Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

boiler problem

Options
  • 06-06-2012 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Would like to know if a low battery would prevent my water heater from starting. A bit of background info is that ,when i bought it ,a cover was over the vent on the outside and prevented it from lighting. When we removed this cover it all worked great.This weekend when we went out the switch kept going from green to red,indicating a failure to ignite.The only thing I can think of that is different is that the battery was very low.Also ,I switched gas bottles on friday ,would that make a differance..Any ideas would be great.Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭bluethunder

irishtear wrote: »
    Would like to know if a low battery would prevent my water heater from starting. A bit of background info is that ,when i bought it ,a cover was over the vent on the outside and prevented it from lighting. When we removed this cover it all worked great.This weekend when we went out the switch kept going from green to red,indicating a failure to ignite.The only thing I can think of that is different is that the battery was very low.Also ,I switched gas bottles on friday ,would that make a differance..Any ideas would be great.Thanks

This happens to my boiler quite often but I usually get it to ignite after a few attempts. If you post the name and model you might get a more accurate answer. The safest thing to do may be to get it serviced. I doubt a low battery is to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

if the battery is low the red light will flash .

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭irishtear

Would that be the red light on the boiler switch,if it is ,when it does come on mine stays constant .Thanks for the help..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

yup the one on the boiler switch . A constant red just means it failed to light and has locked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭irishtear

Thanks Aidan,discovered the fuse in the engine bay for the 12 volt is blown.Will see tomorrow if thats the problem,cause I dont hear the ignition flickering trying to light .Irishtear:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement