Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Shannon Airport Thread [Mod Warning in First Post]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Vanhalla

Will there ever be a flight from shannon to glasgow/edinburgh again!? Jaysus. These bus journeys from dub to the whest are a pain in the arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Vanhalla wrote: »
    Will there ever be a flight from shannon to glasgow/edinburgh again!? Jaysus. These bus journeys from dub to the whest are a pain in the arse!

I'd say our best chance is of IAG take over EI.
    After that you'd be looking at either a long wait from EI, Ryanair or Flybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Carnacalla wrote: »
    From what I heard it won't be completely painted. It will have white EI titles with the tail possibly painted.

Also, it may not show up on FR24 due to all of the Omni fleet being blocked. The speed and altitude will be shown, but not flight number, destination and reg.

Why are they blocked?

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Why are they blocked?

All fleet blocked by default now due to the amount of troop flights they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

Chinese Premier arriving for two-day visit (RTE)

The Chinese Premier arrives in Ireland today for a two-day visit, during which he will hold talks with Taoiseach Enda Kenny and a number of Government ministers.

The visit of Li Keqiang, follows the lifting of a ban on Irish beef by the Chinese authorities earlier this year.

China is now the second biggest destination for Irish food exports after the EU, and this visit will highlight the importance of that market for producers here.

Premier Li will be accompanied on his trip by a number of his ministers.

After their arrival at Shannon Airport this afternoon, they will travel to a farm in Co Galway where they will view herds and learn about approaches to crop cultivation.

From there, the Chinese party will move to Ashford Castle, where a bilateral meeting will take place with several Government ministers.

Great export potential there for air cargo at Shannon.

• Advertisement

EI-DVM, the Retro Livery plane inbound to Shannon from Malaga. ETA: 13:20 and will depart again at 14:00.

If anyone is around its a very rare treat, as Shannon has only 5 weekly A320 services during the Peak summer season so its rare to get the planes with the special liveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Airbus330

EI-DVM, the Retro Livery plane inbound to Shannon from Malaga. ETA: 13:20 and will depart again at 14:00.

If anyone is around its a very rare treat, as Shannon has only 5 weekly A320 services during the Peak summer season so its rare to get the planes with the special liveries.

EI-DVM is based is ORK for the summer so hopefully it will be in SNN a few times either on the FAO or Malaga

Airbus330 wrote: »
    EI-DVM is based is ORK for the summer so hopefully it will be in SNN a few times either on the FAO or Malaga

Based in ORK for the summer? I though EI switch their aircraft around a little more than that. Especially with a special livery plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Based in ORK for the summer? I though EI switch their aircraft around a little more than that. Especially with a special livery plane.

It will certainly have to be swapped out for maintenance at some stage

Chinese Premier arriving for two-day visit (RTE)

The Chinese Premier arrives in Ireland today for a two-day visit, during which he will hold talks with Taoiseach Enda Kenny and a number of Government ministers.

The visit of Li Keqiang, follows the lifting of a ban on Irish beef by the Chinese authorities earlier this year.

China is now the second biggest destination for Irish food exports after the EU, and this visit will highlight the importance of that market for producers here.

Premier Li will be accompanied on his trip by a number of his ministers.

After their arrival at Shannon Airport this afternoon, they will travel to a farm in Co Galway where they will view herds and learn about approaches to crop cultivation.

From there, the Chinese party will move to Ashford Castle, where a bilateral meeting will take place with several Government ministers.

Great export potential there for air cargo at Shannon.

ETA for Touchdown is 2pm. I'll keep my eye on Flight Radar.

• Advertisement

http://www.irn.ie/issues/article_unreg.asp?id=22629&issueType=1

EI cabin crew to ballot over outsourcing of the SNN-BOS route for 12 weeks.

What exactly can this achieve?

ETA for Touchdown is 2pm. I'll keep my eye on Flight Radar.

Air China 747 over DUB now on the way to Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Airbus330

Nope not this one anyway it positioned to ORK last week from Dubs for the summer months only!

Airbus330 wrote: »
    Nope not this one anyway it positioned to ORK last week from Dubs for the summer months only!

I'd say it'll be put back in Dub through a quick switch at Heathrow.

http://m.independent.ie/videos/irish-news/video-chinese-premier-lei-arrives-in-shannon-airport-31229538.html

This video shows EI-DVM (Retro Livery) in the background and the Air China 747 landing. Intresting watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

That was hardly this morning's footage?

Jhcx wrote: »
    That was hardly this morning's footage?

Don't recall having a China Air 747 and EI-DVM at Shannon before.

must be footage from different meeting probably a US flight.

must be footage from different meeting probably a US flight.

What?

What?

Sorry i didnt see EI-DVM in Shannon today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,352 ✭✭✭irishgeo

how long does it take usually to go through us immigration in shannon? Only ever been through dublin.

Anything in the way of shops after US immigration?

irishgeo wrote: »
    how long does it take usually to go through us immigration in shannon? Only ever been through dublin.

Anything in the way of shops after US immigration?

The same as Dublin if not shorter. (Although 5 US flights leave between 11:00-1:00, so there may be around 800 people trying to through in the peak season)

Also, nothing after preclearence IMO.

Sorry i didnt see EI-DVM in Shannon today

Still confused as to where you got U.S out of though, they were talking about China the whole way through.

Ah shur your only human (I hope)

Still confused as to where you got U.S out of though, they were talking about China the whole way through.

Ah shur your only human (I hope)

Your post confused me when you said you have not seen either a/c in snn. therefore i thought the footage was archived footage. thrown in to fill the video. Further searching of EI-DVM shows it was in snn at 12.20 which i did not know.

The same as Dublin if not shorter. (Although 5 US flights leave between 11:00-1:00, so there may be around 800 people trying to through in the peak season)

Also, nothing after preclearence IMO.

thanks for that.

Flying at 11 so i might avoid the rush.

irishgeo wrote: »
    thanks for that.

Flying at 11 so i might avoid the rush.

Ah ya you will. I still recommend no less than 2.5hours for a T/A flight.

Your post confused me when you said you have not seen either a/c in snn. therefore i thought the footage was archived footage. thrown in to fill the video. Further searching of EI-DVM shows it was in snn at 12.20 which i did not know.

I apologise, I meant that I had never seen an Air China 747 and EI-DVM in Shannon before this date so it had to be footage from the morning.

Ah ya you will. I still recommend no less than 2.5hours for a T/A flight.

aiming to be there at 8 as i have to park in park 4 less carpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Flying America 11 you'll have tonnes of time to be parking the car at 9 to be honest. You'd be through security and CBP in under 20 min really

• Advertisement

Flying America 11 you'll have tonnes of time to be parking the car at 9 to be honest. You'd be through security and CBP in under 20 min really

grand so. its june time ill be flying. ill have time for the breakfast before i go so.

Advertisement