Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Used consoles and games

• 18-07-2003 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭

Where is the best place int his country to buy used consoles and games. I know of the two places near Connolly Station on Talbot St, is there anymore?

Currently have a Xbox, PS1(evil), PS2, SNES and N64. Want to get a Dreamcast, Megadrive and 32X(for nostalgic value). Had most early consoles as a kid but I dont know what happened to them. Any other suggestions besides the Master System or the NES?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If you can get your hands on PC engine or Neo Geo CD then you should get them. Most of the dublin stores have been raided for neglected classics over the last few years, probably mostly by me :-) , so you will be lucky to find anything more classic than Fifa (insert year here). Your best bet is ebay for classic games but be prepared to pay an arm and a leg for some. Most of the ebay traders can be trusted. However on line traders on websites are fairly dodgy. I'd be weary of online traders with second hand games. Out of 7 second hand games I got on line 2 have worked and those 2 needed cleaning before they worked while I have had no trouble with anything from ebay..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Unknown

Yeah, eBay is the best bet, UK or US depending on which version your console is. While many sellers are reluctant to ship internationally, and the UK use the god awful pound currency, its a solid option.

If your looking for more recent (Dreamcast) or popular (Mega Drive) consoles, it wouldn't be a bad idea checking out the Buy and Sell. Its crappy for individual games, but on consoles you could do worse.

The Saturn is another good console however most of its great games are either near extinction or Japan-only...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Everybody can bow down and kiss my ass cause i just bought a brand new..err..old, SNES, boxed, and still in its shrink wrapping with donkey cong country 2. Oh. Yes.
    Now im debating wether or not i should actually open it and play it hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭weemcd

car boot sales, youd be amazed at old consoles selling there. ps i'm surprised you can't get a dreamcast anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I have looked about, alot of them seem way over priced to be honest... Just want to know if there is any good sources that tend to be well stocked or anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

i put up an ad on the wanted forum a few weeks ago looking for a mega drive....sadly nobody looks in the wanted forum, but this would be a really good place to find sellers if everyone looked...i mean, lots of people have to have them lying around and not want them...
    Deadwing Everybody can bow down and kiss my ass cause i just bought a brand new..err..old, SNES, boxed,

we can't all get such sweet deals..."bizznitch"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Originally posted by passive
    we can't all get such sweet deals..."bizznitch"

Ill sell it to you for 100 euro hehehe..thats a pretty sweet deal...FOR ME!! :D

Advertisement