Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bad News for Nintendo?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,456 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Nintendo really does seem to be losing the plot :/ the importing business is just crazy, if it released the games over here on time, then it might(might) have a leg to stand on.

Their image as a gamers' company is really being destroyed with all this carry-on (even though they're just profit hungry maniacs :), at least they had the pretense there before) the whole faster sequels things is also going to play into this.

Have 2 gba's and a cube here, and the support for them is crap, how does the importing clampdown affect people with ntsc machines ? Not allowed to buy games for their machine anymore ? If anything it will promote piracy as the black market will be the only place to get games.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Scottish

I don't understand the perverse release policy. Apparently Winning Eleven (Pro Evo Soccer) on the GC is far superior to the PS2 Pro Evo Soccer releases. But its only out in Japan, and that isn't going to change. Bizzare, as it would be a real console shifter if its as good as the reports suggest.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Their advertising in Europe is also ridiculous i.e. it's non-existant. They just don't even bother in Europe. I was in America resently and Nintendo had by far the biggest advert campaigns in all the games stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

i don't remember ever seeing a gamecube advert, i don't know what they're doing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

Originally posted by Scottish
    I don't understand the perverse release policy. Apparently Winning Eleven (Pro Evo Soccer) on the GC is far superior to the PS2 Pro Evo Soccer releases. But its only out in Japan, and that isn't going to change. Bizzare, as it would be a real console shifter if its as good as the reports suggest.

This is a crazy notion esp seen a soccer games will always sell exponetially better outside of the aisan/american market. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think that is more to do with Konami and not Nintendo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

yeah I would really like to see Nintendo do like Sega ie multi platform

THey suck @ bring a console manufacturer with their own exclusives only for that system. Its getting to the stage where all they will have for GC titles are N exclusives.

All the bigger multi platform and some major retailers are dropping the GC. Its widely know that N allows small porfit markups for third party publishers and this coupled with dropping console sales means that GC and GBA look less and less attractive.

But Nintendo keeps on goin on its merry way failing to address any of the above issues, if the Pokeman franchise ever fades Nintendo will drop like a stone.

Don't think Nintendo will be giving up just yet. As long as Nintendo keeps making exceptional games the die hard fans will keep buying the consoles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Kalina

I used to be a big Nintendo fan and still would consider buying a GC- except for the fact that I wouldn't have a clue what games are out that are worth buying. The obvious console to buy is the PS2, cos of the availability of great games!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Did anyone read the article linked to above?
    Its about Lik Sang and thier little tool that allows you to rip GBA roms from carts and save them on your PC.
    Thats what Nintendo was fighting and won.

I cant believe they keep games back but would prefer they kept making their own systems for their own games for a few reaons,
    Their games are better than everyone elses.
    Their hardware is usually better.
    Gamepads are well made and well thought out and comfortable.
    I bought a GC simply for Zelda got a few games for it but mainly the reason was Zelda.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

i have a gc ................ I like it its grapics are currently better than my pc the game,s are top class rouge trooper zelda iss 3 etc etc......... But as good as it is the control design etc is i more than likely will never buy nintendo or any console again whats the bloody point

PS2 games are rubbish
    xbox - i personaly just wont buy one
    GC - not anuff game,s and still tomany game,s aimed at under 12,s

pc.s are the only good platform around for every thing you like RTS games Fps etc etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

N should of merged with Sega the second the playstation was seen they would been much better then . pitty the company wont be supporting the gc anymore a well i never liked there games..

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

I have played winning eleven 6, it is more or less the same as pro evolution 2, but its on gamecube so i prefer it cos the ps2 sucks. I think there is some deal between Konami and Sony that means it cant be released in europ on any other format which is a shame as winning eleven would shift cubes if it was released in Europe. But then again N dont give a crap about Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭deadduck

In a recent Famitsu interview the GameCube 2 was mentioned.

Famitsu recently interviewed Nintendo, one of the topics that arose was the GameCube 2. An extract can be seen below.

Famitsu:So how is the next GameCube (NES 5) working out?
    Nintendo PR: Development is proceeding, and we won't be putting it out after other companies' launch periods, but all I can say for now is that we'd like for you to wait and look forward to it. However, Nintendo has always been striving to create, develop and chase after new types of games, so I think we'd like to have a platform where we can make that kind of software.

Famitsu:Will it be network compatible and will Nintendo make Online games?
    Nintendo PR: As long as the rate of broadband installation isn't up there with TV sets, then online play can't be the core of business development no matter what hardware manufacturer you are, regardless of whether it's included as a feature or not.

Famitsu:Will the GameCube 2 launch with a Mario game?
    Nintendo PR: I can't comment about that at this point. If that's the impression our fans have, though, then I guess that shows how expectant everyone is.

Thery're gonna be around for a while yet, they've a crap load of money stored away from they're glory days. And with the release of some big games soon,( f-zero, soul caliber 2, mario kart, etc) i reckon its gonna get a bit rosier for nintendo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

What the ****?

Winning Eleven 6 is the EXACT ****en same on the PS2 as it is on the GC. Winning Eleven 6 Final Evolution is the enhanced Japanese version which happens to be on GC as well as PS2 and believe it or not, slowdowns are common on the GC for this particular game.

Also PS2 games are not rubbish. I hate all you haters...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

I hate all you haters...

Um ok then ................... Moveing a long nicely ........Nintendo will be around for a long time to come However they wont last as long as Playstation if they dont fecking cop on !

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

Winning Eleven 6 is the EXACT ****en same on the PS2 as it is on the GC.

Well no its not. Its more or less the same, but there are differences which make it better. The graphics are better, the gameplay is smoother and personally i prefer playing it on gc because i prefer the joypad.
    I have been playing the game for about a month now and havent noticed any slowdown. I have Pro Evolution 2 on PS2 and Winning Eleven is deffinatley better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭deadduck

winning 11 on the gc is better than the ps2 version, mostly due to the fact that the gc is a faster, better machine, with a better joypad, and its got a few little things which make it more enjoyable, little tweaks to the menus etc. as for slow down, shut the **** up, theres none at all you idiot. you've obviously never played the game or you'd know its better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I got a GBA and I find it really hard to get games for it as I live in a small town and theres not a big selection in any of the shops if there are more games out there I can't see them. Theres not enough selection for any of the Nintendo systems as far as I can see.

Advertisement