Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Due July 2012 Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Mink wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone else feels like this but sometimes I'm sort of feeling like I'm not pregnant, just getting fat. Even when looking at baby on scan yesterday, felt a bit like she was showing me images of someone elses uterus. I just can't get over the idea that that little swimmer is inside of me. I don't think it will all feel real until I feel kicks.

Totally me too! Feels a bit surreal can`t wait till kicks start, I`ve no patience. I started a baby diary yesterday and bought a name book. Starting to let myself believe this is really happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

This is my furniture, They look huge in the room I'll have to re organise.

I am finally starting to get sleep at night *Nice baby*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Mink wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone else feels like this but sometimes I'm sort of feeling like I'm not pregnant, just getting fat. Even when looking at baby on scan yesterday, felt a bit like she was showing me images of someone elses uterus. I just can't get over the idea that that little swimmer is inside of me. I don't think it will all feel real until I feel kicks.

I feel the exact same. A few people have said to me its normal. Its especially difficult now that the symptoms have eased.

I felt the scan was even more surreal than I normally feel. I was looking at the screen watching this little blob move its arms and kick its legs and it's so hard to believe that all this is happening inside you.

I can't wait to feel the first kicks!
    javagal wrote: »
    This is my furniture, They look huge in the room I'll have to re organise.

I am finally starting to get sleep at night *Nice baby*

Love, love, love your furniture! It's beautiful, love the style.
    Ours will be a mismatch of stuff, I'd imagine. There is already cream built in wardrobes in the room, and we have a pine chest of drawers and a cheapy white bedside locker from ikea, that was just to kit the room out.
    Might sand down the chest of drawers and paint them cream or maybe a contrast colour. Suppose depends on the crib.

Although we've been in the house for three years, we've only tiled the main bathroom and I gave it one paint of coat about six months ago! The rest of the house is still magnolia!

kildareash wrote: »
    I feel the exact same. A few people have said to me its normal. Its especially difficult now that the symptoms have eased.

I felt the scan was even more surreal than I normally feel. I was looking at the screen watching this little blob move its arms and kick its legs and it's so hard to believe that all this is happening inside you.

I can't wait to feel the first kicks!

Love, love, love your furniture! It's beautiful, love the style.
    Ours will be a mismatch of stuff, I'd imagine. There is already cream built in wardrobes in the room, and we have a pine chest of drawers and a cheapy white bedside locker from ikea, that was just to kit the room out.
    Might sand down the chest of drawers and paint them cream or maybe a contrast colour. Suppose depends on the crib.

Although we've been in the house for three years, we've only tiled the main bathroom and I gave it one paint of coat about six months ago! The rest of the house is still magnolia!

Thanks ash, delighted with it. have been planning on planning for baby for a few months so we just saved up.Plus everything we buy now, buggy included will be used for the next babies!!

I feel the same way about being weirded out about baby being inside me, I think I'm imagining I'm starting to feel movement at night in bed when it's quiet, I think I'm feeling kinda like gas or an unsettled stomach but it could be all in my head,
    15weeks today, time is flying..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I love the furniture Java its fab.... so jealous I apparently have to wait another 4 months to buy anything: I'm 15 weeks Monday. I know he's desperately nervous but does he want me buying furniture going into labour :D We were in Mothercare today and I was trying to look.... dragged out of the place not to be "jinxing" anything....

Anyway seeing as I moan alot I'm going to rave a bit now!!

I wanted MacDonalds last night at half ten so he drove me half an hour there and home :) Went to Limerick today, ate in Eddie Rockets and didnt get sick at all not even once!! So that was an hour and a half in the car on the way there an hour back and I ate!! I have been so sick for so long I was feeling so housebound to leave the house and just oh I dunno I was so happy :D And I bought a new hoover and fridge... I wasn't even able to walk into a shop three weeks ago let alone walk around shops...

I do know its prolly a temproary high from all the glucose and vitamins I was given but I just don't care... constant nausea and vomiting is a total bitch a rest for even a day is heaven!!

• Advertisement

cyning wrote: »
    I love the furniture Java its fab.... so jealous I apparently have to wait another 4 months to buy anything: I'm 15 weeks Monday. I know he's desperately nervous but does he want me buying furniture going into labour :D We were in Mothercare today and I was trying to look.... dragged out of the place not to be "jinxing" anything....

Anyway seeing as I moan alot I'm going to rant a bit now!!

I wanted MacDonalds last night at half ten so he drove me half an hour there and home :) Went to Limerick today, ate in Eddie Rockets and didnt get sick at all not even once!! So that was an hour and a half in the car on the way there an hour back and I ate!! I have been so sick for so long I was feeling so housebound to leave the house and just oh I dunno I was so happy :D And I bought a new hoover and fridge... I wasn't even able to walk into a shop three weeks ago let alone walk around shops...

I do know its prolly a temproary high from all the glucose and vitamins I was given but I just don't care... constant nausea and vomiting is a total bitch a rest for even a day is heaven!!

Cyning what did they give you!? sick even reading that I know I keep moaning sorry.

Anyway seeing as I moan alot I'm going to rant a bit now!!

Aww Cyning-delighted for you sweetie. You can finaly begin to enjoy pregnancy..Planning stuff,eating what you want, going to bed nice and early,extra moisturising, dreaming about what baby will look like and how OH will be as a daddy!!

Yay you xxx

theg81der wrote: »
    Cyning what did they give you!? sick even reading that I know I keep moaning sorry.

Haha your not bad at all! I got Pabrinex via IV, its vitamin B,C Thiamine, Glucose and Riboflavin. I was also getting glucose with the fluids in my iv.

I know from reading up on hyperemesis that alot of woman find vitamin b6 can help overcome nausea: might be worth mentioning it to doc to see if you could try it? Also morning sickness is worse in women who are prone to travel sickness: thats why the travel sickness bands work for alot of women!!

Dehydration makes the sickness worse as does an empty stomach...

Personally ice cubes help: I'm getting water and it is much easier to have cold stuff. If you get that really manky taste in your mouth: mints or ice cubes made from 7up help. Bland taytos too: ready salted walkers (and it can take me up to three hours to eat a pack but they help me anyway!). There's a list here of stuff people have been able to tolerate... my doctor constantly tells me that constant nausea is worse than pain: its so difficult to deal with.

One of the hardest things for me is that smells and movement set off vomiting: so if your not feeling well try being really still, and frozen lemon is great if smells set of nausea.

I really really hope it starts to ease soon... did they say anything about how bad it is in hosp? Because anyone with epilepsy is far more prone to severe morning sickness and you are really having a crap time with it :(

I wanted MacDonalds last night at half ten so he drove me half an hour there and home :) Went to Limerick today, ate in Eddie Rockets and didnt get sick at all not even once!! So that was an hour and a half in the car on the way there an hour back and I ate!! I have been so sick for so long I was feeling so housebound to leave the house and just oh I dunno I was so happy :D And I bought a new hoover and fridge... I wasn't even able to walk into a shop three weeks ago let alone walk around shops.!

Aw hun, you don't know how delighted I am for you! Great to hear you were able to enjoy a normal day out!

@theg81der...hope you're feeling better soon. Read someone recommending irn bru in another thread.

On a totally different note...does anyone read the what to expect forum? I don't post on it, but i use the app. I just think its so funny.
    The other day there was a thread on making it 'facebook official'...one woman and her partner had deleted their facebook profiles for fear of someone posting something about their pregnancy in the early stages.

Has anyone here made it 'facebook official'?
    I haven't...won't be posting my scans or bump pictures up! No offence to anyone who has, but it's just not my thing.

I love that app.... the other one that literally nearly makes me pee myself laughing is babybump... they are hillarious! They are so rude to one another aswell... oh I love them they keep me entertained for hours!

I am not posting anything about my pregnancy on facebook... unless i care enough to tell you in person or show you my scan then really it is none of your business!! I have friends that do but its just too much info for me to have up :)

I'll post up when I have babs though so thats probably slightly hypocritical of me!

• Advertisement

I'm not even sure if I'd post up a pic when baby is born. I'm happy to share general pics of nights out extra but I just feel uncomfortable when friends r posting loads of pics of their kids.
    Who knows, when baby comes along I cld be the exact same!

