Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

GW34/35/36 Plans

• 01-04-2012 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭

As we approach crunch time in FPL a huge tactical decision faces us in the coming weeks as the DGWs and all the madness they bring with them arrive. We are faced with many potentially season defining questions.

Do we sacrifice GW34 with the aim of loading up on DGW players? Do we back the Bolton resurgence and hope they make the best of their four games? Can Clint Dempsey, the DGW King, retain his throne in a week where he travels to the 2 Merseyside clubs? Or do we essentially ignore the DGW's and the painful rotation and general disappointment they may bring and continue to rely on United and RVP. These questions and many more will be discussed and debated but most certainly not answered over the next few weeks.

I felt it might be worthwhile having a place where people can specifically discuss how they plan to navigate those 3 weeks. Let the games begin!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

GW32: Keeping transfer
    GW33: A defender coming in to replace Simpson or Senderos who will play GW 34. Possibly Gibbs.
    GW34: Sunderland player coming in for Wolves game.
    GW35: Use one or both tranfers to get players in for GW36.
    GW36: Use remaining tranfers for DGW. Perhaps take a -4 hit should I see someone else I fancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Good idea for a thread seeing as these few weeks will make or break everyone's season! I posted this in the general thread but here are the fixtures for GWs 34, 35 and 36.
    GW34
    No Game:

Liverpool, Fulham, Chelsea, Newcastle, Bolton, Spurs, Everton, Stoke
    Doubles:
    No-one

GW35
    No Game:
    No-one
    Doubles:
    Villa (SUN, BOL), Bolton (SWA, avl)

GW36
    No Game:
    No-one
    Doubles:
    Liverpool (nor, FUL), Fulham (eve, liv), Chelsea (QPR, NEW), Newcastle (wig, che), Bolton (sun, TOT), Spurs (BLA, bol), Stoke (ARS, EVE), Everton (FUL, sto)

EDIT: Stoke V Everton added

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

as it stands i can field a decent 11 for GW34 have two doublers for GW36, didn't plan it, just the way it worked out.

so i'm thinking one transfer of a doubler in this week and 2-3 transfers in just before GW36, giving me 5-6 doublers. my targets are probably bale, miyaichi, cisse, adebayor and maybe ben arfa.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I can prob field 10 for GW 34 and have 5 or 6 on a double for GW 36. Not sure whether I want to waste a transfer getting VDV in for Gerrard though (DGW for DGW), guess I'll just have to see how he performs between now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Stoke v Everton has been moved to GW36 now as well.

Stoke have Arsenal (H) and Everton (H)
    Everton have Fulham (H) and Stoke (A)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Will be able to field ten in GW34 I think

Will consider a 4 point hit for the following GW

still forming up plans

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

gw36 will be HUGE. there's potential for making some serious headway if you gamble and it pays off, but also the potential for some egg on your face if it doesn't! Ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Dempsey won't retain his throne. Fulham won't score against Everton, they might get something against liverpool but Dempsey won't get enough to be a standout player that gameweek. The teams to look at are Chelsea, Spurs and Newcastle with Bolton also worth a look. These are the only teams that matter imo. Plans:

GW32: Get rid of Reina for Friedel
    GW33: Get rid of Dempsey for Bale or VDV
    GW34: Undecided, will probably save a transfer.
    GW35: Get Wheater in for Shotton
    GW36: Mata or VDV or Bale(the one I won't have) in for Walcott and POSSIBLY get Torres in for Rooney.

The "possibly" is if Torres' form is better than Rooney's from now til GW36. All plans are subject to change based on form. One other team to take note of is Villa. They are the only team with a game in GW34 that also have a DGW afterwards. Therefore I'll be holding onto Stephen Ireland despite him not doing anything for me since I got him and despite him just sitting on my bench the past few weeks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I think I'm just going to field bones for week 34 and build up to a big DGW, I can't see anything jumping out at me to field any decent players for GW 34 with the fixtures the way they are!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,579 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I think I'm just going to field bones for week 34 and build up to a big DGW, I can't see anything jumping out at me to field any decent players for GW 34 with the fixtures the way they are!

Proably going to do the same myself,looking at 8 for GW34 which i can cope with..
    GW36 poses many issues which will need stockpiling of transfers if possible.

• Advertisement

Right. Have it figured out. I think. Will have 10 for GW34. 7 on doubles for GW36. 8 if i play Bogdan. 0 points hits. Yes

Bogdan is a must if you already have him imo. I'll be expecting at least 5 points from him over 2 games.

roryc wrote: »
    Bogdan is a must if you already have him imo. I'll be expecting at least 5 points from him over 2 games.

I wouldn't exactly say that. Away to Sun and home to Spurs I could easily see him conceding 2+ in both which equals - points. He might make it up in save points but it's still a risk. I might consider Howard for a 4 pt hit but haven't decided yet

True but look at his history. In his last 11 games he's only got 1 point on one occasion, and never less than that. And this includes games against Arsenal, United, Liverpool, Chelsea and City. He gets points for saves every game. I'm banking on him conceding in both, but would still expect him to come out with 2/3 points in each.

The chance of one clean sheet over two games is just an added bonus.

True but look at his history. In his last 11 games he's only got 1 point on one occasion, and never less than that. And this includes games against Arsenal, United, Liverpool, Chelsea and City. He gets points for saves every game. I'm banking on him conceding in both, but would still expect him to come out with 2/3 points in each.

