Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Asus UX31A zenbook....Cannot get one in Ireland!

Options
  • 30-09-2012 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Been looking for a Asus UX31A zenbook but cannot seem to get one in Ireland at all! Does anyone know where I might pick one up as importing one from America seems to be my only option at the moment

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

SOL ships to Ireland... and you'll get a UK keyboard. If the keyboard layout is not an issue, it's a lot cheaper at computeruniverse.net.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭geecee

I have been looking for one of these myself...

pcworld.ie and pcworld blanch have them @950

Edit:
    Ooops sorry just re-read and realised you are looking for a UX31A and not a UX32A

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭coffey-16

SOL seems good but I dont like the way they're showing images of the ux31e instead of the ux31a. Was just looking at this on ebay. Even though its coming from America it seems to work out a whole lot cheaper and they seem to have a good customer rating?

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/UX31A-DB71-13-3-4G-256GB-i7-Asus-UX31ADB71-/140858496163?pt=Laptops_Nov05&hash=item20cbd214a3

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

coffey-16 wrote: »
    SOL seems good but I dont like the way they're showing images of the ux31e instead of the ux31a. Was just looking at this on ebay. Even though its coming from America it seems to work out a whole lot cheaper and they seem to have a good customer rating?

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/UX31A-DB71-13-3-4G-256GB-i7-Asus-UX31ADB71-/140858496163?pt=Laptops_Nov05&hash=item20cbd214a3

With VAT and customs on top of that, you're looking at over 1600 quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

With VAT and customs on top of that, you're looking at over 1600 quid.

Sure about customs? Just read somewhere that laptops are not subject import duty, 23% VAT will be applied though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Funnily enough I have been searching for the UX31A, Komplett had the top spec model of it for a great price, but it has disappeared without a trace and no word from Komplett as to why. Similarly lots of other websites are showing it as "discontinued" which is bizarre.

Good call on computerverse, they have the top spec model for 1400 euro with a US keyboard presumably. http://www.computeruniverse.net/en/products/90468036/asus-zenbook-prime-ux31a-r4003v.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

German keyboard I'm afraid.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Torqay wrote: »
    Sure about customs? Just read somewhere that laptops are not subject import duty, 23% VAT will be applied though.

Nope, not 100% sure about customs. Just assumed.

if you're going through Dublin airport Dixons / Pc World have them at vat-free prices.

• Advertisement

Hey glasso, do you know if they have the 256gb i7 UX31A there? Have a relative going through the airport soon could pick one up then

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭coffey-16

It looks like importing one is the way to go. Taking into consideration laptops are exempt from import duty and including the 23% vat rate, getting one shipped from America seems to work out better, price and keyboard wise

Joseph wrote: »
    Hey glasso, do you know if they have the 256gb i7 UX31A there? Have a relative going through the airport soon could pick one up then

no idea. why not get the number and ring them.

Advertisement