I love how they announce their leaving and its all so dramatic. Maybe the hormones highs and lows r worse on the other side of the Atlantic!

Thanks Cyning. Tried b6, sea bands, salt walkers ........literally everything. Things that add to probability of you getting morning sickness - epilepsy, travel sickness and migraine, have all of them. Hospital not worried because I`m not vomiting and I`m keeping down fluids so its not as bad as what you went through. I look like crap I`m constantly green.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

kildareash wrote: »
    Has anyone here made it 'facebook official'?
    I haven't...won't be posting my scans or bump pictures up! No offence to anyone who has, but it's just not my thing.

I did! All the important people had been told in person at that stage, and we wanted to announce it to the wider audience. We're both geeks, and have lots of family and friends overseas, and use Facebook to keep in touch so I always knew it would end up on there sooner or later - better that I made the announcement than someone asking me if I still had morning sickness!

I posted a status along the lines off "Kash and Mr. Kash are embracing our inner mad scientists, and creating life!!! Mwaahahhahaha! " You know you're in the 21st century when you spend all morning thinking about what way you will announce your pregnancy on Facebook - what has the world come to! :p

It was really heart warming to see the congratulatory comments, and what was really nice was that a load of people popped on my dads page to congratulate my parents on becoming grandparents, so they were really chuffed too.

Thanks Cyning. Tried b6, sea bands, salt walkers ........literally everything. Things that add to probability of you getting morning sickness - epilepsy, travel sickness and migraine, have all of them. Hospital not worried because I`m not vomiting and I`m keeping down fluids so its not as bad as what you went through. I look like crap I`m constantly green.

It will pass eventually :mad: I swear the stuff we go through when we're pregnant!! Its so frustrating though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

I rang my mum to tell her and she didnt pick up the few times i rang. so i told my dad and my sister and my sister put it up on fb. my mum found out through fb because my brother read my sisters comment and ran down the stairs to tell her. i was mortified, she was a bit disappointed but then she told me that she had known for about 3 weeks as mothers seem to know these things.

Great story kash, you shld try print out the page or something if your keeping a baby book.

Notsobusy, glad ur mum wasn't too upset. That's some instinct she has...my mum definately wasn't expecting it!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭March11

Hi all,

Was on here last Thurs posting about bio oil and the likes. Then went to the loo and found a heavy enough bleed. Between the shock, crying and shaking I managed to call the hospital, they told me to come straight over, so my sis in law drove me over and after what seemed like an eternity (bout half hour) I was scanned and they found a heartbeat, baby was asleep and they kept prodding me until they got baby to wake up and start moving around to calm my nerves. I also had a scope/internal, which showed some inflammation or something and my blood pressure was raised, but thankfully all is ok. The staff were absolutely fab, couldn't be nicer I must say, so I was told to stay off work and rest. Another tip a nurse gave me was to always bring my file with me, even if I go away for a weekend etc, just in case anything happened again. My nerves are shot at this stage, I am on constant knicker watch now.

March11 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Was on here last Thurs posting about bio oil and the likes. Then went to the loo and found a heavy enough bleed. Between the shock, crying and shaking I managed to call the hospital, they told me to come straight over, so my sis in law drove me over and after what seemed like an eternity (bout half hour) I was scanned and they found a heartbeat, baby was asleep and they kept prodding me until they got baby to wake up and start moving around to calm my nerves. I also had a scope/internal, which showed some inflammation or something and my blood pressure was raised, but thankfully all is ok. The staff were absolutely fab, couldn't be nicer I must say, so I was told to stay off work and rest. Another tip a nurse gave me was to always bring my file with me, even if I go away for a weekend etc, just in case anything happened again. My nerves are shot at this stage, I am on constant knicker watch now.

Aww delighted everything is ok March. It's a very frightening experience that's for sure.

Rest up and Relax xx

Oh march, so glad everything turned out to be ok. If this is the scares our little bundles r giving us now...what r they going to be like when they're toddling about!

Good tip tho, to bring the file with you. Suppose u never know what can happen and be great if u have all the info to hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Oh March, what a fright you must have got! Glad everything is ok.

