Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda reserve 2015

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭rookie1470

D Trent wrote: »
    Where in Athlone?

Unsure of the name of the hotel in Athlone!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

rookie1470 wrote: »
    Unsure of the name of the hotel in Athlone!!

It's grand thanks
    Many of ye there?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭rookie1470

D Trent wrote: »
    It's grand thanks
    Many of ye there?

There was 25 sitting the exam, after it was finished 7 names were called of which I was one of them and told that we would be sitting an interview with a Public Jobs representative and a retired Supt. Something none of us knew would happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭RUNNER 1

3 years and your still not in , crazy, its 2 years for me , makes me wounder how many are waiting to get in

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 Alan94

RUNNER 1 wrote: »
    3 years and your still not in , crazy, its 2 years for me , makes me wounder how many are waiting to get in

When did your BR forms go in runner ? Two years to the day for me since first applying

• Advertisement

September 2013, so 17 months ago but I'm over 2 years in the process

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭tg123

People, it will happen.

I know its a long process but its not an ordinary volunteer role which you have applied for. The number of checks that have to done is exhaustive because of the position of trust you are been considered for.

Speaking as a Reserve with 6 years experience it will be worth it in the end. I was waiting 18 months from application to entering the college. Some take longer I know but the wait is definitely worth it.

For those that get the offer, you will be joining at the most exciting period of the Garda Reserve. We are about to enter a whole new arena and the possibilities are extremely exciting for those of us who have dedicated a lot of time, effort and hours to working with our full time colleagues and in some ways changing attitudes to how valuable an asset the Reserve can be to individual units. From my own experience I know that I am making a serious contribution to my unit on a regular basis. The skills I have obtained since joining are numerous but these skills need to learned and used . They are perishable and if you don't turn up for duty on a regular basis then they are lost and you are back at stage one. Once you have got to a certain level of knowledge you will be surprised at the confidence you will gain , the trust that your full time colleagues will put in you and the duties which will be allocated to you.

I wish you all the best for the selection process.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Thekid2010

I completed my interviews in March 2013 and last one in nov 2013,missed a call from private number just before Christmas,rang the reserve office in the new year to see if there was any news and they told me they were trying to arrange a medical date and there is none on the cards at present,is there anybody else waiting on a medical,I'm hoping to be in the batch this year

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

tg123 wrote: »
    People, it will happen.

I know its a long process but its not an ordinary volunteer role which you have applied for. The number of checks that have to done is exhaustive because of the position of trust you are been considered for.

Speaking as a Reserve with 6 years experience it will be worth it in the end. I was waiting 18 months from application to entering the college. Some take longer I know but the wait is definitely worth it.

For those that get the offer, you will be joining at the most exciting period of the Garda Reserve. We are about to enter a whole new arena and the possibilities are extremely exciting for those of us who have dedicated a lot of time, effort and hours to working with our full time colleagues and in some ways changing attitudes to how valuable an asset the Reserve can be to individual units. From my own experience I know that I am making a serious contribution to my unit on a regular basis. The skills I have obtained since joining are numerous but these skills need to learned and used . They are perishable and if you don't turn up for duty on a regular basis then they are lost and you are back at stage one. Once you have got to a certain level of knowledge you will be surprised at the confidence you will gain , the trust that your full time colleagues will put in you and the duties which will be allocated to you.

I wish you all the best for the selection process.

Exhaustive checks! It's not MI5 you're joining. There clearly is no priority being given to the applications.

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    Exhaustive checks! It's not MI5 you're joining. There clearly is no priority being given to the applications.

I dont think you know anything in relation to the type of checks which are required and i suppose how could you afterall you tend to submit posts based on suppasition and conjecture with no intention to help or advise those would are searching for guidance and advice
    . Just constant negativity.so why bother

we need to be more positive

• Advertisement

Real slamming matches going on in these forums lol

RUNNER 1 wrote: »
    Real slamming matches going on in these forums lol

No slamming intended we have to post accurate information which informs and encourages

Advertisement