Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Anyone else have Christmas exams in November? :p

Mine start tomorrow week. :( When are yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Sadly no, have mine before the break. Then the mocks less than a month later :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

What's the reasoning behind having them so early?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

Same :( now I kind of wish I had done a bit more study during the week :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 D3luka

Same :( now I kind of wish I had done a bit more study during the week :rolleyes:

same here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 SleepAlone

My christmas tests are the first week in december, should be funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Same, but at least we still have one week.
    ConorCBS wrote: »
    What's the reasoning behind having them so early?

Our mocks are in February so If we were to have the Christmas tests in December they would be too close together.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Poufsouffle

My school doesn't do Christmas tests in 6th year, but our mocks are in January so it's not much of a relief.
    I just properly realised it was November about an hour ago, it was scary, 2 months down only 7 months to go :(

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

We don't get Christmas exams at all, just the mocks in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

My school doesn't do Christmas tests in 6th year, but our mocks are in January so it's not much of a relief.
    I just properly realised it was November about an hour ago, it was scary, 2 months down only 7 months to go :(

Yeah our school seems to be the only school around Waterford that does Chrimbo tests..So I have heard anyways :L
    I know it is crazy how fast everything goes!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I know its terrifying and all but that just excites me so much!
    After Novemeber we're 33.33333333333333333333333333333% done! :D
    /squeals

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

We had October exams instead and then had the ptm's :)

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

christmas cant come quick enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Our exams are Wednesday week.

I had great plans to get all my study done this week because when we go back I'll end up with even more stuff to learn for them. My plan fell flat on its face to say the least. :(

I've a piano exam the week after them aswell which isn't helping matters. I just don't have time to fit in any practice these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

213 days to the Leaving Cert.

Yes, I would rather count that than actually study :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

213 days to the Leaving Cert.

Yes, I would rather count that than actually study :pac:

ages away:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Did no study over the midterm and had planned to :( but at least I caught up on ALOT of sleep :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

I'm kinda glad I didn't do a load of study for the week off, fúck it, we need a break too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Christmas can wait as far I'm concerned :pac: Have a stack of stuff to do before then! Would love to get everything done for the mocks but its getting more and more unlikely :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Ok, did no study over the midterm, could someone give me some motivation to finish my homework I just haven't got the will atm :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

If you finish it your life will me so much less stressful for the next few days.

Hmmm, well most of it is due tomorrow :( I just have got no motivation to finish it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Christmas can wait as far I'm concerned :pac: Have a stack of stuff to do before then! Would love to get everything done for the mocks but its getting more and more unlikely :(

I'm the same :P I reckon I will have Biology and Geography completely covered before the mocks..Fingers crossed! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

David1994 wrote: »
    I'm the same :P I reckon I will have Biology and Geography completely covered before the mocks..Fingers crossed! :)

Biology's actually one of the few I'm on track for! Really want to get through the Maths course cos' the more with practice done with Project Maths the better I think... We shall see :p Gonna be tight though

David1994 wrote: »

I hope to have Biology and Art fully revised by Christmas (There is actually a ridiculous amount of theory in art :eek:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Captain Hman

Does anyone here actually do their homework on a friday night ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Does anyone here actually do their homework on a friday night ?

I wish. I always plan to... but Sunday night unfortunately is when I do mine.

ConorCBS wrote: »
    I wish. I always plan to... but Sunday night unfortunately is when I do mine.

Same here, I'm just so wrecked coming home from school, Friday evenings is my r and r time ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Captain Hman

I'd love to do my homework on a friday night but for some reason I just can't do it.
    Maybe I like the thrill of doing it on a sunday night real quick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Actually making myself believe that I'm going to work SO hard between now and Christmas. Like there's a light at the end of the tunnel, Christmas! I can do this, I can right the many, many wrongs of this week. YOLO. Pretty sure whoever came up with 'yolo' didn't mean for it to be used in this situation but YOLO.

And lawd, I disappear for a few days and I come back and this place is busy and there's an IRC channel (albeit a seemingly dead one). And the CAO's open tomorrow. Leaving Cert is CRAY.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement