Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People having a slash in the street

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

LordSmeg wrote: »
    I take it your one of those who indulges themselves to the point that they cannot control their bodily urges and are forced to piss in a main street ?

Your rolling your eyes because you think this shouldnt be mentioned but should be ignored to allow you to continue indulging yourself and pissing on a main street because "when ya gotta go, ya gotta go".

Am I close ?

Yes and no.
    No, as in, I do not get drunk to the point of losing my senses i.e, I'm not just going to whip it out in public on the main street, and I will try find an actual toilet for as long as is bearable.
    Yes, because I think your example was silly, and it's irrelevant-it really isn't a choice to have the urge to urinate, and when you have to go, yes, you do have to go.
    TBH my view is keep it discreet, and where possible use a drain or plants or something, and you're not doing any harm.
    That doesnt excuse it, the problem isnt people who have no other choice but to piss in the street the problem is people choosing to put themselves in that position and they do that to indulge themselves.
    For me that is exactly the issue.
    In fairness, who wants to pay for a quick slash? I know I almost never have the change if I need to use one. What would be wrong with a low-maintenance public urinal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Yes and no.
    No, as in, I do not get drunk to the point of losing my senses i.e, I'm not just going to whip it out in public on the main street, and I will try find an actual toilet for as long as is bearable.
    Yes, because I think your example was silly, and it's irrelevant-it really isn't a choice to have the urge to urinate, and when you have to go, yes, you do have to go.
    TBH my view is keep it discreet, and where possible use a drain or plants or something, and you're not doing any harm.

But you choose to be in that position. There's a lot of "Where's the public toilets" talk here and it seems to be a popular view. "We want to indulge ourselves, why doesnt the council facilitate that?". Yet if it was travellers saying they want to indulge themselves in relation to their culture and the councils should facilitate that then most people have a problem.

Equally I think a lot of people would have issue with overweight people demanding the council facilitate them because they want to indulge in over eating. Pissing in pots and doorways trying to be discrete is against the law if its in public view, so your either breaking the law in that regard or impinging on the rights of others by pissing on their property.

The issue isnt solved by being discrete, the act is the problem and its caused by people who willingly put themselves in that position. So you either take responsibility for your actions and stop drinking if its leading you to break the law or you give equal status to all indulgences which still doesnt solve the problem because its impossible to facilitate them all.

For me that is exactly the issue.
    In fairness, who wants to pay for a quick slash? I know I almost never have the change if I need to use one. What would be wrong with a low-maintenance public urinal?

What would be wrong with it would be that it would be built to facilitate binge drinking. Why facilitate that more so than anything else ? A better solution would be to crack down on people publicly urinating to stop them doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I urinate in the streets very regularly. It tends to be a lot handier than ducking into a McDonalds or Burger King. I do it during the day sometimes too, but only really if I'm going through Stephen's green or something. I did urinate on College green once in broad daylight and I wasn't caught!

Jesus Christ.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Must say I think pissing in the Street is thoroughly disgusting and deserves a stiff fine.

Me ..I always hold a good stream as I generally get a taxi back to base.

If the taxi driver keeps his gob shut and dosn't try and rip me off ..all will be well.

But if he starts talkin ****e or trys to rip me off... I ease down the kekks and give his back seat a good soaking with sour piss.

Nothin wrong with that in my opinion......:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Must say I think pissing in the Street is thoroughly disgusting and deserves a stiff fine.

If the taxi driver keeps his gob shut and dosn't try and rip me off ..all will be well.

But if he starts talkin ****e or trys to rip me off... I ease down the kekks and give his back seat a good soaking with sour piss.

That's what flutt use to say.

are you his son?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

That's what flutt use to say.

are you his son?

Negative Panda! ...Negative....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Twenty kilometres to the west lies Clonmel... Take a look at this if ye haven't already seen it..Its on Parnell Street..https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/320301/161616.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Jesus Christ.

No No Jesus would never do anything like that..The poster's username is Deus Ex Machina..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

charlemont wrote: »
    Twenty kilometres to the west lies Clonmel... Take a look at this if ye haven't already seen it..Its on Parnell Street..https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/320301/161616.jpg

There isn't enough concentration camps in the world...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

I only condone peeing against a tree while doing a handstand

Feeling a bit inadequate? You going to let him get away with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

I'd say most people who do this have already gone just before they left the pub / club.

Simple reason - once you drink more than three or four pints you're gonna want to go every 20 minutes.

It obviously city dwellers getting so worked up about it, I couldnt care less if a lad has to take a pi** on the side of the street, I've done it many times myself and so has any lad I know. Go out and work on a farm up to your neck in muck and you will soon pay little heed to a lad who needs to take a quick pi**.

If toilets were provided they would be used but you cant always find somewhere to go that time of night and its ridiculous to expect people to hold it.

The same people complaining probably have no problem letting their dogs or cats pi** all over the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Used to night porter in Garveys Hotel in Galway
    Sure get a train or bus to Galway and it's the first pub you see!

Manys a night, wasters kicked out of Boo Radleys would be standing in my doorway and I sit in reception watching piss spilling in under the door.

Grand, I'll fetch my mop bucket so :mad:
    It obviously city dwellers getting so worked up about it, I couldnt care less if a lad has to take a pi** on the side of the street, I've done it many times myself and so has any lad I know.

And then in the morning get my yardbrush and bleach and suds and wash the door and the footpath and the doorway

Take a stroll around Kenya Nice Brake in the early hours and you'll see lads outside shops in your town washing their doorways too

So yes, city dwellers get annoyed over it

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Used to night porter in Garveys Hotel in Galway
    Sure get a train or bus to Galway and it's the first pub you see!

Manys a night, wasters kicked out of Boo Radleys would be standing in my doorway and I sit in reception watching piss spilling in under the door.

Grand, I'll fetch my mop bucket so :mad:

And then in the morning get my yardbrush and bleach and suds and wash the door and the footpath and the doorway

Take a stroll around Kenya Nice Brake in the early hours and you'll see lads outside shops in your town washing their doorways too

So yes, city dwellers get annoyed over it

Granted there is no need to do it against the front door of a shop, but duck down a side street and taking a quick p*ss is is hardly the end of the world and when you got to go, you got to go.

It obviously city dwellers getting so worked up about it, I couldnt care less if a lad has to take a pi** on the side of the street, I've done it many times myself and so has any lad I know. Go out and work on a farm up to your neck in muck and you will soon pay little heed to a lad who needs to take a quick pi**.

If toilets were provided they would be used but you cant always find somewhere to go that time of night and its ridiculous to expect people to hold it.

The same people complaining probably have no problem letting their dogs or cats pi** all over the place.

I grew up on a farm surrounded by piss and shít, doesnt mean I cant aspire to be better than the fcukin animals though does it. Its not just city dwellers who have issue with it, its anyone with an ounce of cop on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Jorcky

It doesn't bother me too much if I see it when I'm out, but then again waiting on Parnell St. for a bus home from college for 20 mins surrounded by the stench of fermenting, dried in piss and stale beer is vile.

Especially if you're exhausted and want to put your stuff down because you're too tired to carry it, but you know everywhere is about as clean as a festival urinal on day 3, so you've to hold them up, try not to vomit, and slowly die a little inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

They used to have a name for it: Operation Freeflow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

The average person must need to take a leak at least twice a day and yet the lack of public toilets in Dublin is a disgrace.

On any given weekend there must be a few hundred thousand people shopping, clubbing etc in the city and yet I can't think of one public toilet to cater for people who may need to use one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I've never seen a woman.. use the outside as a bathroom. Bit different like isn't it. I mean a bloke can get it over and done with it in a matter of seconds, there's a whole process with a woman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

The average person must need to take a leak at least twice a day and yet the lack of public toilets in Dublin is a disgrace.

On any given weekend there must be a few hundred thousand people shopping, clubbing etc in the city and yet I can't think of one public toilet to cater for people who may need to use one.
    The public toilets were all closed because the quares kept bumming eachother in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I find the phrase "sour piss" to be extremely amusing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

I would normally try my best to not piss on the street but there have been few times where I just had to go and there was no public toilets. We are just animals at the end of the day and if there is no toilet provided I will go somewhere quite and out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Never bothered me people pissing in the street etc as long as its not on my door step. Its just a slash loik, no harm. If we stop people from having a piss in public, what next, banning people smoking in public cuz well this is it. I'm off to take a dump in the bath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Eyre Sq Galway has public toilets
    Pay something, I think it's 20c and they clean automatically

So does my fine town in the midlands, has these too

None in our capital city

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

None in our capital city

These things are totally inadequate. Because they clean themselves after each user, only 4 or 5 people can use them each hour.

Some have suggested ducking down an alley or side street. That isnt safe even on the main street in our capital city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

None in our capital city

In fairness, I can't envisage a situation where they wouldn't be vandalized by scumbags or abused by junkies in Dublin...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

But you choose to be in that position. There's a lot of "Where's the public toilets" talk here and it seems to be a popular view. "We want to indulge ourselves, why doesnt the council facilitate that?". Yet if it was travellers saying they want to indulge themselves in relation to their culture and the councils should facilitate that then most people have a problem.

Equally I think a lot of people would have issue with overweight people demanding the council facilitate them because they want to indulge in over eating. Pissing in pots and doorways trying to be discrete is against the law if its in public view, so your either breaking the law in that regard or impinging on the rights of others by pissing on their property.

The issue isnt solved by being discrete, the act is the problem and its caused by people who willingly put themselves in that position. So you either take responsibility for your actions and stop drinking if its leading you to break the law or you give equal status to all indulgences which still doesnt solve the problem because its impossible to facilitate them all.

What would be wrong with it would be that it would be built to facilitate binge drinking. Why facilitate that more so than anything else ? A better solution would be to crack down on people publicly urinating to stop them doing it.

I think you're forgetting that drinking ANYTHING will make you piss. Yeah, I'm putting myself in that situation, because I have to drink water to live.

The suggestion that a public urinal somehow facilitates binge drinking is also ridiculous, I really don't get your logic on that one at all.

I think you're forgetting that drinking ANYTHING will make you piss. Yeah, I'm putting myself in that situation, because I have to drink water to live.

People dont piss in the streets when they drink water, they only do it when drunk. Your being deliberately obtuse here, you know damn well its a problem arising from alcohol consumption and nothing else. There is no problem with shoppers at christmas pissing in santa grotto. Its lazy ignorant drunks who are the problem.
    The suggestion that a public urinal somehow facilitates binge drinking is also ridiculous, I really don't get your logic on that one at all.

As above its an issue arising from binge drinking, and even with public toilets not everyne will use them. There is enough fast food joints, resteraunts and cafes around with toilets to provide for most people, there is also public toilets in a lot of towns, along with toilets in every pub (which are plentiful in every town). What you want is public toilets on main streets to facilitate drunks after the pubs let out. All to stop you breaking the law when your drunk. How about you just act like a civilised human being and take responsibility for your own actions instead ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Drunk people don't give a f**k about anyone or anything. Simple!

Advertisement