Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest celeb you've met?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

MMyers wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUY8opAT8uU

Skip to 3 minute mark. Can't believe what i listened to
    I feel like this should come with a warning that it's a link to Katie Price prattling on about how she's a sex goddess but not a slut.

I honestly don’t know what the issue is here
    At the 3 minute mark she was talking about having sex in a canary? It was after that she brought up Rachel. Either way I wish I could go back to ten minutes ago when I hadn't watched that video.

Everyone I know that's met rachel (I have too) said she was lovely, maybe not the most exciting person, but nothing that would cause hatred. KP has slagged her over a long period of time
    Anyone who doesn't want to associate with Katie Price automatically goes up in my estimation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭MMyers

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Anyone who doesn't want to associate with Katie Price automatically goes up in my estimation.

I guess Rachel was advised not to associate with her at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,750 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Good advice I would think.

I have met a few celebrities over the years (Liam neeson a lot of times as he is friends with my dad) and they have all been really nice Aidan Turner was especially sound.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭careless sherpa

is_that_so wrote: »
    That's America, man! :D

Should have shot at each other from behind their cars

gmisk wrote: »

I have met a few celebrities over the years (Liam neeson a lot of times as he is friends with my dad) and they have all been really nice Aidan Turner was especially sound.

I've met Rachel, Kenny Dalglish and Robert Englund, all lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Larry Mullen , U2, zero social skills

kravmaga wrote: »
    Larry Mullen , U2, zero social skills

Have you met Rachel Stevens? Or are you a fan?

24 year old partying Katie bragged about taking Gareth Gates virginity when he was 17 and she was pregnant with Harvey. Anyone with half a brain cell would not want to associate with her but she calls it snobbery. She talked on Loose Women about considering getting Harvey a prostitute when he is 18. Urgh. In case it's not obvious, I have no time for the woman and think she is despicable. The best thing she ever did for Harvey was to put him in residential care where he will have structure and not a revolving door of Dads that he gets attached to and then disappear.

• Advertisement

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    24 year old partying Katie bragged about taking Gareth Gates virginity when he was 17 and she was pregnant with Harvey. Anyone with half a brain cell would not want to associate with her but she calls it snobbery. She talked on Loose Women about considering getting Harvey a prostitute when he is 18. Urgh. In case it's not obvious, I have no time for the woman and think she is despicable. The best thing she ever did for Harvey was to put him in residential care where he will have structure and not a revolving door of Dads that he gets attached to and then disappear.

I get you. I used to think that way about her, but I think she has mental problems and hasn't properly addressed them. I try to see the best in people lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

brian may from queen was a gentelman, christy moore and donal lunny are 2 grumpy old bastards

It was the other way round for me! Brian May just pushed past us as he was leaving the Ulster Hall in Belfast. Around the same time I spotted Christy heading into the Ulster Hall for a soundcheck and he stopped and signed a couple of records for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Shakyfan wrote: »
    It was the other way round for me! Brian May just pushed past us as he was leaving the Ulster Hall in Belfast. Around the same time I spotted Christy heading into the Ulster Hall for a soundcheck and he stopped and signed a couple of records for me.

Depends what kind of a day they've had i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

gmisk wrote: »

Id say Liam is an earthy chap with a few jars aboard.

I mean that in a good way as in does not have the luvvie airs about himself as a lot of bog standard actors do.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,022 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I haven't met her but almost everybody I know who's encountered Anna Geary Camogie, Dancing with the Stars haven't a nice word to say about her.

I haven't met her but almost everybody I know who's encountered Anna Geary Camogie, Dancing with the Stars haven't a nice word to say about her.

I heard the same about Cilla Black

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

I've met her a few times. A few times too many. For someone who's main claim to fame is the ability to hit a ball with a stick, she sure does have some notions of granduer.

It's a long time since I met someone with such a high opinion of themselves and such a low opinion of everyone else around them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭AmberGold

In a restaurant at Christmas a few years back with our mentally handicapped aunt.

Marty Whelan was there and she spotted him. My Dad met him as they passed & asked him would he say hello to her, he came over to the table and spent a good 5 minutes talking to her. Made her month.

I have to say I was impressed and it says a lot about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Never met her but I'm not in the least surprised. Comes across as very false and shallow.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

Met Luis Figo, I can only describe him as an utter gentleman. Very approachable.

• Advertisement

I've heard some of the wwe wrestlers can be difficult or standoffish

Met Mel Gibson was expecting him to be a or1ck but was very nice. Happy to pose for photos.

Shane Duffy sound.

Met Samuel L Jackson in Capri, was high diving everybody who recognized him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I've heard some of the wwe wrestlers can be difficult or standoffish

That's because people have groups etc set up to follow their flights and airports they are at so they can try to get a photo.
    I'm sure most of them would be fine if not for psychotic stalkers.

• I haven't met her but almost everybody I know who's encountered Anna Geary Camogie, Dancing with the Stars haven't a nice word to say about her.

My sister was on a sports course with her a few years ago and said she was comically arrogant and annoying. Was told a few home truths by one of the instructors and threw a hissy fit.

The same sister met the legendary basketballer Magic Johnson on her wedding night in Italy and said he was an amazing guy. She had no clue who he was until someone told her later. He sent champagne to their table and joined them for a drink with his wife.

That's because people have groups etc set up to follow their flights and airports they are at so they can try to get a photo.
    I'm sure most of them would be fine if not for psychotic stalkers.

Randy Orton gets the label of being a douche, and not because of mass groups following him

Worked for Aer Lingus Ronan O'Gara and Peter Stringer arrogant cnuts. Donnacha O'Callaghan sound

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Karen Brady lives up to her TV reputation. Arrived at a high profile hotel as an unannounced guest speaker at a function, had all manner of complaints about her room (the vast majority of which, when checked the next day turned out to be complete fabrication), rang down at like 7am to complain, accosted the phone attendant for not referring to her as "Baroness" Brady and then on check out when asked if she'd like to discuss the issues of her stay with a manager again went off on a rant about how she should be referred to as baroness "a title given to me by, you know, THE QUEEN(!)." Sometimes celebrities aren't what they seem, I'm glad to say that Brady is exactly what she seems and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,204 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I am always curious why members of the public think it is perfectly acceptable to approach 'celebrities' uninvited and expect the celebrity to drop what they are doing and engage in meaningless drivel for a few minutes. Of course then get all indignant when the said celebrity is not that interested in speaking to you.

Personally I think it makes you look like a right dickhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,204 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I had to Google this Anna Geary lady (left Ireland 10 years ago so a little behind on the latest social crazes).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Met Samuel L Jackson in Capri, was high diving everybody who recognized him.
    What was he jumping off? He must’ve been knackered.

Advertisement