Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

appeal of red card.

Options
  • 10-11-2014 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

Let me preface this by saying I can be an arguemantative so & so at times, but I have curbed my ways and am generally well behaved.

But I received a red card on Sunday, and I feel I have to dispute it for 2 reasons,

Firstly, I feel that the rugby forum is going in a direction that I don't like at the moment, players being called cheats and mods tacitly agreeing, (abuse of players supposedly not allowed)
    People posting in a rival teams thread, when they freely admit they have posters from that team on block function.... I surmise to wind people up.
    Normally I wouldn't be too bothered, but its starting to become too commonplace and has lost boards some good Munster posters imo.

Now my own appeal.
    "Ah well, at least your posts are consistent in their quality ;)"
    This was my post in reply to a poster who had posted 2 posts knocking Munster players, and then posted that he had myself and another poster on block but that we gave him a chuckle anyway

If you leave out my wall of text, my infracted post was just stating the obvious, that the poster is consistent with his posts. Now, that is not abusive, it's not a pop at the guy, and I'm at a loss to see how anybody with a clear mind could see it as a red card offense.
    Matter discussed with mod, wasn't happy engaging with him, and he will not rescind the card.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Matter discussed with mod, wasn't happy engaging with him, and he will not rescind the card.

Hi as per the above, I'll take a look at this over the next few hours.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Hi as per the above, I'll take a look at this over the next few hours.

Thanks.

Thanks v much,

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hi,

I've had a look at this incident last night and a quick look this morning and what it comes down to is, another user has informed you they have you on ignore, which is a cardable offence and it was dealt with by the local Mods as such, but you decided to respond in kind with your post, which seen you pick up a card in the process.

Now, I'm sure you realise, that being here long enough you should have reported his post and let the mods deal with it and we wouldnt be in this situation.

My one bit of advice is not to respond to such posts and report them and leave the mods do their jobs.

As such, I will not be over turning the original card by the Rugby mods, you can ask for an Admin review of my decision if you wish, which you are entitled to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Hi,

I've had a look at this incident last night and a quick look this morning and what it comes down to is, another user has informed you they have you on ignore, which is a cardable offence and it was dealt with by the local Mods as such, but you decided to respond in kind with your post, which seen you pick up a card in the process.

Now, I'm sure you realise, that being here long enough you should have reported his post and let the mods deal with it and we wouldnt be in this situation.

My one bit of advice is not to respond to such posts and report them and leave the mods do their jobs.

As such, I will not be over turning the original card by the Rugby mods, you can ask for an Admin review of my decision if you wish, which you are entitled to do so.

I don't see my post as responding in kind, it was more a genralism about his posting style.
    But I wont pursue this any further, thanks for your time and effort, I appreciate it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Marking as resolved

• Advertisement
Advertisement