Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Controller and Auditor General report

• 22-09-2008 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

You'll be thrilled to learn that things can't be too bad at all. The Auditor Genaral has found the government is wasting money left right and centre with no proper acountability.

PDF

Surplus of 2 billion is now a deficit of 1.6 billion.

The drop in stamp duty from 2006 to 2007 was from 3.67 billion to 3.31 billion, so you can imagine how big the drop will be for 2008.

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭SoCal90046

mike65 wrote: »
    You'll be thrilled to learn that things can't be too bad at all. The Auditor Genaral has found the government is wasting money left right and centre with no proper acountability.

PDF

Surplus of 2 billion is now a deficit of 1.6 billion.

The drop in stamp duty from 2006 to 2007 was from 3.67 billion to 3.31 billion, so you can imagine how big the drop will be for 2008.

Mike.

Small comfort I know, but when I look at history and see efficient governments, I shudder. Give me an incompetent bureaucracy any day! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

SoCal90046 wrote: »
    Small comfort I know, but when I look at history and see efficient governments, I shudder. Give me an incompetent bureaucracy any day! :)
    In essense that's the point of the EU. It's impossible for us to go to war with each as we are all tied up in Brussels bureaucracy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭SoCal90046

In essense that's the point of the EU. It's impossible for us to go to war with each as we are all tied up in Brussels bureaucracy.

LOL!! We need some of that in the US.

Advertisement