Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Why was I banned

• 08-11-2014 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I have been banned for 3 months from the Gigs and events forum and I would just like to know why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'll take a wild stab in the dark here and say it was because you were touting standing tickets for The Script for €110 **EACH** (after trying to sell them for €125 **EACH** earlier in a different forum)

Ban upheld.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 chunky211

Mr E wrote: »
    I'll take a wild stab in the dark here and say it was because you were touting standing tickets for The Script for €110 **EACH** (after trying to sell them for €125 **EACH** earlier in a different forum)

Ban upheld.

Please excuse my ignorance but are you not allowed sell concert tickets? I just thought I was banned from the first thread because I stupidly posted it in the shooting section and not music or gigs!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You were banned because you failed to notice the sticky thread in the Gigs/Events forum that said:

This is NOT a board for selling/swapping/requesting tickets!. The contents of that thread state that:
    As stated in the forum charter, all forms of ticket advertising, whether it be selling, swapping or requesting, is not allowed on this forum.

If you wish to sell, swap or request tickets, please use adverts.ie or Toutless.

Users who break this rule will be banned for 2-4 weeks at moderator's discretion.

Plus the average ticket price is 60-70 each. You were trying to take advantage of our members by charging double that per ticket.

Advertisement