Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

A random waffle thread

• 22-03-2011 10:03pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello Everybody (imagine Dr. Nick voice),

I had suggestie a thread like this to a frequent poster in here but s/he decided to ignore me :)

This thread has no main topic, it's just for general chat, from time to time it may contain messages about other topics, such as keep 101 things thread to only a list of good things and that I will delete any clearly trolling entries ;)

Have fun

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

Whats this about waffles?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭gravityisalie

are those my feet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

"Waffle" meaning to to talk or write inconsequentially and usually at length :D:D:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Waffles can be many things to many people, they are waffalley versatile

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭ClareVisitor

Clareman wrote: »
    Waffles can be many things to many people, they are waffalley versatile
    That was a really annoying advert.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Oh this is nice! I was begining to think the good people of Clare has lost the gift of the gab. :D Is'nt it a beatuiful day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Tis indeed. Great drying.

There's a grand auld stretch in the evening as well.

What a glorious day :) Oh, how I wish I was in Doolin right now but unfortunately, I'm stuck in the office :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Just came across this lovely article on Killaloe. It gave me a giggle :pac::pac::pac:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killaloe,_County_Clare

chucken1 wrote: »
    Just came across this lovely article on Killaloe. It gave me a giggle :pac::pac::pac:

This is the place that the author refers to as a sh1t hole :eek: :eek:

Killaloe.jpg

Media,6340,en.jpgkillaloe-houses.jpg

Not bad for a sh1t hole eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

chucken1 wrote: »

HA some editing done there funny they didn't realize it recorded there ip
    193 1 104 2 Limerick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Nevermind_

Shane_ef wrote: »
    HA some editing done there funny they didn't realize it recorded there ip
    193 1 104 2 Limerick

doesnt really matter though, most isp's use dynamic ip's i.e they change constantly unless you specifically ask for a static ip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

What's happening with the Census form distribution? Thought we'd have one by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Don_Corleone

Balagan wrote: »
    What's happening with the Census form distribution? Thought we'd have one by now.
    Got mine last night, was just looking at it and there is no way of sealing it when its filled out, a nosey census collector could learn an awful lot!!!:eek:

Sounds like it is still ongoing then.

The enumerators actually look through the forms when they come to collect to make sure you've answered everything, hence, alas, no proper glue on the envelope! It would be a bit of a challenge if someone we knew, and weren't that comfortable with having know our business, showed up as enumerator! Still, I suppose it's a great leveller!

The Enumerator is required to check the census form for completeness at the doorstep and enquire further regarding any obvious omissions
    http://www.cso.ie/census/main_duties_enum.htm

Got mine last night, was just looking at it and there is no way of sealing it when its filled out, a nosey census collector could learn an awful lot!!!:eek:
    You could decide to post the form, there is a return address on the form.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 onthebrink

I was a Census Ennumerator twice in the 90's, my job was to deliver and collect the forms and to ensure that they were filled properly. I had between 600-700 forms to deliver and collect.
    I can honestly say that I had absolutely no interest in any personal details so long as the form was filled properly.
    Ennumerators are bound by the official secrets act anyway. So my advice is just fill the forms as accurately as possible, be courteous to the ennumerator -they are only doing a job which can be tough at times, I know, I was that soldier!

We got our form last week.

While on the topic of the census, did anyone read the articles about the company our government has hired to sort the results?

It's the same company the American government paid for 'interrogators' that were used in Abu Gharib.

Good to know we are financially supporting those types, and giving them all of our countries personal details...

CptSternn wrote: »
    We got our form last week.

While on the topic of the census, did anyone read the articles about the company our government has hired to sort the results?

It's the same company the American government paid for 'interrogators' that were used in Abu Gharib.

Good to know we are financially supporting those types, and giving them all of our countries personal details...

Let me guess! Indymedia?

Balagan wrote: »
    Let me guess! Indymedia?

Nope, read it here:

http://www.thejournal.ie/census-2011-operators-abu-ghraib-caci-2011-03/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

I lived in killaloe and thought it was a s..t hole, and I had waffles today for lunch yummy.Isn't it grand that same sex marriages are now allowed.....and I think the american version of shameless is better than the english one...

"Village terrorised by Termin-otter" Lost animal turns on rescuers as they try to help it back to natural habitat

Guys, Did ye this story in the Indo today abouty the rogue otter in Tulla? :D:D

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/village-terrorised-by-terminotter-2622875.html

There are some good pictures taken by Arthur Ellis

otter1_i_882106t.jpg
    The otter chases a local in the Clare village of Tulla

otter3_i_882123t.jpg
    Local men Mike Hogan and Joe Burke create a makeshift trap to catch the young otter

otter2_i_882122t.jpg
    The wound inflicted on Joe Burke

otter4_i_882124t.jpg
    The animal chewed its way out of a bag and escaped from the back of Joe's car.

otter5_i_882126t.jpg
    The animal back in his natural habitat.

Seriously, have they never seen an otter before? They bite and can chew through wood. A WTF is up with that traffic cone trap?

Yer man should probably watch a bit more Animal Planet if he plans on doing this sort of thing in the future...

Seriously, have they never seen an otter before? They bite and can chew through wood. A WTF is up with that traffic cone trap?

Yer man should probably watch a bit more Animal Planet if he plans on doing this sort of thing in the future...
    I agree but the poor misfortunate farmer was just anxious to return the otter to its natural habitat. Farmers often come in for critisim but this guy was actually trying to something good.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I agree but the poor misfortunate farmer was just anxious to return the otter to its natural habitat. Farmers often come in for critisim but this guy was actually trying to something good.

I'm not disagreeing with you, just saying if it were like a bear or puma and he tried that it could have ended up much worse.

Minimally he should have used some common sense and gotten some protection before going after a wild animal he was not familiar with.

Step 1 - wear welding gloves. They work on everything including small alligators sure!

Step 2 - use a metal container. Nothing chews through metal, and if you find something that does, leave it and RUN! ;)

*Things I learned watching Animal Planet & Discovery :)

"We put the otter into the canvas bag and tied it and put it into my jeep."

Disappeared

But on reaching the lake, Mr Burke discovered that the otter had disappeared.

He said: "The otter had bitten through the bag and made its way out a hole in a window in the back of the jeep."

You'd have thought the photographer would have told them the otter was coming out the window!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

That picture of the otter escaping made me laugh and laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

I'm not disagreeing with you, just saying if it were like a bear or puma and he tried that it could have ended up much worse.

Good thing those species aren't as prevalent in Clare as they were back in the day then. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,706 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I have friends down visiting, student types with F-all money :rolleyes:

Any suggestions for things to do on the cheap. Anywhere around the South East Clare/Limerick district. We went West yesterday, visited Ted's house, Fanore Beach, chips in Lahinch etc.... but wasn't much to do as it was pissin' rain out West.

• Advertisement

You could take them to Killaloe/Ballina, which is stunning in good weather, lots of nice walks, if you drive a couple of miles out the Portroe Road, (Ballina) you will arrive at "The Lookout", it is a wonderful spot with great views of Lough Derg! It is very popular all year around and there is a picnic area, on the way home you could visit O'Brien's Bridge or Ballcuggaran.

http://www.discoverloughderg.ie/Introduction/LoughDergsTownsVillagesHarbours/Portroe/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brendan_doyle/3646354025/

http://www.discoverkillaloe.com/index.htm

Advertisement