Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Due July 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Scan day today!

So excited! Should I ask any questions? Is it ok to eat beforehand? Appointment is just after lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Ok to eat, but drink a lot too - a full bladder pushes your uterus up and closer to the scanner thingamabob, so you get a better picture.

And... yay!!! Best of luck with it silly, can't wait to hear all about it later

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Ahh don't drink too much. My doctor gave out my bladder was squashing baby and she couldnt see legs!!
    Have any of you heard ed sheeran's small bump ??

Listen to it.Guarantee you'll cry,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

javagal wrote: »
    Ahh don't drink too much. My doctor gave out my bladder was squashing baby and she couldnt see legs!!
    Have any of you heard ed sheeran's small bump ??

Listen to it.Guarantee you'll cry,

That song is so sad, but the lyrics are beautiful. Wldnt recommend anyone in a fragile emotional state to be listening to it, unless u need a good cry.

Good luck with the scan today silly, can't wait to hear all about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

kildareash wrote: »
    On a totally different note...does anyone read the what to expect forum? I don't post on it, but i use the app. I just think its so funny.

I read this forum but don't post, it's quite funny the things they say, it's very american but sometimes they come out with great one-liners.

I did this whole post earlier re the NT (Nuchal Translucency) scan & it didn't go through. Not arsed re-typing it :mad: Went great, just took sonographer a while to get baby in right position to scan the little folds on back of the nexk, they're only 2mm wide so you can imagine how tricky that is. Especially as I'd had a breakfast of champions of a donut & coffee so baby was leap frogging everywhere.

Anyway, scan was all normal, just waiting on bloods results to back that up.

No more scans til 22 wks but I think baby wants a rest from it after today. Will miss seeing him/her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

I`m 14 weeks today woohoo :D
    I`m having mad cramps today so hopefully it`s just stretching.
    I`ve started pregnancy pilates last week, its not my thing but I`m doing it with a friend who`s 6 weeks further along than myself so its good for the weekly catchup even if I`m not concentrating on my pelvic floor!!:rolleyes:
    I`ve just gotten my energy back and my tastebuds are working so I`m back to eating nice food again and back playing badmington now 4 evenings a week. I`m doing a bit of walking too.
    March glad it was a false alarm, get plenty of rest when you can and let the housework wait til August ;)

Scan went great!! Got 3 great pics. Everything perfect.so happy to tell everyone now!

Fri.Day wrote: »
    I`m 14 weeks today woohoo :D
    I`m having mad cramps today so hopefully it`s just stretching.
    I`ve started pregnancy pilates last week, its not my thing but I`m doing it with a friend who`s 6 weeks further along than myself so its good for the weekly catchup even if I`m not concentrating on my pelvic floor!!:rolleyes:
    I`ve just gotten my energy back and my tastebuds are working so I`m back to eating nice food again and back playing badmington now 4 evenings a week. I`m doing a bit of walking too.
    March glad it was a false alarm, get plenty of rest when you can and let the housework wait til August ;)

Snap (kind of) I'm starting Pregnancy Yoga when I hit 14 weeks. Luckily the class is very near me and you can just pay per class, don't have to sign up to a course etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Well done to everyone who had a scan today! Wohoo!

I had an appointment with my obs today they must have finally looked at my file and decided that actually being epileptic and being on meds for epilepsy is kind of important. So now he wants to see me every 2 weeks. He couldn't understand why he was only seeing me now at 16 weeks!!!! I felt like exploding at him. Lol. But he was really nice and I'm am much happier.

I had a scan yesterday in Newry and a Triple Blood test because I missed the time frame for the Nuchal fold scan. So just waiting on bloods to come back. But everything looks great. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Hiya :),

If any of you know where theres pregnancy yoga near Dundalk I`d appreciate a shout, would really like to do it. Did someone say you can`t do it till 14 weeks?

• Advertisement

So, I told my boss yesterday and she was over the moon for me.

I started a new job last April with an Australian company, and they are honestly the nicest company I have ever dealt with. The HR manager just called me to say that they currently do not have any paid maternity leave but that she thinks that it is 'unacceptable and atrocious' and so has already been in contact with the Finance manager (who agrees with her) so they will get something approved by the Partner group by the end of February.