I went to the dr on Thursday about headaches I've been getting, she gave me 2 days off, I was actually bored, watched everything I sky plused. I had a pain in my side Friday and sat, very strange pain so I decided to not do a tap and relax as much as I could. Pain gone now, feel great.

Re the Facebook thing. I'm not going to put if on fb, well I won't announce it, but I have no problem it being mentioned in comments etc. I'll have to ask my mom too not to "announce" she's on fb alot!
    When babs is born I will ask people not to put up photos until I decide if I want to, I want to be the first. I have a sister in Japan and my brother will most probs be living in America by the time I give birth.

My cousin announced it on fb saying " I'm extending my life by 2 feet" I thought that was a nice way of tellin people.

1st scan tomorrow will be 13w+6!!! I'm so excited I could pee!!!(which can happen on a hard sneeze these days!)

• Advertisement

Bit nervous - have mild cramps all night and morning anyone else have these at week 12?

Bit nervous - have mild cramps all night and morning anyone else have these at week 12?

I had cramps up until then, don't panic. If they are intense or catch your breath-see the doctor. Otherwise, I'd say they're just stretching pains.

I had cramps up until then, don't panic. If they are intense or catch your breath-see the doctor. Otherwise, I'd say they're just stretching pains.

Thanks Java don`t want bloody near hospital or doctors! Maybe I`m gonna start getting a small bump yeay!!!

This is normal. Streeeeeeetching!!!!

silly wrote: »
    This is normal. Streeeeeeetching!!!!

Stretching means stretch marks, I has them..

Stretching means stretch marks, I has them..

Girls bring it on I don`t care healthy baby is worth all the stretch marks in the world! (easy for me to say I`m dark skinned and you can`t see them :D)

I have them since my last child (nearly 11 yrs ago!) I had my appendix taken out before that do the stretch marks came from those scars. Fairly unsightly, but in those 11 years I met the love of my life and married him 4 months ago. And he didn't seem to mind the stretch marks.
    I'm not sure if I should try and prevent more stretch marks coming...can I get more I wonder?

15 weeks today and i still get cramps all the time... bad ones too... they drive me bananas! Some times there like period cramps, more times they are short and sharp: the only constant thing about them is there is nearly always something there!! Doc said its probably round ligament pain and not to worry... esp cuz its so much worse when I cough, sneeze or puke!

March I hope your doing okay, rest and relax for both you and babs.

I've put on 5 pounds in a week and a half :eek:: I'm sure some of that is just cuz I was so dehydrated but still.... at least it means im only 14 pounds down on pre pregnancy weight now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Yay for cyning, pack them pounds on!

Glad everything went ok at hospital March, keep us posted.

I'm getting slight stretchy cramps on and off. No more nausea really but I'm still gone off coffee, chocolate, the orange squash I used to drink & a particular fabric softener I can't stand now.

I'll probably announce on Facebook in next couple weeks but you can select who gets to see it I think, or pre-block people you're not too keen knowing your personal business. It's a lot handier doing it on facebook for me as I've a load of friends in UK & states from when I used to live there. I'm also plotting the wittiest possible way of saying it :D

I keep saying to myself that I will not be one of those mothers who post pics of their kids & report on their every movement every 5 minutes. I may just do a token pic once a month, but again to selected people. I say this now but I could end up baby-crazy.

I got "the tears" on the weekend. I was out doing the food shop & decided to get some walking in. Well ended up with really sore hips, low blood sugar & tired & I just lost it by time I got home. Then I lost it again just before hubby got home that evening. He was like "eh, what's wrong?". There was absolutely nothing wrong with me, I just needed a cry. He thought it was very cute & said he was expecting the tears at some point. It was a bit embarrassing but I'm just going to embrace it when it happens, no harm in a bit of a hormonal cry, just makes my eyes sore for the rest of the evening :rolleyes:

Bought a pack of newborn nappies, we had to open it to inspect one and see how small it was!

• Advertisement

I cried at an episode of "how I met your mother" the other day.
    For those that don't know it...it's a sit com.

Advertisement