Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Stove installer in Clare (Ennis area)

• 10-10-2014 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi,
    I want to find a decent (and affordable) stove installer in the Ennis area (without me being obliged to purchase the stove through them).

Can anyone help me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭finbarrk

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

It might be worth calling into Fairgreen Stoves (located next to St Joseph's Hospital).

http://fairgreenstoves.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blowin3

Most good builders will be able to install a stove and flew liner. Planning on doing the same myself next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Finnbarrk I am interested in installing a stove, would you send me a PM with details like you did to vonny!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭BnB

Vonny & Hillbloom - I PM'ed you the name and number of a guy who put in a stove for my Father-in-law and did a great neat job. Very easy to deal with and very reliable (If he says he'll be there at 9 am, he'll be there). Plus - He'll do the whole job - Plumbing, any bit of tiling that might be needed etc etc

Also - He doesn't sell stoves so you can buy wherever you want but he's good to advise you RE the type of stove you need if you wish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭finbarrk

hillbloom wrote: »
    Finnbarrk I am interested in installing a stove, would you send me a PM with details like you did to vonny!!

Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Carazy

Just a small thing. Dont just pick a stove because it says it will heat X amount of rads. It will depend on type of rad,the run of pipework etc etc. The X amount of rad is a easy sales pitch.

If you interested in buying a stove there is a guy in Sixmilebridge selling them. Look him up on adverts.ie he is cheaper than the shops i just bought one there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭999/112

Carazy wrote: »
    Just a small thing. Dont just pick a stove because it says it will heat X amount of rads. It will depend on type of rad,the run of pipework etc etc. The X amount of rad is a easy sales pitch.

and ....What is the horizontal distance of the hot water cylinder from the stove, overall size of the house, how well insulated/draught proof is the house and as Carazy says the type and size of rads being used ... also how dirty [internally] are the rads, what type of fuel do you intend burning, are you the type of person to keep the internal walls and baffles clean, .... little factors that all add up!

After all, it may be just a room heater stove you are getting. The modern insert [cassette] stoves are very efficient, some having the option of running 1 or 2 ducting's to adjacent rooms, heating 2/3 rooms as a result.

Edit; Also consider installing an appropriate flue liner, insulated if possible. Again, this will add to the efficiency of the stove output!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭The Gride

2 years ago we bought a stove. We used a fitter that was recommended by the shop. It was a disaster. He was not a qualified plumber at all. We had to have it took out again and refitted by a proper plumber a few months later. Anyone putting in a stove seriously needs to check out the qualifications of these guys fitting them

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

I am looking for someone to install a stove (non boiler) into a fireplace. I got quoted the princely sum of €700 to install the stove, that is if I provide all the materials, this is labour only. To me that sounds a crazy price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

No it's mad, I have had 2 stoves installed where I supplied the materials and it cost me about €150 - €200 per job. One was flued all the way and was a bit dearer than the other one.
    A non boiler stove installation is a half days work usually.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

buck65 wrote: »
    No it's mad, I have had 2 stoves installed where I supplied the materials and it cost me about €150 - €200 per job. One was flued all the way and was a bit dearer than the other one.
    A non boiler stove installation is a half days work usually.

That sounds a lot better, can you PM me details please?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭orm0nd

there's a guy from Gort area that does a lot of work for Murphy's in Kinvara

he is a true pro , I'd imagine he would do private work as well if he had time

it's about 3 years since he done mine so it would take a bit of searching to find his details (filing system not the best :( ) but if any body need it I will look it up

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Doingit

If anyone knows of a good stove installer I'd love to get the name. I'm near Killaloe, Co. Clare and have 2 stoves to install. Would really appreciate any recommendations - stoves are already purchased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Anyone have any more recommendation's?

Need an existing fireplace to be widened and made deeper...

I used a builder in Ennis Gerry Hynes who seems to install quite a few in around Clare and Limerick. I use my stove as nearly the main form of heating in the house and have had no problems yet. By the way he is nearly half the price of the other quotes i got but don't tell I said LOL..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Deagol

I bought my stove from Fairgreen stoves in Ennis and can heartily recommend them.
    No pressure sales at the shop with good advise, turned up precisely on-time to install. Reconfigured my existing fireplace to make it fit and looks great.

Several neighbours bought stoves / fitting from a well known Tipperary based company and had to get this guy in to sort out the mess.

Most importantly, he's qualified to fit them safely! (I believe the UK stove installers have to be qualified specifically, in Ireland any tom/dick/harry can do it).

CO alarm included and insisted on checking everything before he left to make sure no backdraft pushing fumes into the house etc.

The guy that did mine was Gerry and does not drive fancy vans or has a shop come to think of it. But he works on word of mouth and recommendations from others he has done work for.

But if you want to pay the big sums for the fancy van and shop up to you as they say its your money noting in it for me.

I bought my stove also in Sixmilebridge from Value stoves and yes for half the price I was quoted in Ennis and Limerick. No fancy shop or showroom just the right price and yes guarantee and delivered it and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cicici

Hi all I'm looking to get a free standing non-boiler stove installed in Ennis area. I will need my chimney lined also. The existing hearth will need to be removed and alcove plastered etc. Is it possible to get one person for the job or will i need different people for the various jobs? TIA

• Advertisement

cicici wrote: »
    Hi all I'm looking to get a free standing non-boiler stove installed in Ennis area. I will need my chimney lined also. The existing hearth will need to be removed and alcove plastered etc. Is it possible to get one person for the job or will i need different people for the various jobs? TIA

I had a good experience with Fairgreen Stoves in Ennis. They lined the chimney with S/S and installed the stove into the existing fireplace by judicious use of an angle grinder :) Looks great, so can recommend.

I'm not sure if they can do the plastering too but worth giving them a call?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Deagol wrote: »
    I had a good experience with Fairgreen Stoves in Ennis. They lined the chimney with S/S and installed the stove into the existing fireplace by judicious use of an angle grinder :) Looks great, so can recommend.

I'm not sure if they can do the plastering too but worth giving them a call?

They only install stoves purchased there apparently

I guess that makes sense in some ways. Hard to stand over something when you can't be sure of the quality of one part of the kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cicici

That sounds great! I'd be very happy to purchase stove if they'll the whole lot! Any chance somebody can pm me the details for builder Gerry Hynes in Ennis also? I tried to google him but failed to get any contact details. Thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bsjk

vonny232 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I want to find a decent (and affordable) stove installer in the Ennis area (without me being obliged to purchase the stove through them).

Can anyone help me?

Hi Vonny, I read your post to find an instaĺler for your stove 2 years ago. How did the job go? I'm also looking for a installer, could you give me his details ?
    Thanks
    bridgit

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Calvatron

Reviving this thread for 2018! Anyone got any updates on this? A reliable installer in the Ennis area? A good price on an inset stove for a small 3 bedroom house. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Calvatron wrote: »
    Reviving this thread for 2018! Anyone got any updates on this? A reliable installer in the Ennis area? A good price on an inset stove for a small 3 bedroom house. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

My recommendation still stands for Fairgreen Stoves in Ennis.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭boosabum

I'm in the market too for an installer if i don't go through fairgreen stoves, so all help appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 48 AnthonyOD1987

Resurrecting an old one guys. 2022 any names for stove installation? Purchased the stove already and the fitter from the shop has done his back In this week so is out of action for a bit. Any help is appreciated

• Advertisement
Advertisement