Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Anyone else having this annoying bug where you are in a middle of a game and it just goes to a loading screen and stays there ?

I am just experiencing it for the second time now and its even more frustrating since issac was op :mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,081 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I played a few hours of the original on PC and while I understood the hook on a purely objective level, I simply couldn't warm to the game.

Gave the PS4 version a go last night, and now I really get it. Have settled into its rhythm, and love how dynamic each run feels.

Had an absolute miracle of a run there. The stars aligned and I kept being gifted benefit after benefit. Giant, super-powered yellow tears, double item generator, damage reduction, explodey brain and various others. I was disappointed when I destroyed Mom's Heart knowing that uber-Isaac has been wiped from existence :(

Nothing gets your heart going than walking what looked like a safe crack in a wall
    fight all the bosses at once
    :eek:

Have not got this great of sort of accomplishment since soul series

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I played a few hours of the original on PC and while I understood the hook on a purely objective level, I simply couldn't warm to the game.

Gave the PS4 version a go last night, and now I really get it. Have settled into its rhythm, and love how dynamic each run feels.

Had an absolute miracle of a run there. The stars aligned and I kept being gifted benefit after benefit. Giant, super-powered yellow tears, double item generator, damage reduction, explodey brain and various others. I was disappointed when I destroyed Mom's Heart knowing that uber-Isaac has been wiped from existence :(

Explodey brain is considered a bad thing generally cause it can blow up right in your face and hurt you :D

Also i agree with you on that feel when you close out a run with a super powered character only to lose it all, forever. Kinda like playing Diablo 3, getting nice drops, then losing them when you quit the game :rolleyes:

Killed Satan there 2 days ago and again just now. I'm pretty sure he isn't the final boss. What else do i have to do to progress? Keep collecting all the final chest's till there are no more? Kill Satan with each character? Anything else i can do to progress?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Explodey brain is considered a bad thing generally cause it can blow up right in your face and hurt you :D

Also i agree with you on that feel when you close out a run with a super powered character only to lose it all, forever. Kinda like playing Diablo 3, getting nice drops, then losing them when you quit the game :rolleyes:

Killed Satan there 2 days ago and again just now. I'm pretty sure he isn't the final boss. What else do i have to do to progress? Keep collecting all the final chest's till there are no more? Kill Satan with each character? Anything else i can do to progress?

Kill the bosses with all the characters to unlock more stuff. Do the challenges(havent managed to complete any of the ones I tried).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Killed Satan there 2 days ago and again just now. I'm pretty sure he isn't the final boss. What else do i have to do to progress?

Not by a long shot, the game should open up properly for you very soon; depending on how many time you've killed the heart so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Finally unlocked Sheol - killed Satan on my first try! Was there a second time as Eden and got greedy - was on very last bit of health and I bombed myself :(

Whats with the room at the start of the Chest thats locked? Anyone know how do I get in there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Is this cross save between the vita and PS4? I have some stuff unlocked on the PS4 that isnt showing up on the vita even though I've synced.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,909 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Downloaded for the ps4, had a few games and am really enjoying it. There are some amount of items and drops. It will take some getting used to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I played this for like 2 hours yesterday..... I have no F**king clue what's going on.... google etc has not helped :D
    There's all these things like items and cards and power ups but I'm not sure how they stack or whatever.
    Is this one of those games where you have to memorise what like 150 items do cause i'm lost as to what i'm doing.
    I like the mechanics and how it plays, even though some of the random rooms seem broken.
    Also wtf is the deal with bombs and bombs rocks, I'm lost

Cormac... wrote: »
    I played this for like 2 hours yesterday..... I have no F**king clue what's going on.... google etc has not helped :D
    There's all these things like items and cards and power ups but I'm not sure how they stack or whatever.
    Is this one of those games where you have to memorise what like 150 items do cause i'm lost as to what i'm doing.
    I like the mechanics and how it plays, even though some of the random rooms seem broken.
    Also wtf is the deal with bombs and bombs rocks, I'm lost

Don't spoil it for yourself by googling! Part of the fun is figuring out stuff by experimenting. Trinkets will give you certain advantages and sometimes you may not know immediately what they are. The main goal of the game is to get to the end, it will slowly unfold the more you complete it. No broken rooms I've found anyway... There are some hidden rooms though behind walls you can bomb! You use a card with Q and a powerup with Space.

