Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due October 2014.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Marz66

Another Sept arrival from the October thread here!

Had a healthy baby boy last Monday - due early October. Absolutely in love with him and wish everyone else the best with their births.

I might share the birth story some time but short version is induction which ended in c section. Labour wasn't a happy experience but I was happy with the c section experience if that makes any sense - I was awake and so happy to meet my baby. Bonded with him straightaway. Had big trouble with latching on so expressing into bottles and so far so good there. Happy out.

Piece of advice for dads - my oh ended up with a lot of jobs such as laundry, bringing in extra blankets, buying breast pump etc. If there is anyone else who can do those jobs get them to do it cos the dads need their after work time/paternity leave to get to know their baby. Also I had c section to recover from so needed him at hospital rather than at home washing baby gros. As I said he is the dad not the maid so we quickly learnt to delegate those jobs. Give spare house key to someone who can pick stuff up for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Started out in this group with EDD of Oct 1st then dates changed to Sept 25th (original dates in fact). Swapped back to Sept group and now here I am 40+6 waiting to be induced this morning so Oct 1st babba after all!

V nervous but exciting times ahead as hopefully meet our little bubs today, everything going well. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

73trix wrote: »
    Started out in this group with EDD of Oct 1st then dates changed to Sept 25th (original dates in fact). Swapped back to Sept group and now here I am 40+6 waiting to be induced this morning so Oct 1st babba after all!

V nervous but exciting times ahead as hopefully meet our little bubs today, everything going well. Fingers crossed.

Best of luck today, hope it all goes to plan and you have your little bundle very soon!

Soooo slow..... Have had 2 gels and nothing. Was hoping to avoid drip but unless things progress during the nite it's the drip tomo as can't have anymore gels. Thought I'd started contractions earlier and was v excited but midwife told me they were "tightenings" not proper contractions. Can't believe I've been in hospital nearly 48hrs and still not in labour. Groan...Baby is fine tho and just not ready to make an appearance!

• Advertisement

Ah god love ya, really hope baba makes an enterance soon for you, I'd say it's so frustrating! Hope things quicken up over the night!

I found the drip tough 73trix but remember pain relief is there if you need it. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭user37

Best of luck with the drip...hope things will get started soon for you!

I'm 37 weeks and the babies head isnt engaged yet. The midwife told me this should happen around the 34-36 week mark for your first baby.
    She started talking about a possible section but said shed give it another 2 weeks.
    Was/Is any of you guys like this at this stage with your first?
    Sick with worry as i really want to avoid a section if at all possible.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 32 murphy2

73trix wrote: »
    Soooo slow..... Have had 2 gels and nothing. Was hoping to avoid drip but unless things progress during the nite it's the drip tomo as can't have anymore gels. Thought I'd started contractions earlier and was v excited but midwife told me they were "tightenings" not proper contractions. Can't believe I've been in hospital nearly 48hrs and still not in labour. Groan...Baby is fine tho and just not ready to make an appearance!

Hope everything is going well for you and things get moving for you soon. 48 hours is a long time, you will be exhausted!
    Best of luck though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 murphy2

user37 wrote: »
    Best of luck with the drip...hope things will get started soon for you!

I'm 37 weeks and the babies head isnt engaged yet. The midwife told me this should happen around the 34-36 week mark for your first baby.
    She started talking about a possible section but said shed give it another 2 weeks.
    Was/Is any of you guys like this at this stage with your first?
    Sick with worry as i really want to avoid a section if at all possible.

Thanks

I'm 36 weeks tomorrow and still haven't dropped.
    I have my doctors appointment tomorrow though so will ask then.
    Would really rather not have a section either.
    Hopefully there's still time for the babies to drop down into position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭househunter

I don't think my baby's head was engaged at all until I went into labour on my first. A c section was never even mentioned!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Well we are in hospital waters broke today. Tabs at 3 to help move along and if nothing induction starts at 9. This time tomorrow....

greenman09 wrote: »
    Well we are in hospital waters broke today. Tabs at 3 to help move along and if nothing induction starts at 9. This time tomorrow....

Best of luck you guys!

Baby Fionn arrived yesterday 1.52pm weighing. 9 lb 3 oz. Of course he is perfection itself! Soooo thrilled, in love and in awe! Bf going good so far.In the end, consultant decided yest morning that it was taking too long with induction, decided to skip the drip and that the safest option was section. Also because I was 41 wks yest and due to my own age, 41 yrs it was safest.Waters had broken 53 hrs by then so he was keen for babba to get going. CS was so quick, it's amazing going in and knowing baby will be born in 5 mins! Never made the labour part but so be it. :-DSo emotional and definitely the best day of my LIFE!

Huge congratulations, delighted baba has made it safe and sound. Hope you're getting plenty of rest too!

I'm 40 weeks on wed, midwife says there's not much chance of baba coming by himself, they've transferred me to Team E in the Coombe this day week, and they'll make the decision to induce or send me back to Domino and give it a few more days, so it's just a waiting game now!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭user37

murphy2 wrote: »
    I'm 36 weeks tomorrow and still haven't dropped.
    I have my doctors appointment tomorrow though so will ask then.
    Would really rather not have a section either.
    Hopefully there's still time for the babies to drop down into position.

Well, how did you get on at your appointment...did your babies head drop yet?
    Geting close now :)

Baby girl delivered by section last night. Healthy 7lbs 6. Most beautiful thing in the world. Long labour of 15 hrs til the decision was taken for a section. Head wasn't in right position. Scared the life out of us but both are safe and healthy. Level of care and information in the Coombe is amazing. Always there to help when needed. 9 days early and looking great. Hated leaving them in hospital last night.

Congrats greenman - it is such a nice time, enjoy her.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭househunter

Still here. 3 days overdue now. Only went 2 days over on my son so had somehow convinced myself that I'd go sooner this time :(

greenman09 wrote: »
    Baby girl delivered by section last night. Healthy 7lbs 6. Most beautiful thing in the world. Long labour of 15 hrs til the decision was taken for a section. Head wasn't in right position. Scared the life out of us but both are safe and healthy. Level of care and information in the Coombe is amazing. Always there to help when needed. 9 days early and looking great. Hated leaving them in hospital last night.

Congrats Green Man! Enjoy every minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Little Jamie born on Thursday. 8lbs 7 oz and all great. Got him home today and he's feeding and sleeping so all good. Was 11 days over and a tough labour but all worth it. Don't know how you women do it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Little Jamie born on Thursday. 8lbs 7 oz and all great. Got him home today and he's feeding and sleeping so all good. Was 11 days over and a tough labour but all worth it. Don't know how you women do it!
    Congrats and Jamie is a lovely name...

My little bundle arrived Monday the 20th, weighing a whopping 9lb4oz, a far cry from the 7lb5oz I was sworn he was the week before!! Was induced this day last week, had a horrific reaction with pain and bleeding, and was brought to the delivery room about 4 hours after. Had 18 hours worth of labour in 2 1/2 hours, baby was in distress and was delivered by emergency section. The staff with the exception of 1 midwife on the induction ward were brilliant, I was in theatre about 3 minutes after the consultant said baby had turned and would be impossible to deliver. Happy now at home, despite the screaming and 3 am feeds!

Big congrats! isn't it so great to get home.

Hope everyone went or is doing well with their little ones. Been an eventful 3 and half weeks for us. Taking the little one to get registered today. She's getting very long in such a short space of time. People say blink and you miss it and it's too true

Congrats on the latest arrivals!

Going good here at 5 weeks, more into the swing of things, been out for a few walks and the odd outing. Good to get some fresh air. He's started sleeping longer at night - 4-5 hours sometimes!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭tracey1098

Hi everyone! I was due a week ago now & still waiting. Back to hospital in Tuesday. Just wondering if anyone had a sweep done? I'm desperate to get things moving! Feel like I've wasted so much of my maternity time already!!
    Any advice appreciated
    Xx

How are all the October babies and their mammies? My little fella is 9 wks now and doing great. It is getting easier each week and I'm really enjoying him more. That first few wks was really tough going for this rookie mammy. He is sleeping better now-4hrs stretches have made a big difference as have the spreading out of feeds to 3-4 hrs. He's v a smiley, cooey little bundle of joy! So cool watching him develop.

We are much the same here. 1st 3 weeks in particular were tough but looking back that tiny little newborn phase went so fast.

My fella had been sleeping well at night (5 hours sometimes) but bad for daytime naps. We're now getting regular naps during the day but waking more often at night. Loving the alertness though. Today he turned his head to look at me, not just followed me with his eyes 😊

OMG! Little man has just slept 10.30pm - 5.30 am..Record so far! Sooo proud! :-

Fluke I'm sure... But will grab with both hands!
    :-)

This thread has gone so quiet...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Super quiet!

My little girl is 12 weeks old today (she arrived almost 4 weeks early on September 15th, just couldn't wait for October :-) ) and I can hardly believe it.

She is such a good baby it's almost as though she was made to order. She is a great eater and sleeper. When she was 8 weeks old I started a routine with her and now she goes upstairs to her room for her last feed between 9:30-10:00 and has a big feed and into her basket she goes. She gets a dream feed then at about 11pm and sleeps until around 7am. This last week it's been 7:30/7:45 when she has been waking. If can hardly believe it.

I'm absolutely loving being her Mum. She is developing lots now, smiles on demand, lots of chat and fun with her. Sometimes it just takes my breath away how much I love her and how fabulous she is.

I however have been having some on going issues post delivery and am back to the hospital yet again to attempt to get them resolved. I'm very unimpressed with this aspect of the maternity services I have to admit.
    My pregnancy was brilliant, the delivery was grand (as they go), midwives who delivered the baby were great. However I've had to push continually to get this post partum matter dealt with and I'm not happy with how flippant they doctors are being about it.
    In the grand scheme of things though it's a small enough matter as my baby is healthy and happy and we're all doing/ will be grand in the end.

Advertisement