?
    Any reply would be received with thanks:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    never hahahaha

Its sad that you are only half as witty as you were last year and that the progression is linear too.

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Gibs

hey wild_eyed,
    If you are paying 50 euro a month on dialup you should really consider one of the flat-rate dial-up packages. Afaik UTV charge about 25 euro per month for 180 hours and Eircon have something similar.

It may not be BB but at least you can get something approaching affordability

if someone mite offer insight into www.net1.ie
    , i.e. are they any good, i mite consider there bb package, its wireless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by wild_eyed
    if someone mite offer insight into www.net1.ie
    , i.e. are they any good, i mite consider there bb package, its wireless.
    Try the Broadband forum. Here's a thread from there that mentions someone who is happy with the service:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128619&highlight=net1

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

moving to Broadband - I think you'll get a better answer to specific services over there

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Net1

At the moment we have several bases up and running in the Mid Louth area, with coverage from the outskirts of Drogheda, through the centre of the county to approximately Dromiskin. This is of course line of sight dependant, however from what I can gather you are in the Tallanstown area, an area which enjoys coverage from two of our current base stations.
    In a question to the other poster, could you be more specific to your location with reference to mount oriel - and I should be able to give you an honest answer as to whether or not there is coverage in your area.
    With reference to the install prices, Net1 Home and Net1 Business have the installation subsidised. Net1 Lite is not subsidised, but offers 4xISDN for less than the cost of 1X €ircom BRA unit monthly rental. Unfortunately, unlike other telecom providers who send their service down a cable, our inverstment in each customer is quite high, from the Expensive NON Wifi kit, to having installers erect an antenna on your premises.
    We are totally opposed to Caps and download limits (naturally everyone won't download a full of the pipe 140G per month and it is on this basis that we are saying we dont have caps)

• Advertisement

welcome abroad boards net1, yes im in the tallanstown area. will give ye a buzz during the week for a chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Hi Net1,
    I live around the tullyesker hill area (a bit NW of it) and I can see Mt. Oriel from my house. I'm ESE from it.

Advertisement