Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "rant/bitch/moan" Thread

• 26-10-2004 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Yes, this is a blatant copy of a similar thread in the UCD forum. But everything they can do, we can do better. :p

Post here when you've had a ****ty day, or when you just want to let off some steam about a particularly irksome facet of Trinity life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Okay, I am bloody sick of how boring science is. And it's only the start of my second week!

Biology is boring and crap.

Maths is boring and crap.

Physics is boring and crap, but also confusing.

I have too many hours of lectures in a day.

Bloody arts students. (enough said).

Etc..

(bear in mind i'll probably be full of joy tomorrow..)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Pet wrote:
    Bloody arts students. (enough said).
    Now now. Jealousy will get you nowhere. Look for a transfer...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Hrmmmm thats like trading a porche for a micra.....

ohh, burn! :D

artsy types are outnumbered 10:1 on ere, he hadda expect that ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Psychology lecturers who think they know stuff but don't. Apparently sodium ions have a negative charge now and you can RECOVER from congenital blindness.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

gwan the art's students....

i'm pissed off because i'm off campus most of the time, it takes long enought to get to Trinity from where i live, now i have to go out to drumcondra as well...

/me waves fist at public transport

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Some of you freshers have yet to experience the horror that is the semen tree. Yes it is an actual tree and it's in front of the chemistry building. When it flowers in round april/may it smells. Not just a mild aroma but a sickening malodorous pong akin to that of stale semen. The worst thing about it is that for the most part you must walk through this wall of stink if you want to go to the pav. Thus destroying your appetite for the pav's scrumptilicious food (best on campus) or a heavy night of pre-exam drinking..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭The Shol'va

It's really ****ing wet and I have to get back to the Museum building :(

har har @ precarious who had me teach'n him today :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Man thats ****ing HORRIBLE weather. gotta walk down to UGC soon enough as soon as i find the feckers i'm going down with.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i'm wet, cold and very very pissed off, ihad to que for a pc...

I'm very glad I'm off today.

i'm still in col, not impressed.....

i'm wet, cold and very very pissed off, ihad to que for a pc...
    Heh, I actually love the rain, I was practically dancing around campus getting soaked, and singing to myself. People were staring at me, how weird is that! :p
    Some of you freshers have yet to experience the horror that is the semen tree. Yes it is an actual tree and it's in front of the chemistry building. When it flowers in round april/may it smells. Not just a mild aroma but a sickening malodorous pong akin to that of stale semen. The worst thing about it is that for the most part you must walk through this wall of stink if you want to go to the pav. Thus destroying your appetite for the pav's scrumptilicious food (best on campus) or a heavy night of pre-exam drinking..

/me wonders how you know what stale semen smells like..

:p

Pet wrote:
    /me wonders how you know what stale semen smells like..
    :p

Lame man..
    My room smells of it

I'm gonna fúckin bitch now... I had an operation a bout 2 year ago and they apparently strapped n stitched up my shoulder nice and tight so it'd never dislocate again.
    Well after 6 hours in james's, here I be strapped up and a bit sedated. Kinda happy though, morphine is great like that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

get well soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭dictatorcat

ApeXaviour wrote:

In my day we used to call it the Jizz tree, it's closer to the physics building somewhere. I'ts very unnerving if you're a fresher who masturbates too much ;) I used to put it down to being theoritical physicists hiding in the bushes until i found out what it was!

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Lame man..
    My room smells of it
    Like ohmygod, ew! :p

What were you up to that dislocated your shoulder anyhows? Afaik, that's difficult enough to do. I think I'm getting RSI in my wrists actually, that'll teach me not to warm up..

Also, I have been to a sum total of 6 hours of lectures this week (out of a possible 22). Yay for laziness! Tis great! Nothing is more fun than whiling away the hours in the DURNS/SFSOC rooms..

• Advertisement

Pet,

Apex was doing judo when he dislocated his shoulder. Unfortunetly this is a representation of Dec rather than Judo ;-P.

Secondly, start going to your lectures more often.

Thirdly, I didn't know anyone could frequent both the sf and durns rooms I thought they had this weird but wonderful long standing rivalry?

K

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I'm a member of both, and they both seem grand. DURNS are definitely bang on, and although I've been to 1 film at SFSOC, the guys at it seemed sound. Note the "guys" in that sentence - lack of girls is quite noticeable.

My current rant/bitch/moan is that I've been sick all week so I haven't been into college since Friday. Tis sad but I miss it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭combs

I'd forgotten all about the Spunk Tree.

Heh, I did judo meself a long time ago, you'd want to be really boisterous to get that kind of injury. :D
    I will go to more lectures now that the boring Biochemistry guy is finished..or so I tell myself.

And apparently (I was told this from the horse's mouth) - DURNS like SFSOC, but SFSOC don't like DURNS (cos of all the noise, and the popularity, etc).

And, to be awkward, I'm gonna do a Phil debate next week. The societies can fight over me. :D

oh yeah,

i had an interesting revelatation as i was coming up the redicously high gmb computer rooms that the durns and sfsoc could become the 21st century hist/phil rivalry for techno-geeks (as in geeks overly interested in internet,music,films,etc.).

Yeah that dude carrol seems boring but is actually pleasantly less boring then u first thought.

I hope durns and sfsoc fight to the death and the winner receives a bigger room with more stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

Originally posted by kevin_c_ie:
    i had an interesting revelatation as i was coming up the redicously high gmb computer rooms
    speaking of the gmb computer rooms, i went up there this morning to find the door was locked :( all those flights of stairs for nothing! then i had to trudge back to the hammo in the rain to find only a mac was free, and the regression thingy on exel wouldnt work on it which meant i couldnt do my chemistry graph....grrrr :mad:

oh yeah,

i had an interesting revelatation as i was coming up the redicously high gmb computer rooms that the durns and sfsoc could become the 21st century hist/phil rivalry for techno-geeks (as in geeks overly interested in internet,music,films,etc.).

Yeah that dude carrol seems boring but is actually pleasantly less boring then u first thought.

I hope durns and sfsoc fight to the death and the winner receives a bigger room with more stuff.
    DURNS really WOULD benefit from SFSOC's room...think of all that space!

Btw, were you the guy queueing for the cloakroom in the hamilton last week, who pointed a frantic fresher (me) towards the physics building? If so, thanks. :D

pet

yeah. i gave you really bad directions.

actually i think williams is the guy who was lecturing you. i went to the gmb rooms and the double doors to get into the snooker floor was a bit stiff any way i got thru eventually then i went up MORE stairs. there were three main doors on this floor (with another alice in wonderlandesque one) all of these were locked except for one which led to a pc fujitsu seimens computer room ( i think they rae the old pcs from ham). anyway, where the macs are i dont know. if sfsoc and durns had a fight im certain sfsoc would win. an another interetsing bout would be the ur versus tn, one is small and stocky and back a punch while the other is big and intimidating. it would be a battle like that of godzilla and king kong.

if sfsoc and durns had a fight im certain sfsoc would win.

I used to think you were cool kev...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Tipsy McStagger

4 o'clock lectures on a Friday are bollocks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement