Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

People having a slash in the street

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Why the hell should I have to walk home 30 mins earlier. If proper public toilets were provided they would be used.

Are you a child ? You go home when you need to go home, if you have a problem holding your piss and leaving at closing leads to you breaking the law then you grow the fcuk up and take responsibility and do something to stop that happening such as going home earlier, not drinking so much. I mean you know there are no toilets available, you know everything will be closed at a certain time, yet you continue to drink regardless. So its not unavoidable you just dont want to avoid it.
    I'm not saying I go around p*ssing all over the place or against doors, but on a very rare occasion I might need to go and would duck down an alley or something. Hardly crime of the century.

Very rarely ? But your arguing that there is a problem in the lack of toilets leading to people pissing in public but you admit its not a problem for you the vast majority of the time. You rarely have to do it because its more often than not avoidable for most people. Its the ones who dont care and regularly piss in the streets that are the problem because they aint gonna go looking for a toilet, they just need a piss, dont care where they do it and head toward the closest doorway.
    A perfect example is the urinals they put between Quinns pub and croke park. We were going from Quinns to Croke park one day and bursting for a p*ss, we were just about to go looking for a sneeky spot to go and then we spotted the toilets, everyone was using them and there was no one going on the street. If they are provided people will use them.

I'm sure some would use them if they happened across them as you did but the majority of those who do piss in the street wont go looking for them. I have seen this in my own town where there are two different public toilets just off the main street and more people piss in the alley leading to the toilet than the toilet itself. Because the problem isnt caused by people like you who get caught out the odd time its caused by idiots and scumbags who just dont care.

To me its an utter waste of money to build public toilets to cater for drinkers while we dont even have enough to fund actual necessary services.

Advertisement