Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards meet up for first years (and other years)??

Options
  • 31-08-2012 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

hey, so alot of wise old students of the ucc forum have been mentioning a boards meetup at the beginning of the year for anyone involved on boards incl. 1st years. sounds like a good idea, :cool:
    but ive been getting mixed reports that people dont show up or it doesnt go ahead. :eek:

so to clear things up and to generate interest
    who here would be interested in a meetup?

ideas and suggestions welcome too :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Yea, we got fair bad at these last year... I'm some ****e organiser :pac:

I'm up for one anyway :) Just as long as your organizing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭2mature

Id be up fora meet up...3rd year this year..didnt make meet ups last 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

great, some interest already....
    would be handy if the mod could pin this please? to generate more interest and i believe this post is of top priority XD ...sorta

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Nicole.

I'd be interested :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 FIRTHY

im up for it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭CaoimheCweeva

I'm in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Paudyyy

Depending on the date count me in! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭claireblossom

Ah sure, why not :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 Niteb4

I'm in, shur aren't I the dude who started the thread that inspired this one. I shall make that known on the day

Niteb4 wrote: »
    I'm in, shur aren't I the dude who started the thread that inspired this one. I shall make that known on the day

yup, youre the dude! full credit to you

looks like theres a good turn out and its only been a day or 2. i guess we can pick a day that suits everyone in a week from now after the first registration process. early enough to give people time to respond.

so watch this space! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Neodymium

I'm in too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Vetton

There's already a small meet up for those who are there this Sunday, if you wanna come round to that too. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I'll hopefully turn up as long as schedule allows. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭CZ 453

What is the purpose of the meeting? Orientation of the campus? Or social gathering?

shezer wrote: »
    What is the purpose of the meeting? Orientation of the campus? Or social gathering?
    Why not both? Be greedy for a change. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

I'm in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Neodymium

Where would something like this take place?

Neodymium wrote: »
    Where would something like this take place?

we will decide a place that suits as many people as possible

shezer wrote: »

orientation is already organised by the college..this is more of a social thing i guess, but there are no rules! suggestions and ideas welcome

im thinking the 21st of september? before the start of freshers week and jsut at the end of orientation. it would be a good day where people wont be busy yet still will just be adjusting to ucc. also the other years will be arriving in around that time and will be able to join us

could people give us a shout back on the thread? just simple yay or nay to confirm. i might need to start pm'ing people to organise this properly...because this could get confusing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 FIRTHY

shane9689 wrote: »
    im thinking the 21st of september? before the start of freshers week and jsut at the end of orientation. it would be a good day where people wont be busy yet still will just be adjusting to ucc. also the other years will be arriving in around that time and will be able to join us

could people give us a shout back on the thread? just simple yay or nay to confirm. i might need to start pm'ing people to organise this properly...because this could get confusing
    yay :)

Aye, count me in.

Maybe have a few options for what we should do, and if any Cork peeps wanna recommend places and things to do?

Any mature students going to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Yea, we got fair bad at these last year... I'm some ****e organiser :pac:

Ya, You are :P

I might go depending on what I have on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I might go if I'm not working!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 engrob

I'm always up for a few and meeting good people! I know nobody yet and am here in Cork already since yesterday, bored off my hole, desperate for drinking companions. Keep me in the loop

Ps. to above, I'm 29 so could be considered mature on paper

engrob wrote: »
    I'm always up for a few and meeting good people! I know nobody yet and am here in Cork already since yesterday, bored off my hole, desperate for drinking companions. Keep me in the loop

Ps. to above, I'm 29 so could be considered mature on paper

That's the job.I'm not the oldest so :D I'm in

any location suggestions welcome, because i do not know cork very well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Some of us have orientation that day :pac: I might make it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

any location suggestions welcome, because i do not know cork very well
    Try the Redcove bar in Mahon, great spot, very friendly.

Advertisement