The chance of one clean sheet over two games is just an added bonus.

in fairness I think that chance is 20/1. but you never know. I'm considering Howard coz I think there's a chance of two cleanies, home to Ful and away to Sto, decent chance

Yes but you need to consider Bogdan has two double GW's in a row, and the one before he's considerbaly more likely to pick up a clean sheet. If you can afford the transfer Howard could be a good buy, not many will go for him.

I'll be sticking with Bogdan though and using the transfer elsewhere.

As it stands I'll have 10 plying GW 34 and 7 on doubles, with one transfer remaining. Struggling to see where to use it though, all I seem to be left with are the 'untouchables' of Rooney, RVP, Walcott and Valencia so 7 is probably the max number you should be on anyway. Evans won't be playing the double GW anyway, I expect City to score at home.

Yes but you need to consider Bogdan has two double GW's in a row, and the one before he's considerbaly more likely to pick up a clean sheet. If you can afford the transfer Howard could be a good buy, not many will go for him.

I'll be sticking with Bogdan though and using the transfer elsewhere.

As it stands I'll have 10 plying GW 34 and 7 on doubles, with one transfer remaining. Struggling to see where to use it though, all I seem to be left with are the 'untouchables' of Rooney, RVP, Walcott and Valencia so 7 is probably the max number you should be on anyway. Evans won't be playing the double GW anyway, I expect City to score at home.

don't get me wrong I'll be playing him gw35, its just gw36 I don't fancy him. I'd like to get in Gerrard, but that would mean transferring out Valencia which I'd be reluctant to do. Headache central

Unless Gerrard does something special this weekend he's going the opposite way for me, looks like I'll be replacing him with Bale or VDV... prob VDV tbh, could do with a differential going into the last few games, just wary of his gametime.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Anyone reckon Torres is worth a punt for the DGW?? Might be mental for the price of him but i could shift rooney for even just GW36? or i could just keep Rooney and RVP and afford Sturridge??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I'd give anything to still have my wildcard going into this set of fixtures.

• Advertisement

Anyone reckon Torres is worth a punt for the DGW?? Might be mental for the price of him but i could shift rooney for even just GW36? or i could just keep Rooney and RVP and afford Sturridge??

I think he might be. It all depends on how he plays up till then. If he's still setting up goals and maybe even scoring a few then it might be worth a shot. I'd be worried about him starting one of the games and then maybe Drogba starting the other though.

I'd give anything to still have my wildcard going into this set of fixtures.

if only a brown envelope could buy one. I bet in the Italian version it does :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

The main issue I'm struggling with at the moment is the fact that I'd really like to keep Dempsey for GW35 and GW37 at home to Wigan and Sunderland respectively. However, I think I need Sessegnon for GW34 and I don't want to use 2 transfers swapping them in and out as Sess has the potential to do damage in a lot of his remaining games.

I also have no idea what to do with Skrtel at the moment. Collins is tempting but Villa aren't particularly reliable. At the moment it looks like I don't want to do anything for the next few weeks but have loads of transfers I want to make for GW34 and 36. I really wish we could accumulate 3 or more transfers.

The main issue I'm struggling with at the moment is the fact that I'd really like to keep Dempsey for GW35 and GW37 at home to Wigan and Sunderland respectively. However, I think I need Sessegnon for GW34 and I don't want to use 2 transfers swapping them in and out as Sess has the potential to do damage in a lot of his remaining games.

I also have no idea what to do with Skrtel at the moment. Collins is tempting but Villa aren't particularly reliable. At the moment it looks like I don't want to do anything for the next few weeks but have loads of transfers I want to make for GW34 and 36. I really wish we could accumulate 3 or more transfers.

IMO Sess will outscore Demps over the rest of the season

Would love to be able to afford Sess over McClean, but too expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 16,579 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Have decided that Mata and Wheater need to come in for the DGW.
    Mata is a no brainer and Wheater looks value..
    I am still a little anxious that i have no City cover,after the Arsenal game they will surely pick up CS and Goals somewhere so will need to address that soon.

Looks like I'll have 11 players available for GW 34, then 6 for 36,

7 if I'm willing to take a 4 point hit

Happy enough with that

Most profitable part of this could be having a full compliment of United and Arsenal players for GW 34

dahat wrote: »
    I am still a little anxious that i have no City cover,after the Arsenal game they will surely pick up CS and Goals somewhere so will need to address that soon.

Lescott said today that he's fit and ready for selection this weekend. I think with him and Kompany back in the centre then they'll have a great chance at the clean sheets from now on in.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭The Liquidator

Hi everyone, first post in the forum, business end of the season and all that!

Looking for some advice on my team leading up to GWs 34 and 36 in particular...

Team is:

Vorm (Mignolet)

Evans Kompany Williamson Turner Caulker

Valencia Dempsey Bale Walcott Sigurdsson

Rooney Van Persie Sturridge

Brought in Sturridge for Ba this week as a bit of a differential and with a couple of nice fixtures ahead.

Planning to transfer Walcott > Mata and Valencia > Ben Arfa for GW 35 bearing in mind the DGW and Kompany > Kaboul and Rooney > Adebayor for the DGW incurring a 4 point hit.

Currently have a team value of 108.8 with 0.8 in the bank, Cheers!

Edit: Should mention I'll have 10 players for GW 34 as it stands and 8/9 players with a DGW in GW 36.

I'd hold onto Valencia myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,723 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Another factor to bear in mind might be if city dont win against arsenal and united win the league early. Could see some rotation in GW 37 & 38.

If that happens i ll go DGW crazy in week 36 as all bets will be off

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement