Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

window companies in Clare

• 30-10-2014 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Hi people of Clare. My wife and I have just gone sale agreed on a house near corofin. The house needs a bit of work such as new windows, doors and floors. We are both not from Clare so I was wondering can anyone recommend a good window company in Clare. Has anyone used the big companies such as Senator etc. If so what was the service like?
    Any good local joinery recommendations would also be great?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,358 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Are you looking at wooden or PVC?

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mullinr2

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Are you looking at wooden or PVC?

PVC. We have heard a few bad reports on the bigger companies so a local company would probably be better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

Munster Joineries did a patio door for us. Was v.satisfied with price & service

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

+1 for Munster Joinery. I've heard good things about Carey Glass as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

Have recent experience with Munster joinery. They have done a lot to improve sales and marketing in last few years. In fairness their products seem to have improved and their fitters were very good. But after sales product service and customer service are diabolical. Once the sales rep got our deposit he didn't want to hear from us again.
    Sorry I don't have a recommendation for you. Just be wary of dealing with Munster joinery, one of the poorest levels of customer service I have encountered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭marzic

if price is your main factor then Munster are hard to beat, but if you go with an independent window company/installer you might get a more personal service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Got all my windows and a composite front door from Senator in Ennis 3 years ago and was very happy with the finished job and the level of service I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

ollaetta wrote: »
    Got all my windows and a composite front door from Senator in Ennis 3 years ago and was very happy with the finished job and the level of service I got.
    +1 for them as well. Quality product and great customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blowin3

Funny I just got windows in this week by a local outfit. He delivered over a week late which in turn held up my dry lining. I have built before and used Munster Joinery and found them ok and I will use them for composite front door and two sets of french doors because the local guy failed to quote. Found Senator very dear suppose you pay for service good luck in your build and let us know who you go for.

Advertisement