In my last company I would have thought they were just spouting shite, but in this one, I actually believe it will happen.

No idea what will be offered, but anything will be better than nothing!

Wow kash, that's great. Hope they come through with something now. Anything at all wld be a help.

I get nothing from my company...apparently post it's are a luxury now!
    But it's something I've really been worrying about because the pregnancy wasn't exactly planned so we hadn't saved. OH tries to reassure me that we'll survive but when he said sure you can always go back to work earlier, my heart broke a little!

Good to hear that there are still companies out there who actually care about their employees

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Kildareash,

I know how you feel, I'm a grad student and have two part time jobs which I will have to return to in early September but luckily the OH will be able to look after junior. We're also saving for a mortgage so things are really tight. It'll get better tho, hopefully ;-)

Does anybody know of any pregnancy pilates classes in south Dublin that aren't extortionate prices? I found one place near me & it's 150 for 6 classes!! I nearly dropped when I heard. I'm a member of a really good gym where pilates classes are included in the monthly fee but I'm not sure if they're suitable during pregnancy... any ideas ladies??

Kash that's amazing you're getting paid maternity leave. I rarely hear of companies that actually do this, especially as you only started there less than a year ago.

I won't be so lucky. I'm same as you kildareash, don't know how we will make ends meet but I know I definitely want to avoid going back to work full time & I want to take the 6mths maternity. We have to figure out a back up plan to make up the income though.

My sister already had a little ebay business going before she got pregnant and she's able to make a decent wage off of it & stay home with her youngest. It's a lot of work (& investment) to set it up though and the market is a bit flooded with sellers. She's doing it so many years she's one of those "top sellers" that people are more likely to trust so she does well out of it. She also has no mortgage on her house (jealous much :mad:).

Mamaheidi, that price you got is outrageous. Just google Pregnancy Pilates South Dublin & tons of places come up, they range in price but usually 7 classes will be €70, 9 will be €90 etc. Or sometimes you can pay as you go and it's usually €12 drop in fee.

Anyone else experiencing this?? When I have crap sleeps where \i only sleep a few hours it's grand but when I have a proper full nights sleep, I wake up feeling hungover, Headache and tired?

Think I'm starting to feel these baby bubbles more now, prob twice a day... Morning then night..

Anyone else experiencing this?? When I have crap sleeps where \i only sleep a few hours it's grand but when I have a proper full nights sleep, I wake up feeling hungover, Headache and tired?

Think I'm starting to feel these baby bubbles more now, prob twice a day... Morning then night..

This! Abso-friggin-lutely! I sleep for 10 hour and wake up exhausted with a splitting headache, and don't feel better for hours.

What is a baby bubble?

Kash wrote: »
    This! Abso-friggin-lutely! I sleep for 10 hour and wake up exhausted with a splitting headache, and don't feel better for hours.

What is a baby bubble?

I posted earlier this week that I wasn't sure if it was gas or baby moving but it's kinda a cross between gas and butterflies in my stomach,especially the past few days it's getting stronger, it's the strangest feeling!!

Oooh! Do you think it is the baby kicking?
    How exciting! I can't wait to feel that! I can't imagine what it is like at all.

I read that you just might be able to feel them as early as 15 weeks

_______

It is great news about the maternity, I really landed on my feet in this job, I couldn't ask for a better company to work for.
    Especially as my last one, whilst offering me phenomenal experience, were basically soul sucking vampires who would squeeze every last bit out of you and offer no thanks. Hubby still works for them (we were office gossip for a while), and may be made redundant in June, so the maternity news has come as a bit of relief. I gave them everything I had for 5 years, so I feel like I paid my dues, and am delighted to have moved on to better things. I can only imagine what it would be like if we had both been made redundant the month before the little one was born!
    _______

Is anyone singing/talking to their baby yet? I read somewhere that they can hear things now, and I plan to sing/hum/squawk some songs throughout the pregnancy - but i can't really remember any lullabies. But i suppose any song could be used as long as you sing it slowly.

Welll I'm 15+4 so I might be too early!
    I talk to baby all the time!! Telling him/her I love him, basically exactly how I talk to the dog!!

Did anyone watch last week's one born every minute??
    "We're like a real like disney movie"
    *Slap*

Edit: wow, fair play to that girl though, she did amazing!
    Kash wrote: »
    Oooh! Do you think it is the baby kicking?
    How exciting! I can't wait to feel that! I can't imagine what it is like at all.

I read that you just might be able to feel them as early as 15 weeks

_______

It is great news about the maternity, I really landed on my feet in this job, I couldn't ask for a better company to work for.
    Especially as my last one, whilst offering me phenomenal experience, were basically soul sucking vampires who would squeeze every last bit out of you and offer no thanks. Hubby still works for them (we were office gossip for a while), and may be made redundant in June, so the maternity news has come as a bit of relief. I gave them everything I had for 5 years, so I feel like I paid my dues, and am delighted to have moved on to better things. I can only imagine what it would be like if we had both been made redundant the month before the little one was born!
    _______

Is anyone singing/talking to their baby yet? I read somewhere that they can hear things now, and I plan to sing/hum/squawk some songs throughout the pregnancy - but i can't really remember any lullabies. But i suppose any song could be used as long as you sing it slowly.

Oooh, that couple were soooooooo annoying! I swear if I met him on the street I'd say he was gay!
    I'm loving that show tho, never watched it any other year.

So excited that you can feel something Java, I felt things a few times but have convinced myself that it's my imagination because i seen the baby moving in the scan last week!

Haven't started talking to babs yet, but do plan on playing music to it, especially some of our fave bands or artists coz it's not to heavy.

• Advertisement

Have a headache from crying now!! I always cry when I see the proud Daddy's..so sweet!Secretly hope my OH will blub like a baby!

How is everyone's bump's coming on??Just pulled up my top and looked in mirror and I HAVE A BUMP!! it's hard and round and bumpy!!

Got asked on a date yesterday by my local chipper yesterday tho!! I will be a yummy mummy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

How is everyone's bump's coming on??Just pulled up my top and looked in mirror and I HAVE A BUMP!! it's hard and round and bumpy!!

Got asked on a date yesterday by my local chipper yesterday tho!! I will be a yummy mummy!

Yea anyone else notice there getting a fair bit more male attention? I feel like crap and I look pale its weird!

theg81der wrote: »
    Yea anyone else notice there getting a fair bit more male attention? I feel like crap and I look pale its weird!

I am a pale cow all the time but yesterday I got asked was I spanish!! lol!!

To which I very sultryly replied "Nope from Kildare"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I'm getting a bump... although it is partly just that i didn't lose as much weight from my stomach haha :D I'm loving it! I really want a bump so i can go buy one of these... oooh and actually anything maternity would be good! I'm 15 + 3 now so I'd want to start having SOMETHING really when I think about it... my jeans are still too big for me though!!

I'm 12 wks +4 and I've had a bit of a bump for a few weeks. Can't close my work trousers at all, just zipped up a bit & long tops covering them. Absolutely have to get maternity trousers this week. Hubby took pics of the bump last night & we plan to do it maybe once a month so can see the difference.

Re One Born, yeah that hairdresser guy was incredibly annoying, what was up with his mouth? Though I'd pay good money to have a birth just like his wife's, amazing.

I think I'll start taking pictures of my bump too. Now that it's getting bigger and harder I can't keep my bloody hands off it..

It's starting to look a bit more like a bump now, but when I sit down it just looks like I've put on a lot of weight (which I have!).

That girl on one born was amazing tho, I was laughing at her ghding her hair after the birth and all the outfits she had for the baby! That programme is definately making me feel like I want to avoid an epidural if at all possible.
    Felt sorry for the other girl who was screaming in pain tho. She must have had a really bad time with her first.

I can't keep my hands off my bump either!

Started telling more and more people the big news, it's so surreal people knowing after hiding it for months.

Yeah the contrast between the two main mums on One Born last week was unbelievable. The woman having a hard time was just so full of fear, felt so sorry for her.

• Advertisement

I'm telling people at work since yesterday. It's not easy though... Like do you just drop it into conversation!? Anyway ,I'm getting there, which is a good thing as I am FAT today... Major tight pants issue going on right now..

Anyone sweating?? I'm like sweaty Betty under my arms...it's kinda embarrassing.. I normally use driclor for sweat but I'm not sure if it's safe now...

Advertisement