To be honest i have googled what some items function are. But never on the first time i got them. If i don't figure out what they do on about the 3rd pickup ill google them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Just like the original, I genuinely don't get what's so great about this at all

COYVB wrote: »
    Just like the original, I genuinely don't get what's so great about this at all

For me it's the random element that makes it thrilling. You never know how a run is going to end. It gets surprisingly deep the more you play too when new areas open.

bet mom 2 times today which brings me up to 5 times , thing says its gonna get harder WTF! O_o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Must of played over 200 games now a at this stage. Fantastic time waster.

Only problem is I am playing the vita version and it has slow downs like the old flash version had in some rooms. Get's annoying.

bet mom 2 times today which brings me up to 5 times , thing says its gonna get harder WTF! O_o

Just wait until the 8th encounter or so...! Nasty little surprise waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

Like with the original I am bloody addicted !

I have killed every boss with every character on hardmode except
    (the last secret char, I know he exists but have been avoiding spoilers to see if I can unlock him on my own).

I love the addition of
    Eden and the reroll rooms / items like the D4

GO_Bear wrote: »

(the last secret char, I know he exists but have been avoiding spoilers to see if I can unlock him on my own).

I love the addition of

Jesus every boss on hardmode, thats good going. Probably close to 100% completion? I'm currently working my way through the first 3 bosses with each character on normal :P

• Advertisement

Jesus every boss on hardmode, thats good going. Probably close to 100% completion? I'm currently working my way through the first 3 bosses with each character on normal :P

7JfvhCD.png

My secret shame :o

I love the addition of
    The secret character sounds, and looks like a real pain. I don't think I'll ever beat any of the bosses with him. Haven't even tried to unlock him, which also looks hard enough.
    :(

The secret character sounds, and looks like a real pain. I don't think I'll ever beat any of the bosses with him. Haven't even tried to unlock him, which also looks hard enough.
    :(

My friend told me that
    9 of the secrets involve or at least require the secret char, so I need 3 more till I get to that point, I know one has to be building meat boy from the horsemen cause you got one in vanilla for it (which is so bloody unlikely now with the addition of bandage girl as you need to get a horsemen every floor and win a 50/50 dice roll four times in a row, I assume you need to break the **** out of the monster manual or get lucky playing eden and start with one or two of the pieces), its also probably safe to assume another is building bandage girl. Not sure what the last one is.
    If I have not unlocked the secret char by the time I get those 3, I will then probably just look online how to unlock, as I also heard it is fairly contrived.

My friend told me that
    9 of the secrets involve or at least require the secret char, so I need 3 more till I get to that point, I know one has to be building meat boy from the horsemen cause you got one in vanilla for it (which is so bloody unlikely now with the addition of bandage girl as you need to get a horsemen every floor and win a 50/50 dice roll four times in a row, I assume you need to break the **** out of the monster manual or get lucky playing eden and start with one or two of the pieces), its also probably safe to assume another is building bandage girl. Not sure what the last one is.
    If I have not unlocked the secret char by the time I get those 3, I will then probably just look online how to unlock, as I also heard it is fairly contrived.
    Yeah the super meat boy and bandage girl ones are going to be a pain, all down to RNG, just got to get lucky with a early book of rev and get lucky with boss drops.

Regards the special character, I seen the devs are annoyed that its already found(apparently it was left in plain sight in the code). I think it would take a very long time for someone to unlock him judging on how its done, either way, I've a lot more to do before I even consider trying unlocking him. Working my way through the bosses on normal with the characters atm.

I've gotten as far as the heart, is there more after that?

I've gotten as far as the heart, is there more after that?

Yep tons !

Yep tons !

201010f2350364ba90637luk2t.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

I've only beaten the heart twice, in about 70 play through. I am playing on the VITA and only last night realized that you could use the cards\ pills. I thought they just gave you stat boosts depending on which one you had equipped.

Felt like a fool when I realized that :S

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Presume it's mostly thanks to sticking to normal mode.

You can unlock almost everything on normal mode afaik, I did a full clear on normal mode with each char anyways, to learn the new items/enemies/bosses etc.

The only secrets I have unlocked on hardmode so far are
    for killing mom's heart with each character (You get extra coop baby skins), although I have heard you need to complete everything on hard eventually to get the final achievement.

• Advertisement

I noticed sometimes when you do a run Shoel will open in the room where you kill the boss. Then sometimes Shoel will open in the boss room plus a devil room will also open leading to Shoel? Are they effectively the same path? Same for Heaven...

Advertisement