Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

placenta and afterbirth

• 08-10-2014 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭

hi .

my beautiful girlfiend is due in 2 weeks .

what are my options to eat the afterbirth ? i can get tablets made from the palcenta . both are life . i would believe that eating them raw is best but i don't think i could stomch that

so any idea what my options are ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

As far as I know there is a book of placenta recipes. I'm on mobile so can't google it for you but if you do a search it should come up.

*wonders if eating placenta is technically cannibalism. Also wonders if I ate my own placenta would I still be vegetarian**

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭josealdo

Whispered wrote: »
    As far as I know there is a book of placenta recipes. I'm on mobile so can't google it for you but if you do a search it should come up.

*wonders if eating placenta is technically cannibalism. Also wonders if I ate my own placenta would I still be vegetarian**

its looks like liver so i guess it ain't vegetarian

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

figs666 wrote: »
    its looks like liver so i guess it ain't vegetarian

Yep but does it count as eating meat if it's my own meat? :D

Anyway off topic.

Good luck finding what you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

The tablets are very expensive afaik, you can cook it and eat it and its thought to be quite good for the mother to do that. I couldn't after looking at it but I took it home and fed it to my dogs who loved it :D Just let the midwife know at the delivery that you intend to bring it home as they will be able to bag it up and label it for you, otherwise it will just be treated as waste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Apparently there is a woman out there that will come to your house and make a placenta smoothie... Mmmmm....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

We were told at our antenatal class in the Coombe that you have to let the hospital know in advance if you want to take it home as it's considered bio hazardous waste so you need the appropriate storage container ready and forms have to be ready for signatures etc

Perhaps each hospital has different rules but it's probably best to check in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭sari

I took mine home although I didn't eat it sorry but yuck!! We buried ours under a tree for my boys naming ceremony.
    You just need to let hospital know you want to keep it and bring a basin with lid or bag to keep it in

sari wrote: »
    I took mine home although I didn't eat it sorry but yuck!! We buried ours under a tree for my boys naming ceremony.
    You just need to let hospital know you want to keep it and bring a basin with lid or bag to keep it in

tom cruise ate katie holmes placenta raw just minutes after it came out .

how could i develope the mindset to do this .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭indigo twist

tom cruise ate katie holmes placenta raw just minutes after it came out .

how could i develope the mindset to do this .

If you don't want to do it, why make yourself do it? :confused:

If you don't want to do it, why make yourself do it? :confused:

i am sure tom would rather been chewing on angus steak but he made himself eat a raw placenta . wow . what a guy . and now he is sledging half of hollywood

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Not sure if serious but the placenta is meant to replenish nutrients for the mother, not the father...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭sari

I think you are taking the p**s figs :) you messer.

sari wrote: »
    I think you are taking the p**s figs :) you messer.

im serious . i really look up ti tom cruise . a load of people hate him but i think that jealousy .

yes i heard its beneficial to the mum but i was wondering was there any point me eating it . i was quotef 190 to turn it into capsules .

i couldnt image eating it raw but if i was promised to slegde half the birds tom did . i eat it no worries

Lol... Even the thought of eating it makes me feel quite ill.

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Lol... Even the thought of eating it makes me feel quite ill.

exactly my point . i feel sick thinking about eating it . but tom cruise ate his baba's one . cord and all . and that due is a sex symbol and worth 500 million . WOW

exactly my point . i feel sick thinking about eating it . but tom cruise ate his baba's one . cord and all . and that due is a sex symbol and worth 500 million . WOW

Rofl.... You should defo eat it so! You could end up being a billionaire!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

Is this a wind up?

This isn't After Hours, but I'm calling shenanigans nonetheless.

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Rofl.... You should defo eat it so! You could end up being a billionaire!!!! :)

end up puttibg the cord in.my mouth and puked over mum and new born more like . LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Is this not a type of cannibalism?

end up puttibg the cord in.my mouth and puked over mum and new born more like . LOL

Don't eat it raw! Put it in the pot and make a nice stew. You won't have to pay or make dinner for a few days then. Win win!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement