Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Lahinch

• 08-12-2013 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Group of us considering a few days break at the end of January and Lehinch is one of the possibilities. Could anyone tell me if it's good down there at this time of year? Would there be much surfing or that going on?

There's a good crowd of us planning on going, all in our early 20's so obviously we'd be looking for good nightlife etc too!

Any advice or tips are welcome!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Surfing goes on in Lahinch all year round.

Greens and O'Connor's may have stuff on, I'm not sure.

If you're looking for good pub grub I would definitely recommend Danny Macs.

This website may be of use for events

http://clare.ie

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Also, Lahnich would be better in the summer time as the sea would be a bit warmer, but waves would be fine. Check before hand in terms of swells etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 nochee

Hey looking to go to Lahinch in mid to late May with a group of friends and do the surf school thing. Just a weekend, would anyone have any recommendations of a nice house to rent or a good b&b? Thanks so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ben bennett

<Mod snip>

the Links http://linksholidayireland.com/

or
    http://lahinchpropertymanagement.com/ have a lot of different houses around.

there are a number of b&bs

craglea is lovely www.clareireland.net/craglea/‎;

as is the Cois Farraige 065 7081580

the lahinch lodge is a little bit more but lovely www.lehinchlodge.ie/‎;

there are loads more if you are struggling come back to me,

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ROZLYN

Hi nochee
    I've been going to Clare for a while now on and off and have been both surfing and rock climbing. I've only gone rock climbing once but was good fun..fab location. I've gone for surf lessons with two surf schools one of which I would recommend, Bens Surf School.
    I've stayed in the Lahinch golf and leisure centre (think thats the name of it but it's the only one with a pool), it was really nice with reasonable rates. I've heard good things about Lahinch Lodge which is just next door to hotel..cheaper if on a budget.
    Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 ROZLYN

Hi Nochee,
    Sorry meant Lahinch golf and leisure Hotel but I'm sure you guessed that. By the way the rock climbing was with the same surf school I recommended if you decide to go that direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,173 ✭✭✭dee_mc

The Siding B&B is a lovely spot, walking distance from Lahinch and slightly off the main road so quiet too. http://www.thesiding.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruadh

Hey!

Just wondering if anyone could recommend a holiday home, the bigger the better! There's about 20-25 of us hoping to head there in February so if we could get a least one big house and maybe the rest in hostels, it'd be great.

Thanks!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,577 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

ruadh wrote: »
    Hey!

Just wondering if anyone could recommend a holiday home, the bigger the better! There's about 20-25 of us hoping to head there in February so if we could get a least one big house and maybe the rest in hostels, it'd be great.

Thanks!

A few houses together would be the right job for a group that size. Plenty of rentable holiday homes available in Feb. I reckon.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,577 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Or maybe a big dorm in one of the Hostels?

• Advertisement

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I had thought about a hostel and did contact two but would just prefer at least one house and even the rest in a hostel. I'm just finding it hard finding a large house (most seem to be 3 bed) and I'm not sure about location so trying to get a few in a row...I'm not 100%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭blueshark22

ruadh wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I had thought about a hostel and did contact two but would just prefer at least one house and even the rest in a hostel. I'm just finding it hard finding a large house (most seem to be 3 bed) and I'm not sure about location so trying to get a few in a row...I'm not 100%

Try looking at houses in Liscannor too , it's only a 5 min drive from Lahinch.

Oh great, thanks so much. I'll definitely look into that.

Advertisement