Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Will be free with PS Plus within 6 months I bet.... looks enjoyable but the art/lighting style is a bit too much for me, my poor delicate strained eyes :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I can't wait for this one, though I worry the 3d play field is a little too reminiscent of Nano Assault Neo, which I don't like at all.
    And, sure, well get it free in 6 months, but who the hell wants to wait that long?
    I paid for Tempest 2xk, is a beautiful experience, this looks to be no different.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd almost buy it just to see the Sierra logo again :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Looking forward to this more than any other game from 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I can't wait for this one, though I worry the 3d play field is a little too reminiscent of Nano Assault Neo, which I don't like at all.
    And, sure, well get it free in 6 months, but who the hell wants to wait that long?
    I paid for Tempest 2xk, is a beautiful experience, this looks to be no different.

+1

It looks very like Nano Assault Neo which I didnt like either.

It may play differently however so I'll reserve judgement.

I'd like to try a demo first tbh to see is it something I'd pay for.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Picked it up there this morning. Really not sure about the 3d, I'll have to give it more time. I don't like the way they skewed the play area for the classic evolved mode. That should have been left alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

Picked it up there this morning. Really not sure about the 3d, I'll have to give it more time. I don't like the way they skewed the play area for the classic evolved mode. That should have been left alone.

I picked it up this morning too.

In fairness, the old modes are all still there too.

Really enjoying this now. I'm up to 12 stars and struggling to earn the next 4 to unlock the 2nd boss.

Anyone playing this on ps4? Nobody on my friends list has it. :o

Or steam for that matter!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I got it today and I really am not enjoying the art style.
    I popped on Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved a day or so ago and it was much better :(
    Also, cheaper.....

It just doesn't have the attraction of the original, which was the high contrast of the colours, clean lines, pure action.
    Now it feels even more like a PS3 tech demo.
    I'd don't doubt it'll grow on me, but the game now feels less like a sequel and more like a generic twin stick shooter, at best it feels like one of the countless Geometry Wars clones that are on Google and Apple app stores as well as Steam.
    I'm not saying avoid it, but I'd not pay the 14.99 asked for on PSN at least, wait for a price drop or a demo to try it out first.

• Advertisement

Played a bit more of it last night, warming up a bit but it definitely misses a proper legacy mode of the previous games, maybe a bundle to include them.
    Or were they on Xbla only?
    Certainly a game for working up a sweat!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Lamposts

It's a bit odd that there's not much hype on this game. It's epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I like it actually. The star system was restrictive at the start, but opens up when you get a few upgrades.

GW is best with rivals.... Add me if you're on steam - heyheyaces

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Mr E wrote: »
    I like it actually. The star system was restrictive at the start, but opens up when you get a few upgrades.

GW is best with rivals.... Add me if you're on steam - heyheyaces

Added you there. I'm SendMoreCops on steam.

I'm on the last level, haven't played it in a while. Seriously tough to get 3 stars on some of the levels.

Advertisement