Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

Also, what the hell is this 'checking in' about? Say for example a person who lived on their own checked into Tesco(rolleyes.gif) Do they not realize that that information is widely available on the internet and they just provided the perfect opportunity to break into their house?

i suppose tesco is cheaper therapy than cedars sinai (sorry couldnt resist :pac:)

i hate this... i bawled out a cousin over it cos hed been in my house then when i log in later that night i noticed his 'check in' had our address - even the street just not the number - and somehow seemed to include 'X is at flipping X with Y and Z' and a link to our pages too. its just asking for stalkers. even if no one would care to stalk you

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

Muppets who think they are FaceBook DJ's, and do nothing post YouTube video's of their fav bands.

I don't give a F_ck how great The Smith were, I just don't like em, and I've no intention of changing my mind, now please stop wasting band width.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

Facebook is like boards.ie. Everyone is just trying to be liked.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Mr Keek wrote: »
    Muppets who think they are FaceBook DJ's, and do nothing post YouTube video's of their fav bands.

I don't give a F_ck how great The Smith were, I just don't like em, and I've no intention of changing my mind, now please stop wasting band width.
    Just delete me then!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭gabria

Or the dreaded tedious countdown
    Day 1: 10......
    Day 2: 9......
    Day 3: 8......

and so fcuking on until holidays. Well zippity effity doo da

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

"Happy birthday John Joe hope you have a lovely day, love you loads xxx"

Like fecking John Joe dosen't even have a facebook account he's only five FFS!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Paddy_Smith

The facebook status thing is dumb in it's self. Facebook should get rid of it to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Do you have many 5 year old friends? Are you Gary Glitter?

No, just a couple who act like 5 year olds. Discovered the hide function thankfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

tan11ie wrote: »
    "Happy birthday John Joe hope you have a lovely day, love you loads xxx"

Like fecking John Joe dosen't even have a facebook account he's only five FFS!!!!!!

Or people wishing others a 'happy birthday' because FB reminded them...actually no, TOLD THEM it was their birthday. I'm sorry, but if you don't know it's their birthday then save the bullsh!t 'happy birthday' wishes. It's so false and without any feeling.

I never wish anyone a happy birthday via FB. I'll take the time to call and/or text them and if you can't do that to the people on FB then you shouldn't be 'friends' with them in the first place.

Also your post reminded me of this: http://www.lamebook.com/unborn-updates/ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

please copy and paste this as ur status if you know someone or have heard of someone who has lost a calf. every year thousands of preventable calving deaths occur each year due to damaged calving jacks. i know 100% of you will not put this as your status, but if the rest of you's do we can help prevent these needless tragedies xxx

All this....from a city girl

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

"Facebook is shit"

Ironic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

There's a particular idiot on my Facebook (will be blocked tomorrow) and she likes to tell us everything. She also likes to tell us how brilliant her boyfriend is (he's cheated on her by the way...oh how I've been tempted to drop that nugget on one of her..oh johnny is so fantastic..he's made the dinner...how lucky am I girls??)

Well now she's pregnant and we're gonna have to see when the baby is ad big as a grape, when she's tired, moody...scan pictures...seriously..is nothing private anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

xoxyx wrote: »
    Now, come on. Is there any reason why you're publishing your conversations as opposed to sending a text, making a call
    !

They have no credit?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Facebook is like boards.ie. Everyone is just trying to be liked.

No it's totally different.

Here it's called thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Dragons have a bad enough rep as it is...

"PLEASE put this on your status if you know someone or
    are related to someone who has been eaten by dragons.
    Dragons are nearly unstoppable, and in case you didn't
    know, they can breathe fire. 93% of people won't copy
    and paste this, because they have already been eaten by
    dragons. 6% of people are sitting in the shower, armed
    with fire extinguishers. The remaining 1% are awesome,
    and will re-post this."

Swiped and posted up on Facebook

Thank you

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Not dumb so much as random and funny: "Ah Liverpool are good like, fuck sake".

Maybe it was meant as a chat reply and he typed it into the wrong place?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

NotExactly wrote: »
    They have no credit?:rolleyes:

Free web text. raise eyes no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 WorzelDeath

A friend of mine broke up with his girlfriend and started seeing another girl straight away, this other girl then posts shes in a relationship with my friend two weeks later and his ex gives it a "like this" thumbs up.Class!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

:(:);) ;0 :P ;p :p

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Rite time ta pass out for about 6 hours r so b4 I have ta go again:( absolutely bollixed:((

No one cares

What i really hate is the ones who write like this:

I h8 tA tInK dAh AnY1 cUd Be SuCh A sAdDo... SoMe PrIcKs In DiS tOwN XoXoXoX
    or something to that effect

God I hate you sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

A girl I used to go to work with makes reading my news feed like an episode of the Jeremy Kyle.

She has two kids from two one night stands. The girl is an idiot and lads she has procreated with seem like even bigger baffons.

Almost twice weekly we get the likes of

"For people too afraid to ask I know who the kids daddys are!"

"I trusted you you said we would be together forever."

"It only takes a dick to be a daddy but It takes more than that to be a father."

Etc. Etc.

I'd love to comment just the once that she is a totally thoughtless tramp for using no protection and getting involved with two going nowhere "head da balls". But you'd look like a total p*ick. It's a bit unfortunate for the kids, the whole situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Jesus, I wish facebook would ever fcuk off.

Goes double for those constantly referring to it.

Hank_Jones wrote: »

Totally posting that as my status, like.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Hank_Jones wrote: »

I see what you did there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

A friend of mine broke up with his girlfriend and started seeing another girl straight away, this other girl then posts shes in a relationship with my friend two weeks later and his ex gives it a "like this" thumbs up.Class!!

This girl is legit cool. I would smash her.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    This girl is legit cool. I would smash her.

You'd certainly be living up to your username.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Mate of mine (lets call him Bill) broke up with his girlfriend Lets call her Mary), so accordingly changed his relationship status to Single. Her page then changed as well. It read:

Mary is now single.

Bill likes this

I found that quite funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I've culled three people from my FB

1) A girl I went to school with but haven't seen since then who broke up with her bf and spent weeks posting about how much pain she was in and would it ever end. It was horrific.

2) A girl who moved from where I am to somewhere else in the country and whose status was, almost every day about how the weather was awesome where she was and crap everywhere else. I culled her but she still comments on facebook statuses of mutual friends about the weather all the time. When i see someone posting complaining about the **** weather I know without looking that she'll have got right in with a response

3) My OH's ex step-sister. She's studying beauty therapy but put on her facebook taht she was studting to become a doctor of holistic medicine. All her posts were about how much medical stuff she was studying and she has a friend whose just become a doctor and kept telling him she knows how hard it is because of her year long course.

They all had to go. Also, my cousin is in her teens so a lot of her posts are pretty mind melting as well. I just stopped her updates being seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭The Shtig

watna wrote: »
    When i see someone posting complaining about the **** weather I know without looking that she'll have got right in with a response

Is her name Jean Byrne by any chance? :P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I cant think of any status that annoy me.I think you are all taking it too seriously.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement